Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1169321 thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: MahanalayakKarn

People keep saying Bheema supported Panchali in dice hall. No, he didn't. Yes, he did a lot of lamenting it was happening. Yes, he threatened the Kauravas. But he actually bluntly states that Yudhishtira had every right to stake Panchali.

Bheeshma and Karna and Suyodhana were the main ones from the Kaurava side who kept arguing she was a slave.

Arjuna was the only one to break ranks against the evil mindset from the Pandatva side. Vikarna and Vidura did, too, from Kaurava side.

Yeah, Bheema supporting Draupadi is a new knowledge for me, I always thought it was Arjun, I don't know how true it is but Bheema had said that people won't accept son born from Draupadi or something similar

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: NoraSM

🙂🙂🙂🙂

My mom is yelling at me now for asking questions 🙄🙄

So, You guys have to bear with my stupidity 😭

I have a few questions 🐶

1 Why didn't Yudhisthira bet himself before his brothers? I mean, What good brother would bet his brothers before himself? 😯😯😯😯

2 Why didn't Yudhisthira bet his other wives? If I am not wrong, he had 3 wives

First one, because I think as per Dyut Sabha rules you cannot put yourself on bet as long as you have something in your possession. But I honestly don't know how one can consider brothers and wives their property and how this can be fair. Another reason could be because, Yudhishthir was not a good man. IF rules won't permit me to use a harsher word, so I am sticking to this.

Second, I think there's only one answer to this. Yudhishthir wasn't exactly as righteous as he seems to be. :)

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

🙂🙂🙂🙂

My mom is yelling at me now for asking questions 🙄🙄

So, You guys have to bear with my stupidity 😭

I have a few questions 🐶

1 Why didn't Yudhisthira bet himself before his brothers? I mean, What good brother would bet his brothers before himself? 😯😯😯😯

2 Why didn't Yudhisthira bet his other wives? If I am not wrong, he had 3 wives

yudhishtra actively nevi suggested/though of betting his brothers or wife it was shakuni who suggested the names and he went along with him. At the that point he desperate for win.

1123225 thumbnail

Originally posted by: CaptainSpark

Okay, so as per these citations he only said that Yudhishthir is no longer their master since he lost himself in the bet. Right?

Which still means- he didn't exactly very clearly protest against the humiliation of Drau or did anything to stop it, if I go by the citations.

Yudhishtir lost himself after he lost the brothers. Panchali was bet last. So by Arjuna's statement, only Panchali was not a slave. He spoke for her, not himself. ❤️

Arjuna couldn't do anything at the time to stop the assault. The odds were stacked against the Pandavas in more ways than one. If he'd picked up his weapon, they'd all have been killed. Part of being a warrior is knowing when to feign defeat. When Suyodhana assumed no one would speak and tauntingly threw out a challenge, Arjuna took it.

Edited by MahanalayakKarn - 4 years ago
1169321 thumbnail

Okay, so as per these citations he only said that Yudhishthir is no longer their master since he lost himself in the bet. Right?

Which still means- he didn't exactly very clearly protest against the humiliation of Drau or did anything to stop it, if I go by the citations.

Draupadi, Vidur and one more guy from Kauravas side were talking about the legality of Yudhishtira's rights on Draupadi after he lost himself. Yudhishtira bet his brother before losing himself, Arjun was advocating for Draupadi's claim only, not for himself because Yudhishtira bet his brothers before he bet himself, but he bet Draupadi after losing himself

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

Yeah, Bheema supporting Draupadi is a new knowledge for me, I always thought it was Arjun, I don't know how true it is but Bheema had said that people won't accept son born from Draupadi or something similar

He never meant it like that it was more like how will their sons accept them after they let their mother down

And bheem supporting panchali = keechak vadh. It was all bheem and panchali. There is a reason why panchali approached him and not any of her other husbands because they had that relationship.

Arjun and bheem both had their own different equations with panchali. Its not like only bheem supported or arjun supported all them did and all of them had let her down

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail

I think duryodhan asked that very question that if ond if them refuses yudhishtra authority on them he will let panchali go and arjun did that .that was enough

CaptainSpark thumbnail

People keep saying Bheema supported Panchali in dice hall. No, he didn't. Yes, he did a lot of lamenting it was happening. Yes, he threatened the Kauravas. But he actually bluntly states that Yudhishtira had every right to stake Panchali.

Bheeshma and Karna and Suyodhana were the main ones from the Kaurava side who kept arguing she was a slave.

Arjuna was the only one to break ranks against the evil mindset from the Pandava side. Vikarna and Vidura did, too, from Kaurava side.

But the link you posted does mention Bheem being furious at every stale comment being made at Draupadi at court. I just referred to the link you quoted, and he clearly is enraged at Draupadi's humiliation while I don't see Arjun showing the same amount of rage and being equally bothered about it. I am not saying Arjun was happy about it, of course he was not. But you said Bheem never spoke up.. But, he was the one who took the oath of killing the Kauravas.

And having spoken thus unto the son of Kunti, Duryodhana. desirous of encouraging the son of Radha and insulting Bhima, quickly uncovered his left thigh that was like unto the stem of a plantain tree or the trunk of an elephant and which was graced with every auspicious sign and endued with the strength of thunder, and showed it to Draupadi in her very sight. And beholding this, Bhimasena expanding his red eyes, said unto Duryodhana in the midst of all those kings and as if piercing them (with his dart-like words),--'Let not Vrikodara attain to the regions, obtained by his ancestors, if he doth not break that thigh of thine in the great conflict. And sparkles of fire began to be emitted from every organ of sense of Bhima filled with wrath, like those that come out of every crack and orifice in the body of a blazing tree.

Does this not count as protest?

CaptainSpark thumbnail

Yudhishtir lost himself after he lost the brothers. Panchali was bet last. So by Arjuna's statement, only Panchali was not a slave. He spoke for her, not himself. ❤️

Arjuna couldn't do anything at the time to stop the assault. The odds were stacked against the Pandavas in more ways than one. If he'd picked up his weapon, they'd all have been killed. Part of being a warrior is knowing when to feign defeat. When Suyodhana assumed no one would speak and tauntingly threw out a challenge, Arjuna took it.

Yes, I said a long time back that him raising a weapon would mean war right then and there and that had other consequences. But on the other hand, his statement is in reply to Duryodhan right? When he said his words would free Panchali, as per the citations you provided. I was saying that this doesn't exactly count as rage or outburst. I am not saying everyone is supposed to yell xD But what I mean is, this is a statement any sane person would have made because after he has lost himself, Yudhi cannot but anyone else on bet. So, considering this even if Yudhi had but someone else on bet and not Panchali after losing himself, he or she would have not been a slave.

I still would hold Bheem, Arjun and everyone else accountable here for not doing enough. If you read, all the statements they made are diplomatic. They in no way call out Yudhishthir for his misdeeds. So I don't think Bhim's rageful statements or Arjun's sane correction of what was happening counts exactly as enough as what a husband should be doing in response to such humiliation. This is just my POV. :)

1169321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Poorabhforever

He never meant it like that it was more like how will their sons accept them after they let their mother down

And bheem supporting panchali = keechak vadh. It was all bheem and panchali. There is a reason why panchali approached him and not any of her other husbands because they had that relationship.

Arjun and bheem both had their own different equations with panchali. Its not like only bheem supported or arjun supported all them did and all of them had let her down

I don't know the full story so I am letting it go

Draupadi didn't say anything to Yudhishtira after he bet her, did she? She went on exile with them, served them as a Wife, she was an intelligent woman, she obviously asked help from the one who was impulsive ie Bheema.