Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sambhavami thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: .Lonewalker.

Lol it's looking a lot like unintentional comedy for sure. They had actually tried to make it a standard Star Plus show & tried to modify/ glorify the characters to suit that type of storyline. It's disappointing to see an epic being treated like this. But amusing at the same time if you wonder about their "creativity" πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Lol this show is quite ridiculous but they kind of made it up with its actors & grandeur. Like I said earlier, reminded be of SLB πŸ˜†

P. S. - I am not a literature scholar. Reading the original Sanskrit version is impossible for me. The closest to original bengali version was Kashi Dashi Mahabharata but that also looked very tough to me. I wanted to read the story & Rajasekhar Basu's translation does a good job at that.

Just don't get me started on that hun. 🀣

Try KMG's or BORI's that's in English. Kashidashi is wayy Bengali-fied. Not even close to the standard story. Check the archive mansion in the forum, there are some links you could try.

Yep, Rajashekhar Basu's is perfect for intermediate reading, but it leaves out a lot of fascinating details and stories. πŸ€”

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

KMG version is good. Best if you have the knowledge of Sanskrit. Tbh, till Pandavas grow up, Star Plus MB still had some relationship with the actual epic. But after that it's all fan fiction.

Nrisingha Prasad Bhaduri's work on Mahabharata is very very good and authentic (he quotes the Sanskrit one with explanations) but it's in Bengali.

Rajshekhar Basu is good but I agree with Proteeti. It leaves out alot.

670134 thumbnail

Okay... I will surely try them. But first I want to finish watching this ArjunBharat πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I am actually enjoying these ridiculous scenes because the actors & their performances are pretty great. I am quite smitten by the actors who play Shri Krishna & Arjun. 😳 I kind of understand why the makers are making every incident about them πŸ˜†πŸ˜† As far as I knew, Arjun was the great warrior, Nakul was the most handsome man & Sahadev was the most intelligent one. Here they casted the most handsome actor (among these 5) as Arjun & even made his character the most intelligent one while Sahadev just gets "purvavaas" when something bad is about to happen πŸ˜† It's like they took a blender, put in Arjun, Nakul & Sahadev together & made this new Arjun. πŸ˜† But whatever the script is, I feel the actors did a great job. Pooja is really great as Draupadi. So it's watchable. Finish toh kar hi lungi πŸ˜† Story se jyada expectation waise bhi nahi rakh rahi aur πŸ˜†

After that I will try reading the versions you mentioned. 😳 But I hope I don't get glimpses of Shaheer or Saurabh whenever Arjun or Shri Krishna appears in them 🀣

sambhavami thumbnail

Okay... I will surely try them. But first I want to finish watching this ArjunBharat πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I am actually enjoying these ridiculous scenes because the actors & their performances are pretty great. I am quite smitten by the actors who play Shri Krishna & Arjun. 😳 I kind of understand why the makers are making every incident about them πŸ˜†πŸ˜† As far as I knew, Arjun was the great warrior, Nakul was the most handsome man & Sahadev was the most intelligent one. Here they casted the most handsome actor (among these 5) as Arjun & even made his character the most intelligent one while Sahadev just gets "purvavaas" when something bad is about to happen πŸ˜† It's like they took a blender, put in Arjun, Nakul & Sahadev together & made this new Arjun. πŸ˜† But whatever the script is, I feel the actors did a great job. Pooja is really great as Draupadi. So it's watchable. Finish toh kar hi lungi πŸ˜† Story se jyada expectation waise bhi nahi rakh rahi aur πŸ˜†

After that I will try reading the versions you mentioned. 😳 But I hope I don't get glimpses of Shaheer or Saurabh whenever Arjun or Shri Krishna appears in them 🀣

Yup, the actors were superb here, sab ek se badhkar ek! πŸ‘

But Tiwari ji wasted them all. I would love to see Shaheer, Saurabh and Pooja return as the Krishna trio someday!

670134 thumbnail

Umm...hello πŸ˜› I thought to make a new post in the forum....but since the forum is dead, thought maybe I should just add it here.

I am new to the show, I did not watch its original telecast & now watching on Hotstar mostly because I haven't watched Mahabharat before. Between BR Chopra's Mahabharat & Star Plus's Mahabharat, I opted for the later one because....well...it looks good πŸ˜† The set, costume & oh the actors playing the pivotal roles are so much attractive than the old one ( NO offense to the DD National MB fans. I know they did great with whatever technology & budget were available in those days & I respect that. But to me the Star Plus one is more eye pleasing.). And it even sounds great. I really LOVE the background musics used in it. ❀️Specially the title score, Gandivdhari Arjuna, Kumari Chaapi Panchali & the Shri Krishna's flute tune. ❀️ Visually it somehow reminds me of SLB's periodic movies. I am feeling like I am watching a small screen SLB production πŸ˜†

But however eye or ear pleasing it is, the storyline is really baffling. Didn't they take "creative liberty" a bit too further? πŸ€” Arjun romancing Subhadra right after returning from Gurukul, assisting Shri Krishna in eloping with Rukmini dressed up as Brihannala, Arjun discovering the truth of Laksha Griha just moments before it was set on fire, Arjun playing catch catch with Bheem using Kunti, then playing catch-me-if-you-can with fire all alone while others are waiting for him (What was the point of passing Kunti to the others if they have to wait for him anyway?πŸ€”) and then again Arjun suggesting that they themselves should dig a tunnel & escape through it so that no one knows....And then in the hidden exile Arjun taking the leadership everywhere...be it wiping Kunti's tears or provoking Bheem against Hidimb....& then the swayamvar... Arjun was trying to keep away from the swayamvar as "the best archer Arjun died in the Laksha griha fire"? & then was arm twisted by Krishna to participate in the Swayamvar? πŸ€“ And then suggesting Draupadi that she should marry his Jesth Bhrata because he can make her Queen while he will go for sanyas? My head is literally spinning Is it really Mahabharat? Or ArjunBharat?πŸ€ͺ The way they are going, it's making it look like Arjun is the one fit to be the King of Hastinapur if you judge by "yogyata", not Yudisthir. πŸ€” What are the other 4 even doing in the Panch Pandav? It's Arjun & Arjun alone. Bechara Sahadev ko toh bolne ko dialogues bhi nahi milte πŸ˜† Nakul phir bhi kabhi kabhi opens his mouth to tease Bheem πŸ˜† Though I have not read the original Mahabharat ( I read a Bengali translation by Rajshekhar Basu), but as far as I understand, The 5 Pandavas were like the 5 fingers of a hand. THEY can do wonders because THEY are all skilled in different fields & united THEY bring everything in the combo which make THEM invincible. But yahan pe toh bas Arjun Katha chal raha hai What's with this messed up timeline & jabardasti thuso Arjun in everything? πŸ€“

If I can rant more, can I rant about Karn? What is he even doing in Hastinapur Palace all the time plotting together with Du: gang & Shakuni? πŸ€” I know he is loyal to the Du: gang because Duryodhan convinced Dhritarstra to crown him as Angg Raj, but for God's sake, he is now the Raja of Angg Rajya. Doesn't he have his own house in his own Rajya? And doesn't he have to do the Rajya duty towards his Rajya? What was the purpose of even crowning Karn as Angg Raj if he is not even looking towards his Rajya, let alone the Rajya's subjects?
And what's with the sad face & teary eyes whenever he sees Kunti? 😳 He makes it look like he knows Kunti is his mother & is trying to hide it. If I remember correctly, Karna did NOT know Kunti was his mother until shri Krishna told him. The emotional scenes between Kunti & Karna are really awkward. Kitne haq se Kunti even scolds him πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

And finally I saw the wonder named "Indraprasth ka nirman" ? It took just 1 day? 😳 They came & they conquered? πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜† If I remember correctly, Indraprastha was made over the span of 5 years. But yahan toh...aye nahi & aur kya kya kar liye πŸ‘πŸ‘

I am now seriously contemplating whether to finish it.πŸ˜† At one side I am really offended how everything is so messed up...on the other hand I am curious to know what more can they show? At the rate it's going....I am expecting few more amusing turn of events πŸ˜†πŸ˜† But I am not sure whether they'll amuse me or irritate me. It's amusing to see how they are trying to modify the original story to create a standard Star Plus drama...but shouldn't I be offended at the way our great epic is being treated? 😳

I finally got the answer of the bold part πŸ˜† I am watching on Hotstar, so didn't have any idea about how they promoted it when they actually telecasted it. Today I saw an ad of this Mahabharat on Youtube.... they literally used these words " Yeh Kahaani hai Mahanayak Arjun ke." 😳🀣 I mean no disrespect & I actually like Arjun the most among the 5 Pandavas....but Mahanayak? No dude. He was a Nayak for sure, but Mahanayak of Mahabharat was only Shri Krishna.

So I guess it's not actually real Mahabharat. It's Mahabharat from Arjun's pov like SP did a similar take on Ramayan with Siya Ke Ram. And to be fair they even run a disclaimer at the beginning of episodes saying that "Yeh dharabahik pouranik kathao par adharit hai. Iska nirman manoranjan ke uddhesh se.....etc etc". They are not claiming anywhere that they are showing actual Mahabharat. They are showing their take on Mahabharat where Arjun is the central hero of the Story. That's why they glorify & thusofy him everywhere so much πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I think we shouldn't really expect much authenticity when they have promoted the show like this from the beginning.

sambhavami thumbnail

Sometimes I feel like even Krishna is falling short of this Mahanayak! Why Vrihannala why?! 🀣

670134 thumbnail

Originally posted by: proteeti

Sometimes I feel like even Krishna is falling short of this Mahanayak! Why Vrihannala why?! 🀣

Nah.... Krishna can never fall short to anyone.... SP know this. I guess while declaring Arjun as "Mahanayak", they probably didn't even consider Krishna in the equation. Krishna is deity, he is the creator, he is the director of this whole gatha. He doesn't even come into the competition because he is way above it. Arjun is Mahanayak among the other Nayaks (to them).

I was surprised seeing the ad πŸ˜† but well.....let it be. πŸ˜†

sambhavami thumbnail

Nah.... Krishna can never fall short to anyone.... SP know this. I guess while declaring Arjun as "Mahanayak", they probably didn't even consider Krishna in the equation. Krishna is deity, he is the creator, he is the director of this whole gatha. He doesn't even come into the competition because he is way above it. Arjun is Mahanayak among the other Nayaks (to them).

I was surprised seeing the ad πŸ˜† but well.....let it be. πŸ˜†

Not the real one hun, SP wala hi. πŸ˜†

670134 thumbnail

Originally posted by: proteeti

Not the real one hun, SP wala hi. πŸ˜†

Nah πŸ˜† SP wala Krishna bhi above the Mahanayak. I don't see any try to bring him down. Mahanayak is being glorified sure....but Krishna is true to his essence ❀️

One thing I must hand it down to them. The casting was really perfect.⭐️ Shaheer did a great job as this "Mahanayak Arjun". I sometimes wonder whether the casting affected the storytelling somehow. Can it be because of Shaheer that Arjun got so much focus? Or they decided to portray Arjun as the "Mahanayak" hence casted Shaheer? The other 4 Pandavas really pales into comparison in front of this new Arjun & it's not just because of storytelling.

And Krishna.... I must say Saurabh Raj Jain has literally slayed it ❀️ The way he speaks & his gestures....those are so soothing & peaceful to look at. It's like feeling a strange sense of peace amidst everything just by looking at him. And his smile ❀️ They got Krishna totally on point ⭐️

I think both Shaheer & Saurabh didn't have much prominent filmography before Mahabharat. SP literally discovered these 2 gems & polished them.

sambhavami thumbnail

Ookies, but Rukmini Haran thing really irked, but then I am way too touchy about Krishna. ☺️

Oh but SRJ was playing Vishnu/Krishna from like 3 serials prior. 🀣