Shehnaaz's 'Entertainment'

NepaliArtist thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Disclaimer: I am not a Sana hater at all. Throughout the run of BB13, I have had a bit of a soft spot for Sana, though I have also been hella annoyed by her at many points. Overall, to me, she was the biggest disappointment of the season because she is genuinely an interesting girl who got lost in the SidNaaz nonsense and ended up being used by the channel as a way to give their damaad some desperately needed positive footage. Potential winner, ruined by the bias (and zabardasti channel ka cupid Vikas Gupta)

Here's my question: What is entertainment? And how is Sana good at it?

We've seen and heard the entertainer tag thrown around ALOT with respect to Sana but we haven't gotten a clear definition of what that means. When Bhau first came, he was also called an entertainer - so I guess having a naturally funny personality = entertainment. Lekin us hisab se toh Sana was way less funny in the second half of the season. She was basically just clinging on to Sid and either fighting or making up with him. But she was still called entertaining by Salman. What was he talking about?

When Sid left for the secret room, she was seen whining about it all week. And Salman accused her of not entertaining that week. Again, how? She was literally doing what she did most of the last 2 months. Complain, get sad, feel better, laugh, repeat. How is Salman determining when its entertainment and when it isn't? And the Comedy Club task was also a disappointment. She won the task (crowd was rigged), but its legacy is pretty negative. People remember it for her putdown of Mahira more than anything else. Even later in the show it was never referenced (like Asim/Arti's few lines that stayed with the audience)

Rajat Sharma also praised her as an entertainer and asked her to sing a song. We've heard her sing ALOT on the show. She's definitely good enough to hold a note and stay in tune. Her voice is also quite nice, although too 'screamy' for my taste when she sings loudly or songs with high notes. I wouldn't say she's mediocre, but she's definitely not at Rohanpreet's (or even the guy with the silver hair's) level. She's just about acceptable live, and probably very good in the studio where she has the luxury of taking multiple takes.

So, it begs the question -

WTF is entertainment?

And why is it such an established thing that she is good at it?

And why have we all agreed to it without understanding what it means? 😆

And why has she gotten an entire new show on that basis? One that she is not able to hold, in my opinion, and has been almost single handedly driven by Paras so far. But given her BB13 persona, that's totally expected. She was never really one to take charge or show leadership, when it came to tasks, matters in the house, fights, or anything. So what exactly does Colors expect from her? WHAT IS ENTERTAINMENT? 🤣

Edited by NepaliArtist - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kanchhi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Kambal mein fumble check

Uwaa uwaa ammaaaa check

Awww choo cute bacchi act check

Dumb blonde act Check

Are you not entertained? 😉😀

P.S.- if you find the answer of your question, please let me know as well 🙂

dahibhalle thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

As someone who likes Sana ( a rarity on this forum for Sana's show😆) my perspective is a bit different.

I was very entertained by Sana- in fact Sana's fake eviction when Sid was away sick, was hilarious imo.

She has a very Punjabi sense of humour where most of us punjus know people like Sana jo haste haste le lete hain and those one liners that she would deliver for eg the way she said every one on the show does everything positively.

Again this is my perspective and everyones idea of entertainment is different.

I would fast forward most of Sana less scenes because I found all the other contestants boring.

ShadowImbue thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail + 4

Entertainment is a combination of sassyness and crazy one liners which Sana has given. Her being bindass and badass. Entertainment is not about being entirely funny. Its also about being given maximum screentime in episodes which Sana was given, being watched and liked by majority of viewers. During WKV where Salman scolded her for the first time quite harshly and warned Sid and Sana wanted to leave the show. She actually sat near that door for 2 hours asking creatives to open the door and let her leave, telling them that she has been wronged (asked to stick to Sid by guests yet being criticized for same) or her slapping Sid was highlighted but him poking her wasn't. That WKV pulled majority of viewers and few on DDT called it Shehnaaz show or her antics and drama annoying but same was liked by viewers. General viewers sympathized with her. There were several people on SM in her favor. How she is being "wrongly" portrayed a psychopath. That week has still given highest recorded trp. Her drama on fake eviction can be annoying for few but it was quite entertaining for others. Her talking to crow, bhumbaro, phunny english, crazy antics have been entertaining for few. Her flips were quite unpredictable which made her entertaining. Her changing equations and her banters with Salman had being quite entertaining for many. A portion of WKV use to be dedicated to her interaction with Salman or on tasks designed for her. Her act during comedy club was average. I agree but the way she interacted with viewers was quite likable. So concluding she is over hyped in name of entertainment will be like.

Sadda Kutta Kutta teh Tuhadda Kutta Tommy.

Edited by ShadowImbue - 4 years ago
oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Kanchhi_

Kambal mein fumble check

Uwaa uwaa ammaaaa check

Awww choo cute bacchi act check

Dumb blonde act Check

Are you not entertained? 😉😀

P.S.- if you find the answer of your question, please let me know as well 🙂

Uwaa uwaa ammaaaa - yeh to kidnaaz ka birthright hai.... copyright... patented... 😆

ShadowImbue thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail + 4

Her fun loving side is entertaining for many but for few it might not be..

Having Fun with Vishal-Madhurima

https://www.instagram.com/p/B83wEiSpzs9/

Mimicking Himanshi

https://www.instagram.com/p/B84R6e1lFLN/

NepaliArtist thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ShadowImbue

Her fun loving side is entertaining for many but for few it might not be..

Having Fun with Vishal-Madhurima

https://www.instagram.com/p/B83wEiSpzs9/

Mimicking Himanshi

https://www.instagram.com/p/B84R6e1lFLN/

Wow, that Himanshi mimicry was on-point!

Even the small subtleties of her expressions and voice! 😆

GoodDoc_2105 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Her singing talent is just about average definitely not good enough to make a career out of it in Mumbai

Other entertainment skills like mimicry and occasional oneliners she comes up with are average. Most of us have some family members like that who entertain us during family gatherings. So even this is not enough to make it big in the entertainment industry especially if one has to compete with likes of Kapil Sharma and Bharathi.

Colors has been trying their best to set up a rival team and been encouraging Grover quite a bit and he is still not able to make a mark for himself despite being talented.

Sana's acting skills - less said the better.

Standup comedy episode- it was nothing but rant against Mahira Sharma where Arti and Asim stole the thunder from her.

So what does she intend to do?

Have not watched this current show in full but saw a few snippets where she sits morosely or talks so loudly equating it to comedy.

If she hangs around in Mumbai she will be the next Dolly Bindra.

PD_forums thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Sana is nothing without Sid and that's why she is holding on Sidnaaz fans... She is not talented like kapil to do stand up comedy. She is popular only because of Sid. Remove Sid from picture she will disappear very fast.

GumnaamHaiKoii thumbnail

Originally posted by: -PD-

Sana is nothing without Sid and that's why she is holding on Sidnaaz fans... She is not talented like kapil to do stand up comedy. She is popular only because of Sid. Remove Sid from picture she will disappear very fast.

Yes. She's quite mediocre singer too

I don't find her 'entertaining' at all 😕