Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: CreativeByBirth

i want to start a new ff can i?

In the old site? Yes.

desidillse thumbnail
Rainbow Reign Pride Participant 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 8

old site?

do you mean that only new ff's will be migrated?

Leprechaun thumbnail

I vote negative for the horizontal cover. The vertical cover is quite common for both movies/books or any promotional purpose and it'll be good if it's followed here as well. Just a thought! If people can add gifs, dividers and other media between their text, they can use a horizontal banner there, maybe!

Just like I mentioned before it'd be useful to have members-only/subscribers only access to the story. From a writer's POV, it's encouraging to see the number of subscribers (along with the votes and views). Regarding the 'no-copy' issue, I'd request you to enable 'no right click' option and no 'ctrl+P' option. (It's quite easy to copy text using the print option.)

These are just mere suggestions (IDK how much of technically these would work) Maybe viewers can get the author's name and a min of 5 tags (it shows one and +4 now) along with a 2 line summary, story name, vote, and views. And can we get a list of characters https://i.imgur.com/vbEIdaA.png here? Just like tags! It'll make readers find stories with the characters also. General tags can be used to categorise the genre! (Pont 10 from the first look thread) I'm making this complicated, right?πŸ˜†

Kindly make it mandatory for the writers to credit the banner if they request one. Like they credit initially and then edit it later... that's πŸ™„ cheating.

As a later development, I'd like to see story/chapter statistics status, background customise change as well. Now that's too much to ask for, lemme stop hereπŸ‘»

Edited by Leprechaun - 4 years ago
Koeli thumbnail

Originally posted by: CreativeByBirth

old site?

do you mean that only new ff's will be migrated?

Nope. You will be able to migrate all ffs... you can post you new ff here in the current site. It will be shifted once the migration starts

desidillse thumbnail
Rainbow Reign Pride Participant 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Koeli_Appy

Nope. You will be able to migrate all ffs... you can post you new ff here in the current site. It will be shifted once the migration starts

ok thanks di

Originally posted by: Leprechaun

I vote negative for the horizontal cover. The vertical cover is quite common for both movies/books or any promotional purpose and it'll be good if it's followed here as well. Just a thought! If people can add gifs, dividers and other media between their text, they can use a horizontal banner there, maybe!

Just like I mentioned before it'd be useful to have members-only/subscribers only access to the story. From a writer's POV, it's encouraging to see the number of subscribers (along with the votes and views). Regarding the 'no-copy' issue, I'd request you to enable 'no right click' option and no 'ctrl+P' option. (It's quite easy to copy text using the print option.)

These are just mere suggestions (IDK how much of technically these would work) Maybe viewers can get the author's name and a min of 5 tags (it shows one and +4 now) along with a 2 line summary, story name, vote, and views. And can we get a list of characters https://i.imgur.com/vbEIdaA.png here? Just like tags! It'll make readers find stories with the characters also. General tags can be used to categorise the genre! (Pont 10 from the first look thread) I'm making this complicated, right?πŸ˜†

Kindly make it mandatory for the writers to credit the banner if they request one. Like they credit initially and then edit it later... that's πŸ™„ cheating.

As a later development, I'd like to see story/chapter statistics status, background customise change as well. Now that's too much to ask for, lemme stop hereπŸ‘»

Yes we will have the option of Subscriber only and it can be limited to certain chapters. Idea is that author should give preview of the fan fiction by making chapter 1 available to all and all subsequent chapters will only be viewable once you subscribe.

Similarly Members only will be worked upon. But to subscribe one has to be an IF member.

We will be implementing the no right click and other ways to make it difficult for users to copy the text.

We will add author display name instead of username (if available).

We will be showing Genre / HashTags in the list and there is also the option to tag Shows so that it appears in those pages also. I am not sure if we should tag actors.

Yes if the banner is provided by another member they should be credited and a separate field will be created and shown in the Fan Fiction page.

Regards,

1181424 thumbnail

That's going great

Do check how the filtering feature will work by tags. At the moment we have 3 ArShi fanfics. This will get much larger when we migrate other fan fictions also.

The tags will be sorted based on its popularity.

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction

2111_shweta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Will there be a sub tab in the FanFictions tab in profile nest to My FFs for favorites? Like the current watched topics where we can watch a topic.

Or that is the subscribing feature being added?