RoNakshi OS: The Missing Puzzle

Mushfika_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hey everyone! I apologize for spamming y'all with my stories but I just love writing in my spare time (which I seem to be getting a lot these days😆) . This is a lighthearted one shot I wrote on how Rohit helps his sona with her studies and school life. Just a heads up I have been brought up in the west so I don't really know how the education system work in india. I didn't want to assume so i just put up a general scenario. I hope I didn't make a blunder lol. 

And if you guys do end up reading, please hit the like button and leave your feedback. Thank you so much for always showering me with so much love and support on all my stories, it means more than I can ever express in words. I love you all! đŸ¤—

Happy reading đŸ˜ł

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9:37 pm…

It had been a very long day. Sonakshi Rastogi Sippy entered her bedroom and plopped on the couch throwing her bag that landed at some corner of the room. She exhaled loudly as the cool air of the air conditioner started blowing away the beads of sweat that had formed due to the scorching heat of Mumbai. She grabbed her phone to text Rohit when she saw the notification of a text message popping up on the screen. 

“Will be a little late today. Got caught up with a last minute meeting. Don’t wait for me. Eat and go to bed 😊” 

Sonakshi checked the time. It was sent at 8:10 pm. 

She rolled her eyes as she typed  away a quick “ok” before grabbing her bathrobe and towel and entered the washroom for a cold shower.

She huffed in agitation at the sudden turn of her life. Ever since she has decided to continue her studied (grade 10), she has only received humiliation and discouragement from her classmates at school. No one would come forward to initiate a conversation. If she wants to do the same, they would be monosyllabic with answers and would want to get away to continue with whatever they were doing.  All the students have their own group of friends and when Sonakshi would draw her hand forward to friendship, they would indirectly indicate that she’s not ‘cool’ enough to be their friends. Moreover, she had overheard many students calling her a ‘behenji’ because of the significant age difference and her dressing style. 

But today was the last straw - the culminating project outline has been handed out and the students were asked to do it in a group of 3. As usual, everyone in the class had already selected their friends as their group members to their convenience, and sonakshi was left alone. When asked the Class instructor about the issue, he had simply told her the project isn’t as difficult and can be completed alone,however as a compensation, she may do a presentation instead of constructing a model which was applicable only to the groups that consisted of two to three members.

Sonakshi was anguished over what is to come in the upcoming days. She had no idea how to do this project. Heck, she didn’t even know where to start from. She wanted to bang her head against the tiled wall for the ignorant decision she had made about going back to school. It has only given her stress, humiliation and more stress. And biology being her pet peeve, it is making her more and more anxious about the project that is due in two days. 

Draping her hair with the towel into a bun, sonakshi came out in her bathrobe. She made herself some coffee before coming back to her study table. She pulled up the outline of the project to decide on a topic and brainstorm the ideas. 10 minutes into it and Sonakshi huffed in frustration, slamming her laptop shut. She covered her face as she tried to decide whether she should be laughing or crying at the grave she dug for herself. Life was so much simpler before - a successful show, understanding producer and director, the best cast and crews, and a huge fandom who used to be crazy for ‘parvati’. Yes it was tiring with the uncertainty of the duration of shoots everyday but she didn’t mind. As a matter of fact, she used to enjoy it. And with studies, she just couldn’t find the same enthusiasm - probably due to the break she took all these years. Oh how she wanted to go back! 

“Long day?”, a sudden whisper into her ear made her jump out of her skin as she craned her head around before sighing in relief. 

“You scared me!”

Rohit chuckled softly kissing her forehead, “Hey”

She couldn’t wrap her head around the fact that this man still has the power of leaving fluttering butterflies in the stomach even after 3 months of marriage with just a word as simple and ordinary as ‘hey’. She deduced that she’s the only exception in this whole wide world because it seemed ridiculous to go all gaga over her very own husband like a teenager who just saw her first crush smiling. 

“Earth to, Mrs Sippy?”, Rohit waved his hand in front of her eyes. 

“Oh sorry urmm”, Sonakshi drew her gaze to the marble floor as she  let out a bashful smile before looking back up, “hi!” 

“How was your day?”, asked rohit as he started taking off his shoes, socks and tie. 

“Just the usual”, Sonakshi shrugged as she helped him out of his blazer. 

“Why are you still awake? It’s 11 pm, don’t you have an early morning tomorrow?”

Sonakshi nodded.

“Then?”

Sonakshi stayed quiet and shrugged again. 

“Please don’t tell me you didn’t eat either.”, Rohit frowned at her to read her face before closing his eyes in frustration when he saw the smile. “Are you serious? This is the height of being irresponsible Sona! You need at least 6 hours of sleep, and good nutrition to be perfectly functional. What’s wrong with you?” 

“You know I don’t eat without you.”, Sonakshi replied timidly. 

Groaning , he pulled her against his body before kissing her pointy nose, “You’re incorrigible” 

~~~~~~~~

If there was anyone in the sippy family who could be given the job of an Agent in the CBI as an alternative job for their ability to notice the slightest detail or change, it would be Rohit. As sonakshi ate away quietly, he couldn’t help but notice the constant tapping of her feet, shaking her leg, and the frequent zoning out. 

They went to their room after Sonakshi put away the plates in the sink.

“So are you gonna tell me or will I have to use my genius brain to figure out what’s bothering you?”

Sonakshi snapped at him, surprised, “huh?”

Rohit tilted his head with his eyebrows raised with a look that said ‘you know you heard me’ 

sighing , sonakshi covered her forehead in plain stress, “I’m gonna fail! I don’t even know what’s gonna happen. I’m so gonna fail rohit...i have no many things piled up and there is this new project and i’m gonna fail….i don’t even know why i’m here rohit...this is….i don’t know i’m just gonna fail...”

She blabbered as she continued panicking and paced from one corner of the room the other. 

“Okay stop.”

Sonakshi halted her steps as rohit stood in front of her, “Deep breaths Sona. Breathe in…”,  Sonakshi inhaled loudly as she saw her husband doing the same with her, “.....and breathe out. And again,  Breathe in…...and breathe out”

Sonakshi felt her agitated nerves and heartbeat come back to normal

â€œBetter?”

Sonakshi nodded. 

“Good.”, he tugged at her hand as he sat on the couch and pulled her to sit on his lap, “now tell me what’s up. But I'm going to pretend that I didn't hear anything if you speak like you have a train to catch. Stay calm as you speak.” , said rohit as he put the few strands of hair behind her ears.

Sonakshi took a deep before explaining what’s going on in school and about the new culminating project that she needs to submit in two days and here she hasn’t even chosen a topic and how she’s on her own on this project which add a cherry on top. 

“Hmm. Show me your project outline.” 

Sonakshi pulled up the outline as he schemed through it.

“So you have two options to choose from. Option 1. Effects of antibiotics on microorganisms where a real life case needs to be used to build a model . Option 2. The discovery of a Biotechnology that has made a significant impact in today’s world. So which option are you going for?”

“I don’t knowww! I’m so clueless rohit.. I don’t know anything”, sonakshi whined like a child. 

“Oh you sure do sweetheart”

When Sonakshi looked at him confused, he spoke again, ”Alright, let me give you a hint. You already made a small presentation on one of the topics on the outline”

Sonakshi stared at him as if he had grown horns on his head. She was sure her husband has been suffering from short term memory loss because clearly he doesn’t remember that she hasn’t gone to school in the past 10 years, let alone making a presentation.

“C’mmon. You’re Sonakshi Rastogi. THE Sonakshi Rastogi! Think a little harder.”

She always loved how much pride he always took her name with. She has always noticed this pattern that whenever he felt respect or wanted to emphasize on her potential, he would mention her with her maternal last name instead of attaching his family name with hers. And this nothing but warmed her heart because it showed that he feels the way he does only because of the person she is (which by the way is the result of all her hard work, sincerity and honesty), not because a rich and influential last name is tagged with her name. 

When she frowned harder, rohit spoke again, “Alright, hint number 2: The presentation had to do something with me”

5 seconds into it and Sonakshi jumped on her feet letting out a loud gasp, “Sapien3 Heart valve replacement technology!!!” 

“Bingo!”, Rohit beamed at her proudly. 

Sonakshi flashed all her teeth at him before walking back to sit on his lap as he continued, “Now, do you have to make a model on it?”

“Oh no, the instructor said I can do a presentation instead since I'm on this project alone” 

“That’s perfect! We wouldn’t have enough time to do that anyway. So here’s the plan. You already have some background knowledge on this topic. All you gotta do is research a bit more so you know what points you should put up on the powerpoint slides and what to put on the cue cards that you will need to keep in your hand as you present. I will help you with the powerpoint slides tomorrow and fill you up with all the information on the technology and how it is used in our hospital and how impactful it has been ever since it was launched in india. How does that sound?”

Sonakshi stared at her husband in awe. How did she ever get this man who looked no less than a greek god and had a brain of Albert Einstein. His brain works like a bullet train and there is denying to the fact that this was one of the top reasons he is india’s best heart surgeon. 

Leaning down, sonakshi kissed his cheek and whispered,  “how do you always come up with a solution to all my problems?”

Rohit smiled at her content as he spoke, “It's really late now. You have to go to bed now.” 

“Aren’t you gonna sleep?” 

“I just have to email a few assignments to one of my interns.” 

Groaning , she pouted before stomping to her side of the bed and pulled the duvet over her making Rohit chuckled and opened his laptop. 

“You know I really feel like these interns of yours get to spend more time with you than your own wife”, commented sonakshi as her husband quickly typed away. 

Stopping he smirked before craning his head around, “Mrs. Sonakshi Rastogi Sippy, are you saying you are jealous of my interns?”

“Me? And jealous?! Sonakshi sippy never gets jealous. Do whatever you have to. Who cares. I’m gonna sleep. Good night!” 

“Oh thank god. It would be a rather priceless situation if you were to be jealous of your own brother” 

Sonakshi gasped as the realization hit upon her that by intern he was referring to Pulkit. She covered her head as she started shaking in laughter. 

“It’s okay, you can uncover your head and laugh openly. I won’t judge”, rohit laughed before going back to his email. 

He quickly finished up his work and slipped under the blanket. He pulled her into his arms before turning off the side lamps.

“You should learn to fall asleep alone. What are you going to do when I'm out of the city/country for work?”

It has been an everyday-thing for them. He knew very well that his wife wouldn’t fall asleep until he takes her in his arms. 

Snuggling into his chest, sonakshi mumbled, “You should have thought about it before you decided to spoil me.”  

Rohit sighed as he took in the berry-vanilla fragrance of her hair, before pressing his lips on the top of her head, “Love?” 

“Hmm?”

“I know and I understand that it is hard for you when classmates are not the best in terms of interaction. But trust me, it will be worth all the obstacles at the end. And I guarantee you that you will ace the presentation with flying colours and then watch those students chase you like  lost puppies. The hardship is only till the first break, once you overcome that, everything gets a lot easier.” 

Rohit paused before continuing , “Having said that, if you decide not to continue your studies, It won’t take away the least bit of the pride I feel for you. The decision is solely yours.”

Her eyes welled up at the gravity of his word. No one has ever said this to her. Not even her own mother. Ever since her childhood, she only had to obey whatever her mother said. Be it quitting her studies or starting to work at a very young age - all the decisions had been just imposed upon her by her mother. Never did anyone ask what she really wanted or if she was comfortable with whatever she’s asked to do. She just….did it. Of course the situations were different and she has no grudge against her mother. But the mere chance of hearing that the choice is her own and that his pride, respect for her wouldn’t budge the slightest from the person she has given her heart to, is one of most ecstatic feelings that made her feel as though she had found a missing part of her heart - a missing puzzle

Kissing his chest, she whispered, “I Love you….more than you will ever know!” 

~~~

“Sona”

“Mmm” 

“Wake up love. It’s 6:20. You have been snoozing your alarm for the past 20 minutes”

“Hmmm”, Sonakshi mumbled as she snuggled into the warmth of her husband, pulling the duvet cozilly on top of her.

“And I have to go to the hospital too”, said rohit as he threaded her hair with his fingers

“mm….Then gooo…”

“Right And how exactly do you expect me to move if you're practically sleeping on top of me?”, asked Rohit rhetorically.

“Five more... minutes”, her voice was muffled as her face was pressed against his chest

He rolled his eyes, “You have been saying that for the past 15 minutes”

“Fine...mmm...2 more minutes”, she wrapped her arms tightly around him as one of her legs went over his body. 

Shaking his head and mentally laughing at his wife’s childishness, he grabbed his phone and started checking his emails. Once done, Rohit spoke, “Alright, you two minutes are over.”

Silence…

“Sona?” 

Silence again….

Smirking mischievously, he suddenly flipped over her, locking her under him, as sonakshi gasped loudly. She looked at him into his eyes and was alerted instantly. She knew that look. And it meant danger. 

“Alright let’s start off the morning with something sweet”, rohit nuzzled her ears with his stubble. 

Rohit’s gaze went down to at her luscious, ravishing plump lips and he started drawing his mouth closer to hers. Sleep was long forgotten, as sonakshi’s eyes turned into huge balls that would put an Ostrich’s egg to shame. With one loud squeak, she pushed him aside and ran to the washroom. 

Rohit plopped on his back on the bed as his chest rumbled with laughter.  as his laughter subsided, he realized the magnitude of this woman's existence in his life and how significantly his life changed ever since she came into this house. Was he not living before she came? of course He was. but he was living in a black and white world with his everyday surgeries, meetings, press conferences, and a few family get together here and there. But this woman just came in and painted his life with all the colorful hues in the scheme, adding a touch of love, smiles, laughter, sunshine and warmth  in his otherwise black and white world. She was the missing puzzle from his life 

Rohit Sippy smiled contently looking at the ceiling,  'Mornings never felt so bright and vibrant!'

Edited by Mushfika_01 - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Deepa1982 thumbnail

So so beautiful wish it could have been in the serial as well.

Sree_mk thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Beautiful OS. I am waiting for Sona education track to come in KHKT.

freakybat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Beautiful.... miss you ronakshi 

Shanjh thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Keeping aside the romance, it was a very realistic one. The way you portrayed the Rohit character, I just fell in love with him all over again. It was so beautifully written. â¤ď¸

Keep writing, love đŸ¤—

PS - What's your obsession with berry vanilla fragrance of hair? Last OS main bhi mention kya tha, isme bhii. Though the combination of Berry and Vanilla sounds ah-mazing. Just a lil observation. đŸ¤—

2TheMoonAndBack thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Just when I thought ypur writing couldn't get any better, you came back with another story where you just outdid yourself👏

What a masterpiece this was. I have been waiting for this track for so long, I hope the cvs didn't forget about it. This was sooooooooo goooooddddd. I loved how u linked the presentation to sonakshi's speech at the launch party at the Sippy hospital. And awww she kept coming back to sit on his lap☺️

She can't sleep until rohit comes to bed was sooo cute. And the morning scene was cherry on top. Sonakshi was sleeping on top of rohit đŸ¤Ł

Uth jaw Sona, or it won't be a good nice scenerio or you holding your ear outside the classroom đŸ˜†

She really did paint his world with colours. Love it as always! Keep writing. Love you 

Anokhi01 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

oh my goodness, what a pure bliss that was!!! 

Rohit is such a great husband. the way he was helping his sona was so cute to read. and that morning scene was adorableeeee i was going all â˜şď¸

We are badly in need of such cute ronakshi scenes. your imaginations are always so on point and you pen it down every emotions so beautifully! 

keep writing.🤗

JuniorAssistant thumbnail
Engager 1 Thumbnail

What a wonderful piece of work my dear, i couldn't stop smiling as i read the story. you are very talented and the way you write is commendable. looking forward to read more from you đŸ˜Š

Engager 1 Thumbnail

Have you written any other story?

Engager 1 Thumbnail

I just got to know about the spoilers and i'm heartbroken. I think i will come back to this thread to reread your story for the next couple of days to keep my mind at peace.