Sangita Ghosh to bid adieu to 'Divya Drishti'

fivestar2 thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Sangita Ghosh, who plays the antagonist, Pishachini, in 'Divya Drishti', will bid adieu to the show next month. The actress has decided to opt out due to creativity issues. She says, “There is nothing much left to explore as far as my character is concerned. I realised that I can’t keep dragging on without any clarity. 'Divya Drishti' was supposed to be a finite show with 52 episodes, and was scheduled to wrap up in July last year, but it got an extension. The makers tried to explore my character further, but I was not keen on continuing.”

Meanwhile, Sangita denies being aware of any replacement. She shares, “My character’s track will have a proper ending, so it is not clear if they will replace me with another antagonist. In any case, clarity about the character always works for the actor but unfortunately, that is not the case in television.”

Source 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tv/news/hindi/sangita-ghosh-to-bid-adieu-to-divya-drishti/articleshow/73433287.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SathyaT thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Sad but her point of view is very well true,, her character is explored more so instead of spoiling it, it's good to end on a good way...

shonagudia thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

It's sad to see her leaving but her character should come to a proper end. The makers didn't do complete justice with her potential lately. So it's better to leave before they ruined her character completely . 

Just like Mohana( from Nazara) , pishachini was one of the best antagonist in the ITV. I have enjoyed her more than the leads of the show . 

Wish her all the success and hope to see soon