silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

I stopped watching PB almost a week ago.  I would NEVER miss an episode of this show.  It was the ONE show on ITV that was so well written, and it really resonated with me and its audience.

The chemistry of the entire cast was amazing and each actor complimented one another.  Each actor took their respective roles seriously to the point where AD completely absorbed the role of HS..it was so refreshing to see a character like HS..the modern day feminist.  Yes he had his flaws, but his common sense, fairness, hotness, sweetness and overall charm and charisma won us all over.

Minnie was seen as  a representation of todays youth ..fresh, bold, outspoken but sweet and heartwarming.  Yes she too had her flaws, but that made her human.

Babita was like a new born ...stepping out into this  world where she was a single mother and divorcee.  We saw her take these baby steps and really try to come out of her shell.

Then...its like someone cursed the show.  A black cloud came over it....everything we saw was undone, our feelings and emotions were toyed with, and our devotion to the show and its characters was thrown in our face...A mockery was made of us all.

So my heart aches at what this show was ..and could have been.

Feels like losing someone you care about or are fond of......

Farewell Patiala Babes....it was good to see you at your best, but I cant be there for your worst...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

I stopped watching PB almost a week ago.  I would NEVER miss an episode of this show.  It was the ONE show on ITV that was so well written, and it really resonated with me and its audience.

The chemistry of the entire cast was amazing and each actor complimented one another.  Each actor took their respective roles seriously to the point where AD completely absorbed the role of HS..it was so refreshing to see a character like HS..the modern day feminist.  Yes he had his flaws, but his common sense, fairness, hotness, sweetness and overall charm and charisma won us all over.

Minnie was seen as  a representation of todays youth ..fresh, bold, outspoken but sweet and heartwarming.  Yes she too had her flaws, but that made her human.

Babita was like a new born ...stepping out into this  world where she was a single mother and divorcee.  We saw her take these baby steps and really try to come out of her shell.

Then...its like someone cursed the show.  A black cloud came over it....everything we saw was undone, our feelings and emotions were toyed with, and our devotion to the show and its characters was thrown in our face...A mockery was made of us all.

Farewell Patiala Babes....it was good to see you at your best, but I cant be there for your worst...

Ditto to everything. I stopped watching a week ago. Entire cast made it what it was. Story and it’s presentation was hero for me. They promised a chance at happiness 2nd time and I thought family would come together at that. I am a daughter and I have a daughter, I feel personally let down by what has become of Mom-Daughter.  🥺

@bold - exactly that. I ain’t gonna be there at your worst. The best of PB was like the top of the mountain in ITV and then it’s a nosedive, directly hits the bottom. Oh well.. thanks PB for giving some of the good times experience of watching an ITV show which I hardly do. 

Reshmi.parekh78 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

Absolutely agree...seriously what a lovely serial what a lovely bond bet mother daughter all ruined ...I did not see today’s episode but when I switched on the tv the scene where Mini was in the car and Babita was watching her go was being shown and I felt so bad for both of them...as in for mini and Babita ....specifically for Babita as she was made the vamp here ...and evn now Babita was shown so cruel ...just for a sec I tried to imagine what a mother could feel in this situation in these circumstances and my thought was ...a story where a divorce happens ...a lady is heart broken...then the daughter supports her ...both love each other selflessly and can do anything for the other’s happiness...together they live their life...fight the world...do everything ... no matter what happens their bond is one to cherish ...everyone knows that ...none is above the other..there is no competition.. as there never is bet mother daughter...one is happy whn when the other is happy and sad when the other is sad...one’s life revolves around the other’s...so many lovely moments were shown ...suddenly they just changed it all in such a bad way...why is a question no one can answer ...why will someone spoil such a lovely story ...why will such a lovely bond break...Babita is so cruel that she does not show her feelings while her only daughter who means the world to her is leaving ...seriously why did they show it this way ..rather why they make such serials ..we start watching and get involved then they spoil it as if they have a license to do that ...they might start season 2 ...it might work aswell but what they did here is madness ....I do not appreciate that at all 

Ranjali thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

The USP of this show was the mother daughter bond. And they ruined it. 😭

Bone thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

From today onwards i won't see Season 2 Patiala Babes.

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ranjali

The USP of this show was the mother daughter bond. And they ruined it. 😭

Completely agree with you.. 😭😭😭