mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Just watched Bala and while the movie didn't make much of an impact for me, Yami Gautam is such a revelation! She has nailed the part of a vain, over-the-top, ditzy girl with such aplomb. It is an endearing performance, for sure! I have never seen her flesh out her character with such relish. One of the underrated actresses, for sure!

I hope she gets good characters/roles after this movie. She is so much better than some A-list actresses like Shraddha, Sonam and Katrina, and looks gorgeous too! I find both her and Ileana very underrated. They deserve to make it big.

Please comment/share your views.

Edited by mintyblue - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Just a reminder: Both Yami and Ileana won for best debut actress in 2012. But have disappointed ever since, it is only now that Yami has performed to her full potential in Bala.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jngoSkYBVOY

Edited by mintyblue - 4 years ago
Lulzbolly thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Yami is really good. She does mostly small roles, but leaves an impact. Hopefully, she gets big roles.

bowdow55 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
There is something special in her. Evenin small roles she always leaves an impact maybe I am saying this because I am her blind fan
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Critique Crusaders

Yami is never going to happen and everyone needs to accept it. Every few months there’s a post about her and how great she is. It’s not going to happen. No star quality, personality or xfactor. Also no one is talking about her or her performance 

DushtKanya thumbnail

Originally posted by: bowdow55

There is something special in her. Evenin small roles she always leaves an impact maybe I am saying this because I am her blind fan

I feel she's a good actress but short of the levels of Kalki, Konkona to be considered great without the mainstream 'x-factor'.