I don’t get it...

Rainz thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

If Sid is so afraid of love, then why was he asking Ishani just two days ago if she was in love with him? It’s clear he went through a traumatic event in the past and has sworn off love. It also seems that he perceived that whatever was between Ishani and him was harmless flirting until now. So why ask her if she loves him? And why did he look so disappointed when she said she doesn’t? It makes no sense. Usually people who are afraid to fall in love again don’t walk around asking people if they’re in love with them. 

I’m not a fan of Anjali and Vardhan’s pairing, but at least their relationship makes more sense. Anjali is hungry for affection, and Vardhan wants revenge on Shashank. It has progressed naturally, culminating in Vardhan taking advantage of Anjali’s vulnerability last night and Anjali drowning her grief in him. 

But SidIsha is making no sense to me right now. Which is sad, because I love this couple. But the writers have done a complete 180 on their story with no transition between Sid seeking Ishani’s love, and now all of a sudden pushing her love away. 

If someone has a different take on this, I would love to hear it. Maybe it will help me understand what the writers were thinking here. 😔

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ayesha066 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

As far as Sid is converned I feel he was more like teasing Ishani that she has fallen for him or whether she is in love with him until now.. Until he realised he has also fallen for Ishani.. But this sudden back story of Sid is really annoying mw.. I mean if he is so traumatised of marriages then why take the whole task of organising a marriage.. 

Whwn they were doing a fast track love story I had guessed they might have a love triangle or will create some drama to separate them.. But suddenly Sid has a past? I'm just not buying that..

But I'm with you.. I'm very disappointed with how the writers are taking this story.. I don't know what they are trying to do..

RosyRosh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I agree it’s just bad writing and disjointed story. 

ananya269 thumbnail

The CVs just needed a new track. I agree Sid having a bitter past makes no sense with what we have seen in till now. I guess they wanted to increase the TRP of the show.

ms.nitya12 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Once the genre, plot,treatment, tone alters, progression looses consistent continuity plus accelerated random supplementary annex which in an attempt of convoluting the story confuses the viewer's coherence further, past few episodes seem more per week tracks to check favourable TRP pulse & focus on the preferred 😆Most of the characters have developed sudden tributary response & reactions ,except as you've rightly mentioned Anjali and Vardhan,their pace is natural & intrinsic with plot progression , even Shashank and Juhi, the past & it's long shadows of  dark complexities had obvious hedged intense fluctuations at boundary, present stance has forthwith stretch, during JJ wedding Dr Shashank was showering flowers at Juhi post confession 😆the writing looks nervous uncertain with disband to earlier within references, be how the show started or the predecessors- S1 or DMG - they were,for most part true to their particular genre, S1 was iconic benchmark a first of its kind to DMG that was youth centric rom-com. 

BeeSpee thumbnail

I just feel when you've had such a horrible past..and if you're having a good time with someone in present you tend to go with the flow. Until the mehndi function ended sid didn't realise the seriousness of his bond with ishani and also the fact that she loves him. It was always very non serious from his side and he also kept on repeating in the past that he cant fall in love with ishani even though so many people teased him.

And regarding arranging the wedding, he is shown to be a doctor whose patients come first. While arranging it he might not have thought of the impact the wedding is going to have on him. 

It was all a build up of him realizing that they love each other and this cant happen.

After a horrible past, he had ishani who he really cared for starting from the posters track where he went crazy trying to explain himself to her and then taking care of her and saving her life. In all this he kept denying it cant be love at the same time being the flirtatious person he is he was having a good time with her. He is shown to be a person who has battled his past..but then the love realization gave him a reality check. It's a very natural thing to happen for someone who had a horrible past and finally found love in present which he feels he cant persue.

BeeSpee thumbnail

Even though even I feel the story was very rushed and I'm a big fan of slowly falling in love..I do feel that it was kinda natural with Ishani and Sid considering their pasts.

For ishani, nobody had done anything for her like what sid did. And also the personality he has, I would fall for him on day 1 hahahah. If only men like Sid existed :p

And for Sid, he is such a well written character I think. So different from the cliche rude chauvinist leads. For him, he just fell in love because he cared for ishani. He didn't even realise. It's like he wanted to protect her and keep her happy all the time 

Edited by BeeSpee - 4 years ago
Rainz thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeeSpee

I just feel when you've had such a horrible past..and if you're having a good time with someone in present you tend to go with the flow. Until the mehndi function ended sid didn't realise the seriousness of his bond with ishani and also the fact that she loves him. It was always very non serious from his side and he also kept on repeating in the past that he cant fall in love with ishani even though so many people teased him.

And regarding arranging the wedding, he is shown to be a doctor whose patients come first. While arranging it he might not have thought of the impact the wedding is going to have on him. 

It was all a build up of him realizing that they love each other and this cant happen.

After a horrible past, he had ishani who he really cared for starting from the posters track where he went crazy trying to explain himself to her and then taking care of her and saving her life. In all this he kept denying it cant be love at the same time being the flirtatious person he is he was having a good time with her. He is shown to be a person who has battled his past..but then the love realization gave him a reality check. It's a very natural thing to happen for someone who had a horrible past and finally found love in present which he feels he cant persue.

I completely agree with what you said about Sid enjoying his bond with Ishani and enjoying the flow. I could have even accepted this tragic backstory of his coming up and the revelation of his aversion to love, if he hadn’t been questioning Ishani just the day before as to whether she loved him. If Sid has committed to never being in love with someone again, why would he even ask Ishani if she loved him, and then look disappointed when she said no? That’s where I think the writers lost consistency and credibility, in my opinion. Still, I’m willing to give this show a chance. Like you said, Ishani and Sid are both characters with a lot of potential (and I probably would have fallen in love with Sid quickly too lol!)