Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: --Pro.vo.King--

Perhaps because the thread is about it ? .. The discussion is about the topic in hand .. 

"Desire" was in context of this thread/topic of discussion .. You took it to mean something else entirely .. You separated it from the context of discussion .. You made it mutually exclusive .. And now your irrational expectation is for others to follow exactly what you think you saw / what you think the discussion is about .. ðŸ˜†

I don't care what this thread is about, you can cry about Hindi imposing morons, someone can cry about  South Indian snobs.

My point of discussion with RTH is simple, tools are as important as desire. Just desire isn't enough.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

TL/DR - If there is desire to communicate the tools to communicate will follow. If there is no desire to communicate people don't even use the available tools. 

Desire to communicate is of utmost importance. A parent learns to differentiate children's cries because they want to understand and care for their child. Marco Polo and Ibn Batuta had those journies and communicated because they had a desire to communicate. Trade along the silk road and communication between communities of disparate languages took place because they had the desire. Software companies are building translation tools because people have a desire to communicate. 

When people do not have the desire to communicate, forget tools, they will intentionally create rifts and barriers to specifically avoid communicating. 

I am fixated on language because there are some language-driven questions at the center of this discussion. These may not be explicit and not everyone cares about thee questions but it is there. Is one common language necessary for a nation? Is a common language necessary for communication? Will India be better off if we impose Hindi or English the official national language? 

Desire isn't utmost important, many times people communicate out of helplessness, force and even when they run out of options. Not everyone communicates because they want to or desire to.

As for your last questions, it's not necessary and I haven't been in favor of imposing anyways. Although if everyone learned a common language, it will save up a lot of time and effort, resulting in quick flow of knowledge and information, making decision-making faster but that is a advance stage and practically not possible..

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

RegressiveThug nahi FighterThug naam hona chaiye tha.. aankhri saans Tak ldega.😆

FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zeal17

RegressiveThug nahi FighterThug naam hona chaiye tha.. aankhri saans Tak ldega.😆

Thug hai to ladega to hai hi. Upar se regressive.

Zeal17 thumbnail

Originally posted by: FreeTheNipple

Thug hai to ladega to hai hi. Upar se regressive.

Baat to sahi hai..😆

Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

I don't care what this thread is about, you can cry about Hindi imposing morons, someone can cry about  South Indian snobs.

My point of discussion with RTH is simple, tools are as important as desire. Just desire isn't enough.

Best thing I read on the thread! .... ðŸ˜†

Zeal17 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pain-in-ur-Neck

Image result for ramayan arrow fight

--Pro.vo.King-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

There you have it... Your problem in a nutshell. 

You would have understood the posts so much better had you read it in the context of this thread .. 

I thought you excused yourself from this thread bcoz *cough* billi bangalan *cough* asked you to *cough* .. ðŸ˜†

Now i see you have regressed to cheer leading squad .. Hota hain , hota hain .. But you could have just admitted to real reason for excusing yourself and saved yourself from the embarrassment of returning as a cheerleader .. ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by: Pain-in-ur-Neck

Welcome to the cheer leading squad along with zeal .. ðŸ˜†