Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RainFire125 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: stormborn

That's heart-wrenching. Reminded me of the book Sophie's choice. I will definitely read dear. Thanks for the mention. Keep writing amazing pieces. Happy Mahanabami. You are a bong right ? Hope you are enjoying puja to its core. ❤️

Sophie's choice is an awesome book!! I loved it :) .. happy Navami to you both!!

RainFire125 thumbnail

And do read Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder, this is also one amazing book.

Viswasruti thumbnail

That's heart-wrenching. Reminded me of the book Sophie's choice. I will definitely read dear. Thanks for the mention. Keep writing amazing pieces. Happy Mahanabami. You are a bong right ? Hope you are enjoying puja to its core. ❤️

Sophie's Choice is a great novel, Styron has undoubtedly opened up a whole new area of historical awareness with an imagined experience!! The most popular and highly acclaimed stories/ novels are always based on some sudden emotional outbursts! 

Thanks, stormborn for good wishes with encouraging words.🤗Happy Maha Navami dear friend. May Maa Durga bless you abundantly and support you in all your future ventures.🤗. Yes, roaming in Puja Pandals with family. 😃

Related image

Edited by Viswasruti - 4 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: RainFire125

Sophie's choice is an awesome book!! I loved it :) .. happy Navami to you both!!

Agree with your opinion Gayatri. Thanks for the festive greetings.🤗Happy Maha Navami to you and to all the family members my dear friend.❤️ 

Related image

Viswasruti thumbnail

And do read Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder, this is also one amazing book.

Gayatri , this book is highly imaginative with an intellectual tinge along with philosophical topics such as Existentialism, and Socrates' famous Theories and even there was a computer game on the same name.  When reading this novel, it's effect won't leave you so easily, you'll tend to slip in to deep thinking while reading those pages. Thanks for reminding me about those books which I read when I was doing my postgraduation, in my summer vacation I picked up this book and was silent for nearly a week, reading a few pages and slipping into thinking, that was my routine in those days!  😊  

RainFire125 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Gayatri , this book is highly imaginative with an intellectual tinge along with philosophical topics such as Existentialism, and Socrates' famous Theories and even there was a computer game on the same name.  When reading this novel, it's effect won't leave you so easily, you'll tend to slip in to deep thinking while reading those pages. Thanks for reminding me about those books which I read when I was doing my postgraduation, in my summer vacation I picked up this book and was silent for nearly a week, reading a few pages and slipping into thinking, that was my routine in those days!  😊  

I agree totally M. This book and few others made me realize the difference between talking and conversing and also life in totality. I love such books as it makes me and like minded people like me look for a finer meaning in life. Life is such a precious thing and we waste time in fighting over petty things!! As we agree at many junctions, its all in the mind and the MIND is one powerful box my friend. One should know to use it to the greatest advantage. I pick this book whenever i find that meaningful conversations are fading slowly from this world.

Viswasruti thumbnail

I agree totally M. This book and few others made me realize the difference between talking and conversing and also life in totality. I love such books as it makes me and like minded people like me look for a finer meaning in life. Life is such a precious thing and we waste time in fighting over petty things!! As we agree at many junctions, its all in the mind and the MIND is one powerful box my friend. One should know to use it to the greatest advantage. I pick this book whenever i find that meaningful conversations are fading slowly from this world.

Very true Gayatri. A reader lives a thousand lives before he finishes a book . Reading is essential for those who seek the real meaning of life. 

Books are uniquely portable magic.” – Stephen King . How true it is! In a way, reading is a conversation Gayatri, all books talk, but a good book listens as well ..... whan we stop reading in between while thinking about the lines we read and thoughts expressed by the writer there, then the book will talk with us with an open expression!! 

RainFire125 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Very true Gayatri. A reader lives a thousand lives before he finishes a book . Reading is essential for those who seek the real meaning of life. 

Books are uniquely portable magic.” – Stephen King . How true it is! In a way, reading is a conversation Gayatri, all books talk, but a good book listens as well ..... whan we stop reading in between while thinking about the lines we read and thoughts expressed by the writer there, then the book will talk with us with an open expression!! 

very true M, very true indeed. No wonder Books are our best friends many a times!!! They never judge :)

stormborn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Amidst all that it has done, I must admit how grateful I am to this show for it gave me such soulful like-minded friends who are bibliophiles like me and with whom I can have such heartful conversations. Agreed to everything you two very beautifully described about books. I am currently reading the last essays of Elia by Charles lamb. I can't say I can understand it completely but thoroughly enjoying every last bit.

Edited by stormborn - 4 years ago
RainFire125 thumbnail

Amidst all that it has done, I must admit how grateful I am to this show for it gave me such soulful like-minded friends who are bibliophiles like me and with whom I can have such heartful conversations. Agreed to everything you two very beautifully described about books. I am currently reading the last essays of Elia by Charles lamb. I can't say I can understand it completely but thoroughly enjoying every last bit.

I wholeheartedly agree my friend. Atleast this show has given us very good music, some great moments and awesome friends whom we can cherish lifelong even after the show ends!! Kudos to us!!