Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MG_Inactive thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: inlieu

Yes it was the first time he asked her for a hug. 

I also felt it was all about inviting her back into her home, which was in his heart, where she belonged. Hence that dialogue about jigar ka tukda, 'cause that's really where she resides, where her rightful place is. As a daughter I totally get this scene, because there's no place safer than your father's embrace. 

And yes, the haq thing too. The wide open arms could have looked melodramatic but they had just the right balance here. I love that she couldn't resist because her natural urge had always been to hug him. 

Whereas he has in the past usually hugged her to console her, she on the other hand had hugged him when she was happy, excited, upset, or apologetic. The most beautiful thing is that he had grown used to her hugging him, and as he had mentioned to her the day of the proposal, he looked forward to her hugs when return home after a long day at work. It became an integral part of his routine. 

They say that nothing can match the feeling of hugging your children, and I think it is a feeling he discovered with Minnie. Since the wedding that physical distance was even more evident and clearly he had missed that contact, whether or not he had realized it. The spat during the CD fiasco had been about haq in a way, and this request for a hug was also his way of showing his haq on her and showing her what haq she had on him. And of course, I always keep saying that HS has missed 17 years of her life so he couldn't see her growing up. If she were a little kid, she would have gone running into his arms and he would have picked her up. This scene was the closest to something like that considering Minnie is an adult. Just like the three of them sleeping on the balcony was the closest we'd get to Minnie sleeping between her parents at this age. 

I just loved that he continued to keep the contact between them in this episode, sometimes putting his hand on her shoulder, her head, arm around her, and of course those tight hugs. Emotions are wonderful but sometimes they need to be expressed with tangible actions like these. It was a way for him to reassure her and himself that they both were back with each other and that's where they belonged. Sure, there were lots of things to address still but the first step had been taken, for him to show her that not only was she wanted in his life, but also in his heart as his very heartbeat. 

Really loved you have put it across!! 

@bold yes I absolutely agree and am glad Mini has HS now to experience this, its one thing to not have a father but completely another to have him but not around you, completely aloof from you, that was Ashok to her but that has definitely changed with HS...she can be goofy around him, cry with him or for him, laugh with him and even sometimes at his expense but still be his little girl in his embrace, the hugs last day had so much story to tell!!

MG_Inactive thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Beautifully put! I couldn't agree more! You've said it all! 

I was thinking about the same thing.....Mini has been the most spontaneous in hugging him to express every emotion....joy, sadness, hurt, excitement....she poured it all out in the way she'd either lean into him, wrap herself around him or just cuddle into him any which way she can....he's been like this big teddy bear to her.....Mini is a very physically affectionate person in general....she rains hugs and kisses on every person in her life from her Babes to her grandparents to her friends. 

But with HS, it's been special because of the way he got used to it over time as you said....they grew into all these shades of hugs with each new phase they navigated....we were talking about this yesterday also na....the organic evolution of these hugs that showed the deepening of their equation with time....until now we reach a point where he himself asks for a hug. 

It was the perfect closure to the CD incident breakdown as you said....cuz haq was fractured that day, it floundered briefly....but with this hug, that haq came back

Aww I still hope he just picks her up some day in a hug....lift her off her feet as she goes running into his arms.....they can recreate her childhood in their own way. 

I would love to see that...like him picking her up the flight of stairs post the operation...it didn't feel awkward at all so the hug would be as natural 

Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Can someone help me out with the episode where HS fights with Principal for Mini? (If such a scene exists)

She joins college in 122.

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

She may eventually just accept him in her life indirectly as Dadu Beeji's son and as her biological father, nothing more. However, if Meeta and her kid come back into the picture I wonder how she would feel? She has a lot of affinity to Meeta and I think she would immediately fall in love with her sibling because they both have the same jerk of a father, and because she in her own way really likes Meeta. 

Once she learns to accept her past and move on from it, she won't feel hurt about Ashok anymore. There's a long way to go because her introspection has yet to begin.  

yes by accepting ashok i meant exactly this. he is daadu beejis son & to be half siblings father & technically her own biological father. Right now mini is not even on talking terms with Ashok. So i would like to know would she want to be cordial with him now or still be distant. what if ashok comes back a better person, will she be cordial to him like she was with meeta. Mini has forgiven Mita though inspite that she was the one whom ashok left them for

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AreYaar

It's like a case of "Keechad mein Kamal khilte hain".....he found all of them in a backdrop of violence/abuse....but something beautiful grew out of all these connections despite the darkness they all came with.

I would definitely like to see more exploring of his emotions for Mini to quantify all these theories we have.....lol....yes he's said, "tu first hai"....and now he's said "Jigar ka tukda" too....but I really want to see the depth of that love navigated in more detail.....and not as a shadow of Imarti or Babita....I want to see his love for Mini navigated on its own level. 

x1000000000000000000

Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Nadiya se dariya 

Dariya se sagar

Sagar se gehra hai yeh pyaar 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: naq5

yes by accepting ashok i meant exactly this. he is daadu beejis son & to be half siblings father & technically her own biological father. Right now mini is not even on talking terms with Ashok. So i would like to know would she want to be cordial with him now or still be distant. what if ashok comes back a better person, will she be cordial to him like she was with meeta. Mini has forgiven Mita though inspite that she was the one whom ashok left them for

The only reason she did that was because Meeta was never abusive towards her and Babita and infact showed regret and guilt for the situation.

Meeta herself was a victim of Ashok, that is why Mini ultimately felt sympathy for her and then they connected on shared interests as well. 

Ashok was never a victim, infact he went about abusing any and every person in his path. By the end, Mini and Babita mainly felt pity for Meeta. 

Ashok fell to such lows of depravity that any "better" version he comes back with now also cannot be trusted. If the writers try to whitewash Ashok after everything, it would be ridiculous. 

His apology to Babita before he left was also a selfish one....he only did it because Beeji asked him to. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meghna_IshRa

@bold ha ha I know but I am definitely not one of them!!!Love between a husband and wife,two young individuals who get married in pretty normal circumstances however deep that might be is still pretty normal according to me (leaving out the ultimate tragedy of course), but what these two share is not something so common or obvious and it is much more special, anyways its just my opinion, don't want to offend any HS-Imarti fans ðŸ˜† 

@bold: Same....that is the draw for me as well....what HS-Mini share is not a common equation, that is why it's special to me.

Love between a husband-wife waale toh bahut relationships dekhe hain....some done better than others.....HS-Imarti ka love is commendable as a backdrop for the story....but in the here and now, HS-Mini share their own equation....I don't want it to be an extension of anyone else ki iski beti hoti, uski beti hoti.....I want her to be HS ki beti on her own😊....and beti na bhi ho, jo bhi ho, HS ki ho...khud se. 

Man-woman relationship ke other shades are anyways being explored through HS-Babita, HS-Imarti.....I want HS-Mini to have their own journey. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Really loved you have put it across!! 

@bold yes I absolutely agree and am glad Mini has HS now to experience this, its one thing to not have a father but completely another to have him but not around you, completely aloof from you, that was Ashok to her but that has definitely changed with HS...she can be goofy around him, cry with him or for him, laugh with him and even sometimes at his expense but still be his little girl in his embrace, the hugs last day had so much story to tell!!

Word....I LOVE that their equation includes her being able to laugh at his expense....it again gives that sense of equals between them rather than a typical father-daughter....he can be her peer laughing with her one second and the next second, the older father figure she looks up to and expects to secure her in his warmth.....he's given her so many things that were missing in her life....and she's done the same for him.

AreYaar thumbnail

I would love to see that...like him picking her up the flight of stairs post the operation...it didn't feel awkward at all so the hug would be as natural 

Oh that's one of my fav. bits.....he did it so naturally...ekdum smoothly he swept her up and she was like his little girl in his arms.....I love that scene for the expressions on Mini's face as she's watching him.....that angst between them as he stoically carries her up the stairs.

They have such a chemistry together, that lift wala hug would be adorable on them

Ok, I need to stop raising my expectations too much now😆....back to reality.....abhi toh drama hi hona hai filhaal😆