Understanding Rohit’s Dynamic with Raima and Sona

Raingoddess thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hey guys! Thank you so much for the awesome respond to my last post! I even saw it on Twitter 😆 A few more thoughts crossed my mind as I watched the latest episode. This is a bit rushed/jumbled but please let me know what you think. 

A. The few times we saw Rohit at his worst was due to Raima. 

1. Pune- Rohit Sippy who is confident and proud, was literally on the floor knocking on the door and was begging to get inside. Not to mention he got drunk and was sobbing on the streets. Rohit seems like someone who would rather pour his heart out to his mother or Ajit instead of getting drunk. 
  2. Church- Again, he was begging and pleading and lashing out at those around him. Almost as if he is in a haze and is unable to function. He knew that he was wrong but he couldn’t stop. 
  3. Phone Company- Getting violent and aggressive with a man doing his job. 

I feel like somewhere Rohit has taken on some of Raima’s characteristics to keep her alive and active in his world. He is stubborn to begin with but his childishness at times reminds me of Raima’s (at a much smaller scale).

There are times when he comes off as really understanding and mature which is interesting. He has the ability to heal (outside of his profession) and be there for those he care about. But not when it comes to Raima. 

I honestly feel like once the Raima chapter closes, we will see a more balanced Rohit who does childlike antics to annoy Sona but is mature and strong when Sona needs him to be. Since he isn’t the typical angry young man, the writers can definitely show us how wonderful and real a guilt-free and Raima-free Rohit Sippy can be.

B. Now in contrast, here is how he reacts to situations involving Sona:

1. Police Station- Gets angry but not aggressive (the amount of emotion was natural) and stays calm enough to go and get permission from the minister. He is determined to be there for Sona but has enough faith in her to not step over her toes.
  2. After Ice Truck- Sona was going to die without heat. He didn’t scream nor did he lose his mind (again very natural and I was so impressed that for once a ML wasn’t a crying mess seeing the FL in danger). He decided to share body heat and also simply fell asleep beside her. His rational mind was able to function despite all the emotions overwhelming him. 
  3. Karan-Sumit Situation- Rohit did fight Karan but he stopped when Sona asked him to. He was relatively calm/in control that night and even during the Sumit situation, he didn’t go overboard despite the fact that it had to do with Pooja. 

This doesn’t mean he loves Raima and doesn’t care for Sona. On the contrary, it shows how healthy his relationship with Sona is. He truly loves and cares for her (and not just in a romantic way). But it doesn’t cloud his judgement nor does it cause him to harm himself. 

Rohit has had outbursts around Sona but he  was able to realize his mistake and apologize. They have a very balanced relationship where they draw comfort from one another but are also able to provide the same. Up until the visarjan, it was very balanced in the sense that both Rohit and Sona were there for each other when the other breaks down. 

Now with the church scene, it does seem like Sona is there more than Rohit is but I feel like there will be a time when Rohit becomes her biggest support system once again in the future. But for that, he needs to rid himself of his attachment to Raima and her childishness. 

I also know Rohit got violent during the fashion show night and he was absolutely wrong. But how I saw that was, he didn’t know Sona and for him this was the woman who caused his sister to be undressed in public. That makes her a predator or someone who views his sister in a filthy way. I would have reacted the exact same way. If someone caused my sister’s dress to come off in public, I would not let them physically touch her, male or female. Of course, he has to apologize now that he knows what happened but that was one outburst where I could see where his thought process came from (doesn’t make it right). His other outbursts didn’t have any rational thinking behind them.

I feel like Sona and Rohit share a relationship that is very real and intense without ever crossing the line and entering the world of junoon/pagalpan. A lot of ITV love stories are portrayed as volatile and aggressive. It’s the kind of love the doesn’t allow you to think and becomes some sort of madness. You lose yourself. It’s the kind of love that is unhealthy. Rohit and Sona do not share that kind of mad childish love. They communicate, share insecurities and are able to think rationally around each other. That makes them strong and healthy! They both remain unique individuals in their relationship.

As much as the flashback was super loud and annoying, it helped me understand a bit more of the Rohit-Raima relationship and the lack of intensity between them. We know Rohit feels very strongly, he oozes intensity with Sona. I want to know what Rohit thinks of Raima once the guilt wears off, now that he is past the college romance age. Plus she is quite dominating and controlling. Rohit doesn’t even let his mom have the final say. I wonder how he will deal with Raima trying to take over his life!

At this point in his life, he is seeking a much different relationship. One that is thrilling but not irrational. Someone who will stand by him and what he values (family, career,etc...) while still holding her own ground and having a life of her own. Sonakshi is seeking something similar. It’s basically what most real couples are made of lol Now the rest is up to the writers 😆😆

Edited by Raingoddess - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

alvina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wow👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Ur words are like therapy

Bana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Raingoddess

Hey guys! Thank you so much for the awesome respond to my last post! I even saw it on Twitter 😆 A few more thoughts crossed my mind as I watched the latest episode. This is a bit rushed/jumbled but please let me know what you think. 

A. The few times we saw Rohit at his worst was due to Raima. 

1. Pune- Rohit Sippy who is confident and proud, was literally on the floor knocking on the door and was begging to get inside. Not to mention he got drunk and was sobbing on the streets. Rohit seems like someone who would rather pour his heart out to his mother or Ajit instead of getting drunk. 
  2. Church- Again, he was begging and pleading and lashing out at those around him. Almost as if he is in a haze and is unable to function. He knew that he was wrong but he couldn’t stop. 
  3. Phone Company- Getting violent and aggressive with a man doing his job. 

I feel like somewhere Rohit has taken on some of Raima’s characteristics to keep her alive and active in his world. He is stubborn to begin with but his childishness at times reminds me of Raima’s (at a much smaller scale).

There are times when he comes off as really understanding and mature which is interesting. He has the ability to heal (outside of his profession) and be there for those he care about. But not when it comes to Raima. 

I honestly feel like once the Raima chapter closes, we will see a more balanced Rohit who does childlike antics to annoy Sona but is mature and strong when Sona needs him to be. Since he isn’t the typical angry young man, the writers can definitely show us how wonderful and real a guilt-free and Raima-free Rohit Sippy can be.

B. Now in contrast, here is how he reacts to situations involving Sona:

1. Police Station- Gets angry but not aggressive (the amount of emotion was natural) and stays calm enough to go and get permission from the minister. He is determined to be there for Sona but has enough faith in her to not step over her toes.
  2. After Ice Truck- Sona was going to die without heat. He didn’t scream nor did he lose his mind (again very natural and I was so impressed that for once a ML wasn’t a crying mess seeing the FL in danger). He decided to share body heat and also simply fell asleep beside her. His rational mind was able to function despite all the emotions overwhelming him. 
  3. Karan-Sumit Situation- Rohit did fight Karan but he stopped when Sona asked him to. He was relatively calm/in control that night and even during the Sumit situation, he didn’t go overboard despite the fact that it had to do with Pooja. 

This doesn’t mean he loves Raima and doesn’t care for Sona. On the contrary, it shows how healthy his relationship with Sona is. He truly loved and cared for her (and not just in a romantic way). But it doesn’t cloud his judgement nor does it cause him to harm himself. 

Rohit has had outbursts around Sona but he  was able to realize his mistake and apologize. They have a very balanced relationship where they draw comfort from one another but are also able to provide the same. Up until the visarjan, it was very balanced in the sense that both Rohit and Sona were there for each other when the other breaks down. 

Now with the church scene, it does seem like Sona is there more than Rohit is but I feel like there will be a time when Rohit becomes her biggest support system once again in the future. But for that, he needs to rid himself of his attachment to Raima and her charactertics. 

I also know Rohit got violent during the fashion show night and he was absolutely wrong. But how I saw that was, he didn’t know Sona and for him this was the woman who caused his sister to be undressed in public. That makes her a predator or someone who views his sister in a filthy way. I would have reacted the exact same way. If someone caused my sister’s dress to come off in public, I would not let them physically touch her, male or female. Of course, he has to apologize now that he knows what happened but that was one outburst where I could see where his thought process came from (doesn’t make it right). His other outburst didn’t have any rational thinking behind them.

I feel like Sona and Rohit share a relationship that is very real and intense without ever crossing the line and entering the world of junoon/pagalpan. A lot of ITV love stories are portrayed as volatile and aggressive. It’s the kind of love the doesn’t allow you to think and becomes some sort of madness. You lose yourself. It’s the kind of love that is unhealthy. Rohit and Sona do not share that kind of mad childish love. They communicate, share insecurities and are able to think rationally around each other. That makes them strong and healthy! They both remain unique individuals in their relationship.

As much as the flashback was super loud and annoying, it helped me understand a bit more of the Rohit-Raima relationship and the lack of intensity between them. We know Rohit feels very strongly, he oozes intensity with Sona. I want to know what Rohit thinks of Raima once the guilt wears off, now that he is past the college romance age. 

At this point in his life, he is seeking a much different relationship. One that is thrilling but not irrational. Someone who will stand by him and what he values (family, career,etc...) while still holding her own ground and having a life of her own. Sonakshi is seeking something similar. It’s basically what most real couples are made of lol Now the rest is up to the writers 😆😆

Very good analysis. I also find that the rootna-manana relationships look cute on tv but are fatiguing & juvenile in real life. No one can keep up with it.

One issue though - @bold - Rohit Raima had both been past the college romance age for at least 6 years before she went into coma!! So as they both got into their late twenties why did their relationship not progress beyond this cute cute romance?

Raingoddess thumbnail

Originally posted by: alvina

Wow👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Ur words are like therapy

Thank you! I was holding off on posting because it seemed like a lot at once but then I thought why not 😆 I hope it makes sense! This show is driving me crazy both in a good and bad way 😆😆

Raingoddess thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bana

Very good analysis. I also find that the rootna-manana relationships look cute on tv but are fatiguing & juvenile in real life. No one can keep up with it.

One issue though - @bold - Rohit Raima had both been past the college romance age for at least 6 years before she went into coma!! So as they both got into their late twenties why did their relationship not progress beyond this cute cute romance?

True! I think it has to do with lack of maturity on Raima’s end. She was acting like a teen in the flashback. I know too many couples who act like they are in high school when in reality they are in their mid to late twenties  😆 it drives me crazy! But it’s usually because one person or both individuals lack maturity and drive in life. I guess for some college or high school romance is more of a thought  (not bound by age)... which is fine but you should progress and grow in life! Unfortunately, not everyone can do that. I have a feeling Rohit is going to be super irritated by Raima’s behavior. He may have encouraged that behavior at one point because he was blinded by love but I can’t seem him being okay with it now. There is a difference between childlike and childish. Raima is the latter. 

Edited by Raingoddess - 4 years ago
sosweetsumi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

sorry cant comments no offense but i just forward all rohit raima scenes as just cant connect to this love story.

alvina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raingoddess

True! I think it has to do with lack of maturity on Raima’s end. She was acting like a teen in the flashback. I know too many couples who act like they are in high school when in reality they are in their mid to late twenties  😆 it drives me crazy! But it’s usually because one person or both individuals lack maturity and drive in life. I guess for some college or high school romance is more of a thought  (not bound by age)... which is fine but you should progress and grow in life! Unfortunately, not everyone can do that. I have a feeling Rohit is going to be super irritated by Raima’s behavior. He may have encouraged that behavior at one point because he was blinded by love but I can’t seem him being okay with it now. There is a difference between childlike and childish. Raima is the latter. 

agree coz she is stuck at  the point 4 years back and Rohit has changed in those 4 years. So she will behave and act the same but instead of liking it he might just get irritated and say it on her face. These little changes will probably  make her realise Rohit isnt the same. 

Why do I feel sona is gonna b his biggest support system during this phase? He would spend some time with Raima but will run back to sona for his peace of mind. 

gina24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Wow such a detailed analysis 👍

Raima too will realise that how much dynamic between her and Rohit has changed.

Bana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: alvina

agree coz she is stuck at  the point 4 years back and Rohit has changed in those 4 years. So she will behave and act the same but instead of liking it he might just get irritated and say it on her face. These little changes will probably  make her realise Rohit isnt the same. 

Why do I feel sona is gonna b his biggest support system during this phase? He would spend some time with Raima but will run back to sona for his peace of mind. 

And why should Sona (like most ITV FLs actually) be the school cum therapy couch while the ML grows up or grows a brain?

Edited by Bana - 4 years ago
DiscoDhokla thumbnail

Great Post! I skip raima’s scenes- too loud for my taste