Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Z-Gen Zest

Posted: 4 years ago

I was hoping I'd end up pleasantly surprised by this short movie but it shows that even in short form it manages to encapsulate everything that's wrong with the Jurassic Park franchise. Like literally every JP movie they still managed to stick in some annoying kids and 90% of the runtime is just people being scared of dinosaurs, and bad writing just to create more convenient drama, like the kid starting crying just as they're out of trouble, and instead of covering his mouth they try to sing to him? What the fcuk? It also proves that letting the dinosaurs free in JW2 was one of the dumbest writing choices in film history because surprise surprise, they just go around killing things. This short film does nothing to justify that choice and is just further proof that all these movies are is a vessel to show dinosaurs fighting each other and terrorizing humans.

I've never hated a popular franchise as much as I do Jurassic Park. These films make so much fcuking money and there's fcuking NOTHING to them. Not just the new ones, even the original, all it brought to the table was "Whoaaa the CGI is so cool", and started ruining movies because everyone wants a slice of the CGI pie instead of just fcking making a movie. From the very beginning their only purpose has been to put the least work possible into the film's story and just lean heavily on "people will pay for it because people like dinosaurs." Especially kids apparently, considering how these movies always insist on having kids, because kids want a character they can see and go "That's me! I'm the kid!" And the worst part is, it fcking works. People will never stop blowing their money on this garbage because this fcking shit is what people like. They don't want a story that will make them think, they want a story that will make them alternate between "AHHHHHHH!" and "COOL!"