The meaning behind the names

Auroralights thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Kuhu and Mishti. Lovely names, both, but a few episodes into the show got me thinking that maybe the names weren't chosen just randomly. With every passing episode, I was increasingly convinced that the names actually denoted their actual personality traits. The makers of this show had through their very names cleverly juxtaposed two extreme personality types. 

What follows are not my views or opinion. It is what I learned in school and revised through a bit of googling.

Kuhu - Meaning -- the song of the Koyal (cuckoo bird) The Koyal has a sweet voice and is known to be a great mimic. It is said to be the harbinger of spring. One of the main characteristics of the cuckoo that sets it apart from other birds is that it does not make it's own nest. 

(From Wikipedia) The common cuckoo is an obligate brood parasite; it lays its eggs in the nests of other birds. At the appropriate moment, the hen cuckoo flies down to the host's nest, pushes one egg out of the nest, lays an egg and flies off. When a cuckoo chick hatches, it methodically evicts all host progeny from host nests. It is a much larger bird than its hosts, and needs to monopolize the food supplied by the parents. The chick will roll the other eggs out of the nest by pushing them with its back over the edge.

Mishti - Meaning -- sweet (sweet person)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ms.akabane thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

THAT KUHU PART WAS INTERESTING😳

Auroralights thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ms.akabane

THAT KUHU PART WAS INTERESTING😳

It sure is😉 It is very telling isn't it😆 It was the Janmashtami push that finally brought the truth home to me. Both girls will always live up to their names. Rajan Shahi has cleverly put forth a simple story of two girls, Kuhu and Mishti -- The grabber and the giver😆

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Interesting 👍🏼

What's the meaning of abir 🤔

Auroralights thumbnail

Originally posted by: vssdp

Interesting 👍🏼

What's the meaning of abir 🤔

(From pitarau.com) Literal meaning of Abir:

Abir means dye in India, which used during the Holi festival. In Bengali abeer means colour of sky during sun set and in Marathi sandhi prakassh, also called 'gulal' (natural color).
Abir means aroma, perfume in Arabic. 
In Hebrew, Abir means 'brave' man or 'knight'.

And before anyone else asks, Kunal means lotus. Not that the guys names matter, since on Itv, the stories are mostly about women😆

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: NorthNode

Abir means dye in India, which used during the Holi festival. In Bengali abeer means colour of sky during sun set and in Marathi sandhi prakassh, also called 'gulal' (natural color).

And before anyone else asks, Kunal means lotus. Not that the guys names matter, since on Itv, the stories are mostly about women😆

😂😂😂😂

Abir is atleast relatable 

Itsflora thumbnail

Hey Kunal makes sense to. 

From an illegitimate relation,rv house got a greta son(not the present version though. But in future, he will be a kunal?)

.like lotus from mud??   

Abir is all those obviously. I would love the Bengali meaning though.just like  The abir in dusky sky,our abir bring all calmness,serenity and soothing purity to one's soul. 

Itsflora thumbnail

Hey Kunal makes sense to. 

From an illegitimate relation,rv house got a greta son(not the present version though. But in future, he will be a kunal?)

.like lotus from mud??   

Abir is all those obviously. I would love the Bengali meaning though.just like  The abir in dusky sky,our abir bring all calmness,serenity and soothing purity to one's soul.