Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vintage_flow thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Ihopelove

Finally Laddu came. I am so excited. He came in right time. Oh poor asad you have walk through hell and beyond. Make sure asad suffers a lot from jealousy. Idiot

Update next part soon.

Totally agree!!. He was so ignorant in the show. I wish we got a track like that

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Originally posted by: jayasree.rao

Very well written. Read all parts at one go.

However many times we read about AsYa it is a pleasure to read a new story.

Waiting eagerly.

Please update soon.

Thanks so much!! Feels so good when everyone takes time out to write and to hear positive feedback on writing. Will update soon

asifiqbalsh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Nice update dear

I hoped that Asad reacted differently but he is Asad & he can’t control his anger.

Dilshad words to him was eye opening.

Feeling sad for zoya as she wanted Asad to be part of ayaan big day but her plan backfired bc of her trust in wrong person.

Now laddu is here.

Let see how he cope up with him & also how he pacify his zoya.

Update soon please

Thanks for pm

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Originally posted by: asifiqbalsh

Nice update dear

I hoped that Asad reacted differently but he is Asad & he can’t control his anger.

Dilshad words to him was eye opening.

Feeling sad for zoya as she wanted Asad to be part of ayaan big day but her plan backfired bc of her trust in wrong person.

Now laddu is here.

Let see how he cope up with him & also how he pacify his zoya.

Update soon please

Thanks for pm

No problem! Thanks for the awesome overview of the chapter. will update soon

tanvi_mitt thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I so wanted this to go differently.... Hopefully asad sorts it out with zoya ...

I want them together so badly

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Originally posted by: tanvi_mittal29

I so wanted this to go differently.... Hopefully asad sorts it out with zoya ...

I want them together so badly

I know but Asad's gotta act like Asad before he acts a little unlike himself 😉

sweet_tehs thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Re-read the whole story again.

Please continue soon.

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweet_tehs

Re-read the whole story again.

Please continue soon.

Updating right now :D

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Chapter 10

“Saaya Bhi Tera Main Hone Na Du Judaa, Maine Teh Kar Liya.”

The constant beeping of the monitor hooked to Humaira’s heart was the only thing that kept everyone calm. With the frenzy of anger lifted, the gears in Razia’s mind had started turning quick. She knew Dilshad in and out and she knew what she was capable of. And the annoying senior citizen she had to deal with in her house was much less the same. They were good women. Stupid women.

They can’t hurt a fly much less an actual human being. As far as the girl was concerned, if she actually intended to hurt Humaira, she wouldn’t just show up like that. It was a stupid plot, so stupid that it could only be an accident.

But only shaped like one. The person behind this was smart.

“When is she going to wake up Dr.?”

Ayaan’s voice filled the empty hall outside the special ICU unit for the umpteenth time. He had been asking the same question every fifteen seconds.

“It could be any moment now. Please calm down and stay beside her”, would be the response of every medical staff passing by.

This was all his fault. The fact that she was there lifeless with a million machines attached to her body was only because of him. It was like he had called the worst kind of blasphemy upon himself. His unsure mind and corrupted motives for marrying the girl who was now closer to his heart that he would admit, were costing him her life. A cruel joke played by the universe. An answering force of karma for lying to her best friend. He had wished for no engagement and it had been served to him on an agonizingly nasty platter.

The erratic rhythm of Humaira’s heart rate popped his bubble bringing him back to the scene, nurses and ward boys now huddling into the small room blocking her from his view. The damage done by the traces of poison left behind had set her body into seizures. Again.

“Hurry! get the doctor” someone shouted.

Ayaan hadn’t realized when he had started running, his footsteps now tracing the path of chaos. He was out of the building in minutes as soon as he had scurried the doctor to the room.

He just couldn’t take it anymore. He needed to get out of there.

But he wasn’t the only one who needed clean air to filter out their mind. Unaware of her daughter’s recent health development, Razia had just stepped out to make a phone call.

“I need you to confirm this first thing in the morning, do whatever you have to do. I’ll pay you any price. Just. Get. This. Done.”

Nobody messed with her and got away with no repercussions. Whoever this little swine was, would pay a big price.

Three excruciating long hugs and hundreds of giggles later, Asad’s fist finally came down on the table. He didn’t even know what had made him do it, now that five set of eyes had turned towards him.

“I thought there was something” he muttered lamely and ran down to his hiding abode.

Tanveer didn’t like this at all. She had heard Khala’s little rant about how mahaan Zoya was in Asad’s room. How the hell was she supposed to get rid of her now. All her plans were failing, and the last forty-five minutes had been pure hell. Every time Zoya’s so called best friend touched her arm or made her laugh, Asad had looked like he would either pop his own vein or pop the guy’s brains out. She better get her act straight while she still had time.

Zoya heard a muffled crash and instantly knew Jahapanah had thrown one of his fits again. She didn’t even want to think about it anymore–what he did or why he did. His words still stung like an antiseptic on a freshly cut wound, only the actual one spared it from further damage. But there was no relief, no solace hidden in the insults. They only tore at the gash, made it worse.

For once, she was thankful of her whimsical ways. She had called Laddu on a reflex, pained to see Asad close with Tanveer, but the guilt of burdening him with her problems had made her cancel the tickets. Though now that he was here, she couldn’t be more grateful. She hadn’t missed home like this before and having Zayn by her side made her heart feel a little less frozen.

Anger swirled around his head, rising up to choke him­– the feeling of jealousy growing into his skin, filling his blood. He tried to block the mental image of Zoya turning him away that had been running through his mind for the past hour. The fearful sight popped up into his head every time the troll’s arm touched hers across the table, always grazing her hand soothingly.

He looked at the dent, his now red, fist had left in the wall. He didn’t know what force had held him from lashing out at the table. His mouth had already begun to form the words his mind had been silently screaming.

Take. Your. Dirty. Hands. Off. Her.

And that’s when his fist had come down.

He always loved to hear more about Zoya, discover her life before she met him but the man doing the unravelling was a little out of his preference zone.

It was a pain indescribable to watch her with someone else. Every time that fattu had looked at Zoya, it was evident that he was in the game as much as he was. And who wouldn’t! Only her super-eager, touchy feely, best f*kin friend wasn’t an idiot enough to waste time like him.

It scared him, that one day he would wake up and she would be gone. She would have moved on with her life, found comfort in somebody else’s arms.

Ugh! Why did he have to open his mouth, hurt her again? It felt so stupid, now as he paced in his room, about how he had convinced himself that he had the strength to let her go. Set her free to be with some other better than him. He was such a moron!

And then a terrifying thought entered his mind.

They had looked so cozy together– so like each other. Maybe he was the one coming in the way of her happiness. What if she liked that troll back? What if she saw her future with an over friendly scruffy new yorker instead of the emotionally challenged man he was.

Oh, shut up Asad! Remember what Ammi said – Zoya did all that for him.

Even if she felt a smidge of what he felt towards her, they had a chance. He had looked at it black and white for so long, he had forgotten that there were so many greys that he could fill with color.

Ayaan sank to his knees as soon as he was at the dargah. The image of Humaira’s body in seizures paralyzing him with pain. He would never ask for anything more, never complain about a thing, only her life mattered. Every moment he spent with her flashed in front of his eyes; her support whenever he found himself in a situation with the elders, her nautankis and comebacks when he tried to flirt. The way every little thing she talked about included him in it.

For the longest time he thought he would end up with a girl like Zoya–modern, outspoken and in no way traditional. But whenever he pictured Humaira’s face, it didn’t matter to him what she wore, or how traditional she was. He had stopped trying to figure the whats’ and whys’, there was just no way he was to survive in a world where she didn’t exist. It was too painful, too big of a hole to ever fix.

“Please” he begged as he rose his hands up in a prayer, tears trickling down his cheeks, his chest heavy with uncontrolled sobs.

“I would never ask for anything, just please”

His phone vibrated in his pocket, a dua had just been heard.

Asad tossed and turned in his bed, willing for sleep to come to him. He had totally forgotten in his haze of anger and jealousy what had made him act out in the first place.

The sweets were laced with poison.

And there was only one person who could carry out such a sick act. He felt nauseated to even think he once had any kind of a relationship with her.His confession of love would have to wait, he needed to get Tanveer away from Zoya and out of his life first. If she could poison Humaira, then…he shuddered to even think about it. The fiasco’s details had already been sent to Prasad as soon as his brain had started to function again. He would have to scour the entire house’s garbage tomorrow if he were to find any traces left behind.

Ya Allah! Even the thought made his skin crawl. Why did he have to be the one born with OCD?

The night had felt surprisingly short even as he stayed up most of it planning and plotting ways on how to tangle the mess that was his house, heart and mind. He had dug up the entire house’s– well not quite entire yet– garbage without a single clue on his hand. He had the mind to just sneak in Tanveer’s room, but it was too risky. He couldn’t jeopardize his cover.

Dilshad gestured him, angrily, towards Zoya’s room as soon as he stepped out in the morning. Well, it wasn’t like he hadn’t brainstormed on what to say to her. He had made a well punctuated speech with all the necessary pauses memorized. The only teeny-tiny problem was if Miss Zoya Faaroqui would be able to hear him over her own blabber.

How was he supposed to talk to her when she wouldn’t shut up in the first place?

But what if?

What if he just acted on his instincts? She wouldn’t really have a chance to put in her two cents that way.

The hair at the nape of his neck stood up in pleasure – only if he had the courage to carry out his reflexes. Zoya wouldn’t be able to interrupt him at all then, not that he would even give her a chance to speak up.

What if he had just thrown caution to the wind and gathered her in his arms last night; forgetting about his tehzeeb keeping him in his place for once. He wouldn’t have let her sleep all night.

He looked at Zoya coming out of her room and blushed. Thank god, his miss do-it-all couldn’t read his mind, well at least not in the morning.

The doorbell rang and Asad almost groaned out loud. He didn’t have the patience to take on Pain Munir first thing in the morning.

Zoya greeted the new safai vaali at the door missing the complete look of relief behind her.

“Zoya, did you tell her it was laundry day today” Dilshad enquired as she took her seat on the kitchen table.

“Jee phuphi, I explained everything”

Please just look at me and let me explain everything too.

The morning routine continued with Zoya pretending Asad was see through and Dilshad burning holes in the newspaper he had chosen to hide behind.

“Phuphi, I’ll be out late today. I’m just showing Zayn around.”

“Okay, stay safe and bring him over for dinner” Dilshad didn’t miss how the edges of the newspaper crumpled underneath his fingers. “He is such a nice boy!” she added tongue in cheek. Maybe some healthy competition would do him good.

“What was that for?” he spit out as soon as Zoya left.

“What?”

“He is such a nice boy” he said poorly mimicking his Ammi.

“Asad, he is a nice boy” She tried to choke back the laughter that threatened to spill out. She wasn’t used to seeing her son helpless in love. How cute!

But she still had to get through his mud brain to get him to confess as soon as possible.

“Well, what do you want me to tell her? That she cannot show her one friend around when he came all the way to India for her. That they should stop being friends, just because my son turns green every time he looks at them together” she added the last bit irreverent.

“Yes”

Ya allah! Kya bacche hai mere.

“Asad, agar tumhe itni dikkat hai ton tum khud jaake kehdo na use. I’m sure tumhari baat vo zarur sunegi”

And this time she couldn’t hold it in anymore. Dilshad let her laughter flow when she heard him mutter something under his breath.

Something like “pehle dekh to lae, baat ton baad main sunegi”

Asad sat alone now, burning in his chair as he saw his Ammi leave the table. What was so funny about this anyway?

His mind switched gears as he watched Tanveer leaving her room.

Finally!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know. I am going super slow. But I promise the confession is coming! Please leave your comments below. I love all feedback :D

Vintageflower2020-01-02 08:11:13

Edited by Vintageflower - 4 years ago
sweet_tehs thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

This was very interesting and enjoyed reading it.

Took me back to the old QH days.

Wish Asad was this smart in the show as well.

I don’t mind the confession to come late as long as u give such entertaining parts in between.

I’m loving the jealous and cute Asad.

I hope u will update sooner this.

Happy New Year.

My first post of the year🤩