Eagerly waiting for the next part...

Thank you!!

Updating now

Vintage_flow thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Chapter 12

Bol Na Halke Halke

Dilshad stared at Asad gulp down his now fourth cup of coffee. His slouchy shoulders and the corners of his mouth had already told her that it was bad news.

Allah! When will she get to see her grandchildren if her own children decided to move on like a bunch of sloths. It was beyond ridiculous!

“Zoya ko dekha tumne Asad?”

Asad looked at his Ammi as if she grew two horns. And then decided to answer in a monotone “I don’t know”

He hadn't slept a wink all night, her words had hurt him more than she would ever understand. The ache was more jarring than seeing her with someone else. It was like an agonizing slide show had started to unveil itself right in front of his eyes­–just all of the hurtful things he had ever said to her. He suddenly couldn't recall when was the last time he had been civil towards her?

It somehow hurt more knowing that she had been so forgiving. Did this girl even have a grudge bone in her body? All night he had tried to think of a way he could make it up to her.

But no matter how much he tried, he couldn't quite get the burning image of those two together out of his mind.

Jealousy was a funny thing–it was an ugly thing. He had realized that subconsciously but somehow still couldn't come to terms with it. He knew Zoya saw Zayn as a friend. He could tell by the way she tried to steer clear of his little advances on her; advances only a man could spot from a distance.

Nonetheless, however much he convinced himself that they were just friends or rather she only saw him as one, it had scorched his soul when his sister had told him that they were off to get breakfast. Together. That man knew exactly what he was doing. But Asad was no fool, he had made the mistake once, well actually twice, fine– more than twice but this time he wouldn't.

Dilshad looked at her son and sighed. He looked like he was trying to move the plates on the table with some magical powers’ unknown of. She had decided to put her foot down today and demand him to propose her or else she would have to do it–for him. But apparently, he had decided to surprise her with his own antics. As soon as Najma had told them Zoya was out with Zayn, he had stared at the door wistfully like a devdas.

Ya Allah!

It was late afternoon when the main door swung open and Zoya walked in with her friend with heaps of greasy food in her hand and a flashing dimple.

Asad looked at the guy walking beside her and wondered if it was possible for someone to be a human equivalent of heartburn.

He had heard from his baby sister that Zoya had been in a bad mood this morning, so Zayn had taken her out for some unhealthy breakfast. Breakfast that had somehow dragged until the afternoon. Incredibly foolish!

He couldn't possibly tell her how sorry he was for hurting her like this, he just hoped she gave his sorry a*ss a chance­ just like she always did.

The doorbell rang again earning a distasteful groan from Asad; all this ringing was giving him a migraine.

“I'll get it” Najma announced.

An eerie silence fell upon the house as everybody took in the unwelcome visitor on other side of the door.

“Razia?” Dilshad was the first one to react.

What was she doing here? And why had she come with all these policemen?

Asad panicked as soon as he saw the cops charging into his house. He had found no clue against Tanveer but Zoya was literally on tape feeding Humaira those sweets.

His blood burned under his skin and raced like acid- slicing and potent. He despised the little snake that had snuck into his life and his house, now threatening his Ammi’s and Zoya’s safety.

“Main baat cheet krne nahi ai hui. Apni beti ke gunehgaar to laine ai hu”

As soon as the words were out of her mouth, Asad stepped in front of his Ammi and dragged Zoya by her hand so she was behind him too.

“How dare you step into my house without my permission?”

Razia snorted at his nerve and directed her gaze towards the culprit.

“I have an arrest warrant Mr. Asad Ahmed Khan, I have full permission”

Zoya grabbed onto Asad’s arm as a reflex as the cops started walking in her direction. She had tried to figure out the whole weird poison scenario for herself too. She had talked (threatened) the mithai wala. Numerous social media admonitions later, the sweating owner had confessed to using contaminated milk products in his mithai.

She had put the theory away for synopsis later. Nothing else made sense to her. This was the only possible explanation.

She drew a long shaky breath and was ready with her confession when they passed her.

Wait! What? Passed? If they weren’t here for me then?

A collective gasp fell upon the living room as the police secured handcuffs around the struggling offender's wrist.

“Tanveer?”

Daadi stood at the door watching Ayaan tie Humaira’s hair into a ponytail. The bliss on his face and the glow on Humaira’s told that Razia had not been lying. In fact she had not been deceitful about the culprit either. The police and her were on their way to get her arrested.

That sad low life!

She had a mind to talk Ayaan out of it, but she had never seen her kids so happy before. She had a feeling he had already started looking at Humaira as his life partner and she wouldn’t­­–couldn’t strip that joy away from him. If this is what they wanted, then she would never stand in the way of their love.

She would take all the challenges her kismet presented her with and protect her children from all evil eye. Her son had not been able to save himself from clutches of doom, but she would make sure no one else met the same fate.

“Ya Allah, Ayaan what are you doing?”

Humaira’s voice brought her out of her reverie. She saw him tug on her ponytail playfully while she feigned anger. She walked away to give them some privacy.

It looked like confessions were on the foresight.

Zoya’s head spun as she sat in her room recollecting the events of the past hour.

The police had arrested Tanveer on charges of attempted murder and fraud. The new maid had turned out be a private investigator hired by Razia who had found an emptied rat poison bottle in garbage with Tanveer’s fingerprints on it, the same kind found in Humaira’s bloodstream. The cameras Zoya had installed revealed that she didn’t tamper with anything while she was at the venue. And because Tanveer had means and motive against Siddiqui family, Razia had filed a case against her.

But strangely enough, this piece of information had been the least baffling out of all.

Her Jahapanah six packs had managed to shock the wits out of everyone when he had hollered back at Tanveer revealing his own chamber of secrets. Her pregnancy, her cases of fraud and the lies about her factory had all tumbled out.

To say that Tanveer was staggered would be an understatement. Her plans to put the blame on Zoya had totally backfired and Asad only saw red. He had growled, seethed and almost lunged at her when she had challenged Zoya’s character.

Zoya had never seen him like this before– it was fascinatingly scary– and would certainly not forget the next words that came out of his mouth.

“You’ll never be half the woman she is. You’ll never know love, kindness, sacrifice or friendship like she does. She is and always will be the most beautiful thing.”

Her heart hammered and thudded across her chest reminiscing the tenure of his voice. It was furious, heated and livid but somehow, she had never heard anything more comforting. It melted the ice around her veins. His cruel words from nights ago slowly disappeared and warmth took its place instead.

She was the most beautiful thing?! Zoya blushed and then quickly sobered up.

It was crazy what love does to one. She was worried sick about all that had happened, however the smile lightly lighting up her eyes refused to leave. Her Akdu Ahmed Khan had stood up for her. He had raged at anyone who had looked in her direction while his tall frame protected her figure from Tanveer’s eyes. She had never seen him so protective­­­– not for her.

Allah Miyan! How was it possible to feel worry, joy and gloom at the same time!

The gentle night breeze played with her hair as she stood by her room’s window.

She had managed to calm both Phuphi and Najma down, convinced them to eat and finally put them to bed.

Asad had not made an appearance after the morning spectacle. She had a mind to climb through his window but something in her stopped her from doing so. According to her, there would be only two possible outcomes of her sneaking up on him. She would either jump his bones and kiss him senseless, or, she would jump his bones and kiss him senseless.

Zoya let out a long sigh. It was going to be a long night.

Asad stood on the terrace, his hands shoved deep in his pant pockets, his body rocking back and forth on his heels in an uncharacteristically restless manner. He was still stunned that Razia had managed to figure it out. But then again, not really. After all, Tanveer and Razia were cut out of the same cloth. Nobody else would have caught her that quickly.

Whatever it was, he was just happy that the snake was out of their lives. He had provided the police with his own P.I.’s information and contacts. It hurt his soul to think that she was pregnant, but he hadn’t pressed the charges, so the ball wasn’t in his court anymore. He could only hope for the child to find all the rightful happiness.

Light footsteps behind him alerted his attention. There was only one person he wished to see at this moment. He had heard Zoya convincing his Ammi to eat and forcefully dragging her to bed to rest. He didn’t understand why he had waited this long to grab this girl with both hands at the first chance he got. Not anymore. He turned around with expectant eyes and a smile playing on his lips.

“Hi Mr. Khan”

If Asad could have thrown something he would have. His smile vanished and anger took its place.

“What are you still doing here?”

“Zoya asked me to stay for dinner, remember?” Zayn retorted.

He had seen the fury for him and love for Zoya in Asad’s eyes since the day he had arrived, and he knew his best friend felt the same. He liked her more than he wanted to admit but realized he was not what she wanted.

Maybe it was time to light up a fire under her jahapanah’s a*ss, so he gets his head straight.

“You know, you were right about what you said today. She is the most beautiful thing.”

He stopped to gauge his reaction and stifled the laughter that threatened to spill out. Asad looked like one of those army generals with big moustaches and red angry eyes who was ready to shoot its opponent’s head off with its gigantic machine gun.

“It got me thinking actually, maybe I should just talk to Aapi and Jeeju.”

The anger vanished and instead worry danced all over his face. Talk about what?

Zayn noticed this and continued. “I mean just yesterday Zoya expressed her wish to move out” Asad let out a muffled curse. “Maybe if I propose engagement, her family won’t mind if we move in tog…”

Asad’s hands were at his collar before he had even completed the sentence.

“You wouldn’t dare”, his voice was ominously low, but I didn’t deter the man opposite him.

“Watch me! Just because you are incapable of loving her doesn’t mean everyone else is too”, he declared shoving his hands aside with force. Both of them stumbled backwards with Asad ready to pounce back at his proud face.

“Guys, what’s going on?”

Zoya’s soft voice interrupted the short scuffle. She had thrown caution to the wind and decided to check up on him after all. She just couldn’t sleep, but the sight of Mr. Khan and Zayn trying to rip each other’s throats out was the last thing she had expected.

Ya Allah! Why is this day turning out to be an adventure after adventure?

“Nothing Zoe, I was just informing him about our move-out plans”

Zoya knew?!

“Oh” She wanted to throw Zayn off the terrace when she looked into Asad’s hurt eyes.

“Umm… it’s okay Laddu, I think it won’t be necessary. I'd like to just be here for the rest of my stay.”

Nobody missed Asad’s loud sigh of relief.

“Okay Zoe if that’s what you want. Always your call…I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“See you” He kissed the top of her forehead before leaving but turning back to see Asad's clenched fists and fiery eyes burning holes in him.

If this doesn’t do it for you jackas*ss, then you don’t deserve her.

“Mr. Khan, why were you and Laddu fighting?” she asked when he seemed to relax a bit.

“Laddu is it now? Not your lovely fiancée” he spit the last word out venomously.

“WHAT?!”

“Don’t act so shocked Ms. Faaroqui. You clearly agreed when he mentioned moving out.”

“Yes, I did because we talked about moving me out to a PG before Zayn leaves for New York tomorrow.”

“He’s leaving tomorrow?”

“Yes and no, he is not my fiancée” she added when he opened his mouth again. It felt like her brain would explode any given moment now.

“What is wrong with you? How do you even come up with stuff like this?” she shrieked out incredulously, and before she could even bat her eye, Asad was by her side enveloping her into a big bear hug.

“Wha…me… you...” were the only coherent words she managed to voice before he shushed her and exhaled his breath in a rumble of satisfaction while continuing to hug her.

Zoya’s mind raced faster than the speed of light before it all went blank, and she eventually hugged him back with everything inside of her. She had longed the protective embrace of his muscular arms and sought out his familiar comforting scent that always made her tummy turn.

Her mind screamed it was a bad idea, that she should move away before it was too late. She was barely holding on to her self- control today. And the fact that his hands had slowly started doing rounds all over her back didn't help. His fingertips were lightly grazing her spine over her kurta, just moving up and down over and over. It was crazy the effect this man was having on her. He was barely even touching her, but left her skin aflame.

His one hand finally rested at the small of her waist while the other made its way up to her face. She held a gasp when she looked up in his eyes. They were so full of love and dare she say need that her breath got stuck somewhere in her throat.

“Mr. Khan…”

“Shh…don’t”

She saw his dark eyes going slumberous with desire before he dipped his head and claimed her lips with his. She gasped at the intensity of his touch that lit her blood on fire. He took the chance to deepen the kiss pulling her closer to his hard chest while she completely melted against him.

Her own hands fluttered up wonderingly, caressing his jaw in an effort to feel the contours of his face, tugging him closer. He was more than happy to oblige, his kiss going even deeper than before.

He would let her catch a breath only to scoop in at a different angle a second later. She felt as if she was being consumed by him, greedily eaten alive. He reluctantly lifted his mouth from hers and stared right into her soul with his penetrating gaze. Her head spun from his dizzying kisses and before she knew what was happening, he grabbed both her hands in his, stared levelly into her eyes and simply whispered, “Zoya, I’m in love with you. And I know I probably should have said that before I…umm…”

She had no idea she could fall more in love with him. He had the kissed the living daylights out of her a moment ago and yet he stood here blushing unable to say the word out loud. She looked at his gaze affixed to their joint hands as she waited agonizingly and patiently for him to find the right words.

“I don’t know if I would ever be able to explain what you mean to me but when I saw you with Zayn today… I wanted to kill him, like, I actually wanted to murder him." he admitted nervously chuckling but then sobered up soon after "I want you to be with me for the rest of your life. I want you to be my wife Zoya.”

The words staggered her; they sent her heart soaring. She should have expected them to follow suit after the drugged kisses but now that he had said them, she didn’t know how to react. She just stood there, frozen, hand in hand with him listening to the amplified beating of her own heart. Unable to form a coherent sentence, she lifted her hand to the nape of his neck and dragged him down for another urgent kiss.

A few glorious moments later, they both stood under the shining moonlit night in each other’s arms when Zoya finally managed to say,

“Yes, a thousand times yes”

..........................................................................................................................................................................................

Hi lovelies! So...this is the last update for my little book. I had originally planned only six chapters and have no idea how it became 12 :D .I hope you guys enjoyed it! I loved writing asya, and as my first writing piece I am grateful for all the lovely comments smiley27

Other work-

Asya ff - dekh dil ne (ongoing)

Asya os - movie night

Edited by Vintageflower - 4 years ago
asadzoya14 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Awww beautiful end ❤

I wasn't expecting it to end so soon 😒

Everything was so well-written 😊

I'm glad AsYa got their happy ending 💞💕

Vintage_flow thumbnail

thank you !!

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Originally posted by: asadzoya14

Awww beautiful end ❤

I wasn't expecting it to end so soon 😒

Everything was so well-written 😊

I'm glad AsYa got their happy ending 💞💕

thank you❤️. lol if i would have continued, i'm sure i wouldnt have known when to stop 😃

Ihopelove thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Its ended already.😭

It was beautiful end. 👏❤️👍🏼

Thank you for beautiful AsYa story.

I really enjoy reading it.💞💕

Take care.

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ihopelove

Its ended already.😭

It was beautiful end. 👏❤️👍🏼

Thank you for beautiful AsYa story.

I really enjoy reading it.💞💕

Take care.

Thank you!! thanks for sticking until the end and your wonderful comments. Its really encouraging.

will be updating a new story soon!

asifiqbalsh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Awesome

Loved it

Too much on a day for them to handle.

Finally they confessed.

Thanks for pm

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Originally posted by: asifiqbalsh

Awesome

Loved it

Too much on a day for them to handle.

Finally they confessed.

Thanks for pm

Thank you❤️ I didnt want to delay the confession anymore so kinda tried to wrap it up lol. I'm glad you liked it.

friendsall thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Reread it yet again!! Amazing