Sept 9th: Locked Doors

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I'll start at the end and work my way to the front today because the last scene was clearly the most impactful one in the epi. 

There is so very much that HS has hidden inside himself, locked away both physically and metaphorically for so many years....we get glimpses from time to time....of Imarti, of his father, his mother, his grandfather......but today's scene really threw some things into sharp relief. 

For so long he's equated Babita to Imarti, it seemed that is what he had to subconsciously work through.....but today again reminded us that he sees a lot of his mother in Babita too.....and so we reach a point where he is confronted with the locked door to his mother's room.....where he's locked away a lot of painful memories from a very dark time of his life. And as he moves into a new chapter of his life, the first door he will have to open is that of his mother's room.....I think it's interesting that the writers are choosing to make HS-Babita move into his parents's room. It would have been weirder for them to move into his and Imarti's room I guess.....this gives them a way to tackle baggage in a different way. 

There's the Imarti baggage that HS lives with and then there is the baggage of his mother and the trauma she lived through.....Babita represents both women for HS in different ways.....His mother was where Babita started......Imarti is what she can grow into.....from a suppressed woman to an empowered one. 

There is so much potential to tackle through this room.....HS only has bad memories of that room as the place where his mother lived....was beaten and ultimately tormented to death.....he locked it all away....but locking it away doesn't exorcise the ghosts of his past.....Babita can bring new light into that room as they start a new chapter together.....dusting off the cobwebs, letting the light in after all these years. 

Now I've become hopeful that HS will talk about his mother or even his grandfather to Babita in more detail. 

It seems that his mother passed away in his childhood much before he married Imarti.....so I'm curious to know if these rooms were locked then also....and with Babita being in the unique position that Imarti never faced.....of living through a bad marriage.....what that can mean for her helping HS exorcise these demons of the trauma of his parents's marriage.....there is so much potential for good emotional content here. 

Now, coming to the rest of the epi.....Babita as usual continued to fixate on the material things....because that is all she thinks she can try to exert control over.....destiny itself she is fearful of.....so she again fretted about the mehendi, about the little details in the lehenga.....but what I found so sweet was that after a little while, she herself felt guilty for throwing tantrums in front of Mini and did her usual "Hai Mini"๐Ÿ˜†....I love it when Mini teases her about her melodrama too๐Ÿ˜†....sweet scene between mother-daughter there. 

And then the mehendi dance-shance itself.....LOL....did the team do that entire "Gallaan Goodiyaan" sequence in one long camera shot? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ‘......I just loved how natural the dance sequence was.....the whole set of supporting characters joining in rather than synchronized extras for the whole thing.....kaafi family feel aaya.

And our bride-groom giving coy glances to each other๐Ÿ˜†....Babita for once expressed her joy and happiness with abandon.....and usko khush dekh ke HS and Mini were super khush too :) 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AreYaar

There's the Imarti baggage that HS lives with and then there is the baggage of his mother and the trauma she lived through.....Babita represents both women for HS in different ways.....His mother was where Babita started......Imarti is what she can grow into.....from a suppressed woman to an empowered one. 

Looks like we are on the same page here too. I've always felt this since episode 28 when he talks about his mother's plight and then Imarti being the polar opposite, someone whose spirit he wanted to see in mother-daughter, and later when HS talks about his penance. 

I think that's why he loves and understands Minnie so much, because they both experienced their mothers' pain because of what their fathers did. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

Looks like we are on the same page here too. I've always felt this since episode 28 when he talks about his mother's plight and then Imarti being the polar opposite, someone whose spirit he wanted to see in mother-daughter, and later when HS talks about his penance. 

I think that's why he loves and understands Minnie so much, because they both experienced their mothers' pain because of what their fathers did. 

Yep, he actually said this to Mini as well in that scene when she apologizes to him after the Appendicitis episode.....that this is the exact reason why he connects to Mini.....because he feels they've lived through a similar childhood of seeing their mothers in extreme pain and trauma. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Ah man....was just rewatching the 2nd Sept scene b/w HS-Mini again.....it's eerie how much the dialogues foreshadow.

HS was talking to Mini about "Bachpan mein lag jaati hain mann mein gaathein....inhein kholne ke liye bachpan se guzarna padta hai"......he was talking in context of Babita there. 

But this same principle applies just as much to his own traumas.....bachpan mein lag gayi mann mein gaathein about his mother.....those locked doors are metaphoric gaanthein only....ab inko kholne ke liye HS ke bachpan se guzarna padega Babita aur Mini ko. 

And this is perhaps why he understands Babita so very well too....because he himself has locked away parts of himself so he understands when someone else is doing it. 

Edited by AreYaar - 4 years ago
rivaanvira thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

For so long he's equated Babita to Imarti, it seemed that is what he had to subconsciously work through.....but today again reminded us that he sees a lot of his mother in Babita too.....and so we reach a point where he is confronted with the locked door to his mother's room.....where he's locked away a lot of painful memories from a very dark time of his life. And as he moves into a new chapter of his life, the first door he will have to open is that of his mother's room.....I think it's interesting that the writers are choosing to make HS-Babita move into his parents's room. It would have been weirder for them to move into his and Imarti's room I guess.....this gives them a way to tackle baggage in a different way. 

He has, but it always felt that he compared the two for their food or taking care of him .. somewhere he has implicitly compared her with his mother .. there was this dialogue with Minni where he mentions that his mother suffered a lot .. it was such a subtle hint at babes at the same time .. he felt for her because he saw what his mother went thru too

Damn never saw that Babita is amalgamation of both women of his life .. no wonder he loves her so much

There is so much potential to tackle through this room.....HS only has bad memories of that room as the place where his mother lived....was beaten and ultimately tormented to death.....he locked it all away....but locking it away doesn't exorcise the ghosts of his past.....Babita can bring new light into that room as they start a new chapter together.....dusting off the cobwebs, letting the light in after all these years. 

I have been waiting to unravel his past .. There's so much hidden underneath that he has very cleverly put a facade on.. high time it breaks now 

Now I've become hopeful that HS will talk about his mother or even his grandfather to Babita in more detail. 

It seems that his mother passed away in his childhood much before he married Imarti.....so I'm curious to know if these rooms were locked then also....and with Babita being in the unique position that Imarti never faced.....of living through a bad marriage.....what that can mean for her helping HS exorcise these demons of the trauma of his parents's marriage.....there is so much potential for good emotional content here. 

somewhere Babita has been teh healer for him .. 

Now, coming to the rest of the epi.....Babita as usual continued to fixate on the material things....because that is all she thinks she can try to exert control over.....destiny itself she is fearful of.....so she again fretted about the mehendi, about the little details in the lehenga.....but what I found so sweet was that after a little while, she herself felt guilty for throwing tantrums in front of Mini and did her usual "Hai Mini"๐Ÿ˜†....I love it when Mini teases her about her melodrama too๐Ÿ˜†....sweet scene between mother-daughter there. 

And then the mehendi dance-shance itself.....LOL....did the team do that entire "Gallaan Goodiyaan" sequence in one long camera shot? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ‘......I just loved how natural the dance sequence was.....the whole set of supporting characters joining in rather than synchronized extras for the whole thing.....kaafi family feel aaya.

Unsynchronized and forgotten lipsyncs .. perfectly natural

And our bride-groom giving coy glances to each other๐Ÿ˜†....Babita for once expressed her joy and happiness with abandon.....and usko khush dekh ke HS and Mini were super khush too :) 

rivaanvira thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

Precap reflects the feelings so nicely between the two

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Ah man....was just rewatching the 2nd Sept scene b/w HS-Mini again.....it's eerie how much the dialogues foreshadow.

HS was talking to Mini about "Bachpan mein lag jaati hain mann mein gaathein....inhein kholne ke liye bachpan se guzarna padta hai"......he was talking in context of Babita there. 

But this same principle applies just as much to his own traumas.....bachpan mein lag gayi mann mein gaathein about his mother.....those locked doors are metaphoric gaanthein only....ab inko kholne ke liye HS ke bachpan se guzarna padega Babita aur Mini ko. 

And this is perhaps why he understands Babita so very well too....because he himself has locked away parts of himself so he understands when someone else is doing it. 

Gosh this is exactly what I was writing about in another post. When he had that chat with Minnie I felt he was drawing on his own experiences too. He is helping them both but at some point they have to revisit his childhood with him so they can help him heal.  

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanam912

He has, but it always felt that he compared the two for their food or taking care of him .. somewhere he has implicitly compared her with his mother .. there was this dialogue with Minni where he mentions that his mother suffered a lot .. it was such a subtle hint at babes at the same time .. he felt for her because he saw what his mother went thru too

Very true....he compared Babita and Imarti over food and their caring nature but it was never as implicit as the comparison b/w Babita and his mother....her suffering can be very directly correlated to that of his mother.....that is why it hits him hard. 

Damn never saw that Babita is amalgamation of both women of his life .. no wonder he loves her so much

Somewhere, I feel Babita represents hope and catharsis to him....somewhere, in seeing Babita rise from the ashes, he feels his mother has too....seeing Babita overcome what she did, by extension he feels his mother's spirit has too....and that is why I feel that to find peace, he has to let Babita console that traumatized child that he has long buried inside himself.

By the way, special mention for Anirudh's acting in the last scene.....superb๐Ÿ‘....and kudos to the writing/direction too in the way they wove the emotion of the scene with the voiceovers of HS's mom, his father, grandfather and little Hanuman being reflected in HS's eyes there. 

Edited by AreYaar - 4 years ago
rivaanvira thumbnail

@BOLD: So apt .. never thought it will be applicable to opening up his childhood ki gaanth .. 

rivaanvira thumbnail

what I meant by implicit comparison was - he saw his mother in her .. suffering, bad marriage, abusive husband (verbal)

Yes she is .. seeing her rise from ashes also gives him the relief that his mother has risen from it ..

I don't know how she will enter his heart to heal that wound .. but somewhere by giving that room to her he has opened the door of his heart for her .. now babes need to tatolofy his heart .. something will trigger which will cause her to do so and the healing process will begin ..

I have absolutely no doubt in his acting abilities .. very few can emoted through eyes and he was beyond excellence in emoting his entire childhood through those 2 eyes ..

Edited by sanam912 - 4 years ago