Is this relationship working for you?

midnightiris thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Hi,

Like many of you here, I was a big fan of DMG (especially the earlier days), which is why I was interested to watch Sanjivani 2. I know it has only been 2-3 weeks since the show started, but that is enough time to layout the basic vibe of the characters and the relationships they share. I know that this is a completely new show, but the energy and freshness that the previous 2 versions of this series had is lacking in this one so far, and I don't think that it is because the main leads in those were interns.

The relationship that is being established between Ishaani and Sid makes no sense. Even if Ishaani isn't an intern, Sid is still her senior and the way she speaks to him and the way he reacts make it seem as if Ishaani is the senior. Even though it may be because of her not liking his methods, he is still a senior and she is at work, so there is a way to deal with situations like this other than treating him like he is her intern.

They might be trying to show them as equals to help in the romantic pairing, but instead of being endearing, it is getting more and more unrealistic and confusing. There is nok-jhok between the lead pair in a lot of tv shows, and that is something I enjoy even more than once they fall in love. But I really hope the writers improve the relationship they are trying to establish between these two, because the nok-jhok here is totally falling flat.

Plus, the camaraderie and character sketch of the supporting cast is obviously super important too. And these new characters that have been introduced, don't have that spark that for e.g. an Atul, Rahul or Muskaan had since the beginning (I don't mean the actors). And Dr. Asha calling Dr. Ishaani "baby doll" is just random. On the other hand, it is great watching Dr. Shashank and I really enjoyed the short scenes that Juhi and Vardhaan shared. Even the mysterious vibe that Anjali gives off is interesting.

I really hope this series does great and thus the intension of this post is not to bash, but to put forth an opinion. What do you guys think?

Edited by midnightiris - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

angel_nonu thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

First of all we really need to stop comparing this with old seasons. Old season was firstly of about all the interns. It has more focus on their relationships, personal lifes than hospital so here it is completely different. Watch it as a new show and no comparisons with old seasons as old episodes they hardly show many serious cases and it was more about love story doctors life than hospital.

Now coming to Ishani-Sid pair, I feel many want to see Ishani below Sid, why? I am unable to understand. Why can't she be equally good as a doctor as he is. Every doctor study MBBS but few become very good so it all depends on their approach of study, focus and many more things. Also we are yet to see more of Ishani past. There is no hard and fast rule that She can not be as good as Dr Sid is.

Now coming to point that She does not treat him as senior, so should she bow down and touch his feet? First impression she got of him is corrupt doctor. Later with sania case she saw him as a doctor. Even before Sania case she did not deny of his orders which he gave denying her from assisting Dr Shashanks surgery. Also Dr Sid understand her because he was kind of her when he first joined the sanjivani. He also behaves with her like that. and I do not get where did she disrespect him. See Dr Ishani with Dr Rishabh how she is with him. Its all because how her relation started with Dr SId and now he also behaves like that.

So yes for me it is totally working.

angel_nonu thumbnail

ops how did I forgot that its newly created today. Purpose I understood 😊

Edited by angel_nonu - 5 years ago
angel_nonu thumbnail

Since you have been fan of DMG like me so should I remind you the ways Dr Armaan used to treat Dr Subhankar 😆

731627 thumbnail

Sid and ishani are meant for each other whether their scene realistic or not

If sid will not fall in love with ishani then whom he is going to fell in love except ishani. Of course he will not fell in love with aasha in same way ishani also not going to fell in love with anyone except sid

CVS are not going to introduce any other girl except ishani for sid and and neither CVS going to introduce any other guy except sid for ishani

So CVS have already plan that sid and ishani are meant for each other

Even sid and ishani has romantic touch inspite of nok joke at least from sid side it look he is very much interested in her . Though from ishani it will took some time

edkvf thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

old people from shashank to varadhan are only people to hook up with the show. Nothing about leads.

Sparklingstar22 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Sid Ishani interactions on the very first week of Sanjivani were not upto the mark and their bickering looked forced.

But after that they improved a lot from the next week, and I feel even their bickerings are not random from the second week onwards, in the sense that their bickerings show their different approach towards a single issue. So these conflicts arise from different ideologies which is interesting to watch.

Moreover,inspite of their conflicts , both of them support each other during difficult situations , especially for the welfare of their patients. So personally, I am liking this couple.

I haven't watched any of the other shows, so can't say anything about that.

But I agree with you on the babydoll part, I find this name very irritating.

1169386 thumbnail

New cast is a smiley11💩 it will never pick up on trp with this male lead hes completely zero m female just marginally better

Only old cast is worth watching yet they are repeatedly showing dragging bakwas of non actors 🤷‍♀️ kaun dekhega ye tv par ppl have better things to do in life then fake praise these kind of performers 🙄

UK ratings arent of any relevance to channel when it comes to survival of show even top in UK many shows sp has ruthlessly pulled off so better the cv pull up their socks only Indian ratings actually counts 🤣

Next week trp surely gonna dip.more as this week was more 💩 than last week also

angel_nonu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sparklingstar22

Sid Ishani interactions on the very first week of Sanjivani were not upto the mark and their bickering looked forced.

But after that they improved a lot from the next week, and I feel even their bickerings are not random from the second week onwards, in the sense that their bickerings show their different approach towards a single issue. So these conflicts arise from different ideologies which is interesting to watch.

Moreover,inspite of their conflicts , both of them support each other during difficult situations , especially for the welfare of their patients. So personally, I am liking this couple.

I haven't watched any of the other shows, so can't say anything about that.

But I agree with you on the babydoll part, I find this name very irritating.

Totally agree. First week even I said that their scenes came as random but from second week they have improved and all scenes are coming out good and beautiful.

Their initial meet and nok jhok started even before knowing they are senior junior and then for Ishani he was corrupt boss so already that equation got set. Then today we also saw that Sid actually kind of sees himself in Ishani that he was like her when he first came to Sanjivani so he understands her. Also their nok jhok comes with different ways they both use but nowhere I saw that she disrespects him or have any doubt on his talent as a doctor. Its the start of relationship which sets the further tone and with Sid she started off as corrupt boss and then saw his another side so now they talk more like partners than senior junior unlike Rishabh-Ishani.

I am loving them and I see great potential in them.

KALVIN thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I am not surprised by this post, so today's quota is over. Good going 👍🏼.