Waluscha De Sousa confirms she was a part of Inshallah

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Waluscha De Sousa confirms she was a part of Inshallah but maintains Salman Khan didn't recommend herUpdated Aug 29, 2019 | 22:34 IST | Zoom TV Digital

In a recent interview, Waluscha De Sousa confirms that she was a part of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Inshallah but maintained she wasn't cast because of Salman Khan's recommendation

Waluscha confirms she was a part of Salman Khan's Inshallah

Waluscha confirms she was a part of Salman Khan's Inshallah

Key Highlights

• Recently, Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Inshallah starring Salman Khan shelved. It was rumoured that Salman Khan wanted Waluscha De Sousa and Daisy Shah in the film but SLB didn't budge
  • Now, in a recent interview, Waluscha has confirmed that she indeed was a part of the film and clarified that her casting in the film wasn't because of Salman Khan

After Inshallah was shelved, a report started doing the rounds which stated that Sanjay Leela Bhansali decided not to go ahead with the film because Salman Khan was pushing him to cast Waluscha De Sousa and Daisy Irani. However, later, a source quashed those rumours stating, "This is a completely fake story. There is no truth to it. Salman didn't ask any such additions to the cast." 

Now, in an interview with E Times, Waluscha opened up about the rumour and confirmed that she indeed was a part of Inshallah and her casting had nothing to do with Salman Khan. When asked if she is aware of the rumour that names her as one of the reasons for Inshallah being shelved, she said, 

Advertising

Advertising

Let me get this right. No one can recommend anyone for a Sanjay Leela Bhansali film. You have to earn it! You get cast for a Bhansali film, you don't need to be pushed for it by anyone. So these reports of Salman suggesting my name to Sanjay are utter rubbish!

She was then asked if she had signed up for the film, she confirmed saying, 

Yes. In fact, I had even given my dates for the film and my shoot was to begin in the second week of September. It is flattering and embarrassing at the same time to suggest that ‘Inshallah’ didn’t happen because of me. I met Sanjay through Ashley (Rebello) who is also Salman's stylist and designer. Also Sanjay and I connected because we have a common connect - Goa! Sanjay shot Khamoshi in Goa and I am from the same place, so we exchanged notes about it and bonded really well. He complimented by complexion and said how I was right for the part. My character was that of a Muslim woman, so he even told me that I should wear an Abaya and get into the skin of the character. ‘Inshallah’ was a dream project for me simply because who wouldn’t want to work with Sanjay Leela Bhansali. 

Salman unaffected by rumours about his exit from Inshallah

When further prodded if Salman Khan had anything to do with her casting in Inshallah, Waluscha replied, 

Like I said, I have signed up for Salman's talent management agency but you cannot recommend anyone to Sanjay. If you know him then you will be aware of how involved and passionate he is about his casting. He picks each and every actor after putting a lot of thought into it. Even if anyone would have recommended me to him, he eventually made a decision based on his own understanding. So to imply that anyone was forcefully pushed into this project is mere hogwash!

She was also asked if she was aware of the actual reason behind the film being put on the back burner, she stated that she isn't sure about it and added that she feels sad because hers was a very important character in the film. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

She had a small role in Fan ?? Is MCP society ??? 

GumGum thumbnail

She is one of the women from Sallu' talent management agency, and she wants us to buy Sallu didn't recommend. LOL

CuttingChai thumbnail

When did Walusha join Salman's harem? After her divorce?

GumGum thumbnail

Sallu is getting too defensive over that recommending his talents Daisy and Waluscha story. Not only did his team make the sites delete the story, his fans trended Reshma last night.. Photo sharing accounts on PR payroll kept posting how it is ridiculous to believe the story since Alia had always been the first and only choice (Hain! Kisne bola Daisy was supposed to play Alia's role?)

Edited by hantel - 4 years ago
jb508 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hantel

Sallu is getting too defensive over that recommending his talents Daisy and Waluscha story. Not only did his team make the sites delete the story, his fans trended Reshma last night.. Photo sharing accounts on PR payroll kept posting how it is ridiculous to believe the story since Alia had always been the first and only choice (Hain! Kisne bola Daisy was supposed to play Alia's role?)

Remember the stories last month that there was another female in the movie but they haven't announced it yet. I wonder if that story came from Salman.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/not-just-alia-bhatt-salman-khan-s-inshallah-to-have-another-female-lead/story-iBZaEDkdylUUVEaVXIOVdJ.html

GumGum thumbnail

Originally posted by: jb508

Remember the stories last month that there was another female in the movie but they haven't announced it yet. I wonder if that story came from Salman.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/not-just-alia-bhatt-salman-khan-s-inshallah-to-have-another-female-lead/story-iBZaEDkdylUUVEaVXIOVdJ.html

I thought Waluscha was dojng that role. Because some site or some pap said Waluscha is doing that role after that story got published. These are probably two mins roles, playing the buddha's ex, or laalch current gf.

Walusha is just getting publicity from this because right now people will read her interview. 

I doubt it was any big role but since she was already cast, the movie was not shelved because Salman was recommending members of his harem.

Let's be real - SLB saw the mock shoot and realized that Aloo and Bhai didn't look good together and got scared and shelved it. Better to take small losses now than to have a big disaster on your hands later.

Edited by regnow - 4 years ago
TakingAStand2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Lmao... daisy shah in a SLB movie!?! No wonder it was shelved. 

Melissaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Waluscha is gorgeous so  I can totally believe SLB agreed to cast her in a sidey role like Aditi's role in Padmaavat but I'm hundred percent sure he will not agree to cast Daisy.

Edited by Melissaa - 4 years ago