Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mistertweetums thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Finally, the character everyone has been waiting for makes an appearance!

Chapter 3 - A Beautiful Mind

Kabir sits at his desk in the office, furiously typing away on his laptop. He stops after some time, his eyebrows furrowing as scrutinises his own work.

"Didn't I tell you? This senior position is too much for you," a woman's voice taunts. "You only know how to take orders, not give."

Kabir gives no indication that he is listening. It seems his attention is firmly fixed on the laptop screen.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you, Kabir Mittal," she demands. He spares a glance at the woman sitting on the other side of the desk. She is dressed in a formal jumpsuit and has her legs up on the table, as though she is the owner of the company. Her gaze is piercing.

"Sir, may I come in?"

Kabir jerks at the sound of a distinctly different voice. In his peripheral vision, he notices that he is now completely alone in the office.

Kabir clears his throat. "Yes. Come in, Gloria."

"Sir, ma'am has requested that all employees be let out earlier today. Including yourself." Her eyes trail down to the skin peeking through the undone buttons of his shirt.

"And is there any reason for this?" Kabir waits for a response before realising where her attention has shifted. "My eyes are up here, Gloria. You were saying?"

Not at all embarrassed at her behaviour, Gloria responds "Sir, it's your six month marriage anniversary. Ma'am is throwing a party in your honour."

Kabir sighs. "If that's all Gloria, you may go now." Gloria leaves, but not without one last glimpse of her boss' chest.

'Now what new drama is this? Who celebrates at six months? No doubt, she must be up to something,' Kabir thinks. He leans back in his chair and closes his eyes for a few moments. 'I might as well pack up now. This project will have to wait until tomorrow.'

"Normally, girls are very attentive to special dates like this. You're married now, Kabir. You should be aware of these things," the woman berates. "Although, it is a different matter that I myself can never remember these dates. I barely remember my own birthday. But it's nice to be appreciated on those special occasions. I'm sure, you didn't even buy a gift."

Kabir involuntarily smiles. He opens his eyes to see her laying on the sofa in the corner, with a magazine in hand.

"Why are you staring at me? Hurry and go!" she urges.

"I'm going, I'm going," he can't help but reply. He stands and moves around the desk to put his laptop in his bag. As he's about to step out of his cabin, he looks back at the sofa corner. There is no one there.

On his way out of the company premises, he is stopped by a voice calling out, "Kabir baba!"

"Hey Vijay. Are you leaving work early as well?"

"Yes, Kabir baba. Ma'am has invited us to the function too."

"Ugh. Vijay, how many times have I said, do not mention her. You ruined my good mood."

"Sorry, Kabir baba."

"You don't sound very sorry. But hey, you can just come with me if you're heading to the party now."

"In these clothes?" Vijay asks incredulously, looking down at his dirty uniform. "No, I think I'd rather go home first."

"Then we'll go by your place on the way," Kabir insists.

"Kabir baba. Please, go without me. You also have to get ready."

"Okay, only because you said please. See you tonight." 

Kabir opens the door of his car and sits in the driver's seat. His hands grip the steering wheel tightly for a moment, before they loosen as he lets out a deep sigh. He starts the car and makes his way to the house.

He pulls up into the driveway of Ashok Nivas. The doors of the house are wide open, as guests have started arriving. He exits the car, gives the keys to the valet for the night, and walks up to the entrance. He hesitates to take another step, for he doesn't want to enter the place that has become his very own hell on earth.

He feels a soft hand intertwining with his own. He looks down to see the woman standing by his side, this time adorned by a heavy saree. Her eyes peer directly into his soul. Her small hand tugs him forward, into the house.

"Sir," a servant calls to him, breaking his gaze. He turns his head to look at the servant expectantly. "Your clothes have been prepared for you." Kabir dismisses the servant with a nod. He makes his way up the stairs and into the master bedroom, keenly aware that there is no one by his side anymore.

He stands in front of the mirror, wearing the new outfit. He decides to give himself a final pep-talk before he joins the guests downstairs.

'Why? Why does that witch love torturing me like this? I bet this suit matches whatever she's wearing. Gross. Why did I ever marry a woman like her?'

Six Months Ago

'Today is the day,' he thought to himself, already dressed in his gold sherwani.

He was about to walk into Pooja's room, to make sure that she'd complete her end of the deal, when Amma walked out of her room and closed the door. She startled at seeing Kabir in front of her.

"Kabir, what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to make sure that Pooja was getting ready-"

"Listen, Kabir," Amma cuts him off. "I know this marriage isn't happening under the most ideal circumstances. But there are some rules that you must follow. After all, the rituals and customs must be respected. You cannot make a joke out of them by doing whatever you please."

Kabir was confused by Amma's words. 'Here I am, trying to teach her crazy daughter about the seriousness of marriage, and instead this lady is trying to lecture me?'

"You will not look at her, touch her, or even try to talk to her before you two are married," Amma said.

"Isn't that a little bit old-fashioned?"

"Many find that religion itself is old-fashioned. But you are the one who wanted to enforce all the rituals. You cannot pick and choose what you want to follow, Kabir."

"Alright," Kabir conceded. But Amma had more to say.

"Another thing. This is a personal request. Not from Pooja, but from me. Pooja will keep her ghunghat over her face at all times until the two of you are in your room."

Kabir was alarmed, immediately suspicious of this 'request'. "No way! What are you two up to?" Kabir tried to go past Amma to open Pooja's door.

"Kabir, please listen to me," Amma stopped him. "I know my daughter very well. She will not deign to act fine for a farce of a wedding like this. And when I look back on this day, I don't want to remember her unhappy face."

"And instead you want to remember that she has no face?" Kabir raised his eyebrow.

"Try to understand, Kabir. No one is truly happy with this marriage. Not me, not your family members, not Pooja. This isn't a marriage to be proud of in any way. The amount of shame that everyone, except maybe you, will undoubtedly feel today is humiliating on its own. Don't make this worse for Pooja."

"Your daughter needs to face reality."

"You may be an army man, Kabir, but I think my daughter has seen more harsh faces of reality than you," Amma said curtly.

"I'm sorry but there's no way-"

"Kabir, this is a request from a mother to a son. Yes, I may not be her biological mother, but my protectiveness is no less than a real mother's. I beg of you," Amma brought her hands together and lowered her head, "please, allow me to protect her from the world one last time."

Kabir brought his own hands up to Amma's to push them down, feeling ashamed. He stayed quiet for a while, to think over her words.

"Okay," he finally accepted her condition. "Only because I respect your love and your dedication to her, I will allow her this reprieve." Amma gave him a tight smile.

"Thank you, son."

Present

Downstairs, many familiar faces are present amongst the guests milling around. The Mittals are there, if somewhat isolated, and look very uncomfortable. Somewhere else stands Mr. Chopra and his idiotic son, Ranjit, talking to unnamed business partners. Even Chanda's old friends are there, gossiping away like the aunties they are. From manual labourers to the elite, this party is for them all.

Kabir quickly makes his way down the stairs and into the crowd, being careful to draw little attention to himself. He looks around, sees Mr. and Mrs. Zhi and approaches them for some small talk.

"Ladies and gentlemen," a loud voice suddenly calls out. The lights dim, and a spotlight is directed to the platform on the stairway, where Rani is standing in her sparkling glory, with a microphone. "I hope you are all enjoying yourselves. I want to take a moment to thank all of you for joining my husband and I on this special occasion. If you're wondering where my husband, I'm sure he's somewhere in the crowd. Husbands, they're always so eager to talk to women who aren't their wives, am I right?"

There is some laughter from the guests. Rani slowly walks down the stairs, continuing her speech. "The real reason as to why I've called everyone's attention at the moment, is because I want to share with you all the spectacular surprise gift I have arranged for my dear husband." Rani stops walking when she reaches the middle of the main room. "So everyone, please put your hands together for tonight's surprise guests of honour!"

There is a silhouette of a man and a woman where Rani had been on the stairway. When the spotlight shines on them, those who are unaware of the Mittal family's problems, and Ranjit, start clapping. Others are in various states of shock, except for Kabir, who gives no reaction.

'For the first time, I am imagining her in the place of someone else. But I have got to hand it to my imagination, she looks amazing in her simplicity,' Kabir thinks to himself.

"Let me introduce, or rather, re-introduce you all to my husband's older brother and his wife, who is also my older sister, Dhruv and Pooja!" Rani finishes her speech.

Kabir's eyes widen. He realises that he is not imagining anyone this time.

"Pooja..."

End

Just in case you weren't waiting for Kabir, I also put in a whole bunch of other characters LOL

Now you know how Kabir was tricked into marrying Rani. Thanks Amma, for making this fic possible. Gloria continues to be the number 1 Kabir fangirl, Vijay is that one really nice co-worker, and Ranjit is as oblivious as ever.

I'd recommend re-reading if you didn't realise that Kabir has been hallucinating Pooja this whole time. Personally, this chapter was a bit hard to write, and I don't think it turned out too well. :(

Let me know what you thought of it!

Tanu221 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

hey thanks for pm........ i liked it a lot.

althought i am a jabir fan.

but i liked how you wrote the story.

may be i can learn a few things from you.

how to keep suspense.

very good work.

it's like a thriller.

and yes writer always help each other.

mistertweetums thumbnail

Thank you :)) ❤️

Originally posted by: Tanu221

hey thanks for pm........ i liked it a lot.

althought i am a jabir fan.

but i liked how you wrote the story.

may be i can learn a few things from you.

how to keep suspense.

very good work.

it's like a thriller.

and yes writer always help each other.

Aww thank you

Haha, I'm trying to put a little bit of Jabir but it's mostly one-sided at this point (who knows, it might become jabir by the end)

Idk I'm trying to write it in a way that resembles the show's first 50 eps

mistertweetums thumbnail

Everyone is sad and that makes me sad. :(

Chapter 4 - Abhi Toh Party Shuru Hui Hai 

"Pooja..." Kabir whispers. His wide eyes are on Pooja as she and Dhruv walk down the stairs and make their way towards him.

"Mr. Zhi! Mrs. Zhi! It's been such a long time," Pooja gladly greets the couple, ignoring Kabir. They return the greeting eagerly.

"Pooja! We were just about to ask where you were. We're looking forward to working with you again," says Mrs. Zhi.

"I'm sorry to disappoint but I won't be rejoining Sharma Industries any time soon. Besides, I know that Kabir is doing an excellent job as my successor. Isn't that right, Kabir?" Pooja doesn't let Kabir respond. "You know, he's always been such a hard worker. You both saw how he would multitask so efficiently. He's definitely earned his position, wouldn't you say so?"

"Yes, Kabir is very good, but-" Mr. Zhi gives Mrs. Zhi a look.

"Before I forget, let me introduce my husband. This is Dhruv, and Dhruv, this is Mr. and Mrs. Zhi, some of our- sorry, Sharma Industries' important clients."

"It's nice to meet you," Dhruv says genially, shaking hands with Mr. Zhi and then Mrs. Zhi. "Sorry to cut this short, but we need to go and greet all the other guests too," he says unapologetically. "Shall we?" Dhruv pulls his wife away, leaving Mr. and Mrs. Zhi with a frozen Kabir, who has yet to take his eyes off of Pooja.

"Kabir. Kabir?" At a lack of response, Mrs. Zhi shrugs at her husband and the two of them walk off as well.

"We shouldn't have come. Why did we come here?" Suman asks Dadaji, feeling uncomfortable at the party.

"Sonali said to, so we did. Poor girl didn't want to come alone."

"She could have attended without us, we didn't need to come along. Jay and Sonali, they're still young. They don't feel the judging stares of society like we do. And Sonali may have encouraged us to come, but do you see her anywhere? Or Jay? These two are always going off on their own," rants a disgruntled Suman. 

"Let them enjoy, they're just kids," Dadaji tries to calm her. 

"Still, looking at all these people, being in this atmosphere- it's suffocating. There was a time when this was the norm for us, when this was our world, when guests not only welcomed, but looked forward to our presence, when they respected us. Now? They don't just talk behind our backs, they do it blatantly in front of us, and we can't do anything about it."

After a moment of silence, Dadaji speaks with a little regret, "We reap what we sow. Do you think Pooja ever enjoyed those parties we held? It must have been difficult for her, pretending to smile when seeing her father's killers enjoy their life like so."

Suman rolls her eyes. "You give her too much credit. Look! Look at how she's laughing over there, and that too while sticking to Dhruv like a- like a magnet. I don't see a single ounce of pain or sadness on her face. How shameless she is, acting as though nothing has changed. Something is definitely suspicious about her. How can any self-respecting woman declare so easily that she is in love with someone who has tried to kill her? I'm sure that she is tricking Dhruv again, taking revenge for what he tried to do."

Dadaji gives Suman a side-eye, thinking 'My son has done much worse to you, and yet you always forgive him. A woman's love makes them weak in ways we can't understand.' He eyes Pooja and Dhruv. They're standing a little too close as Dhruv leans down to brush his lips against her ears after Pooja says something to him. 'No. What I can't believe is that Dhruv is truly happy. Pooja's betrayal had affected him the most, had shaken him to his core. He turned into a completely different person. It's too unbelievable that he's forgiven Pooja. Suman is right, in that something is wrong. But she is wrong about who is right.' 

Dadaji is assured in his belief when he sees Pooja smiling up at Dhruv as though he is the solution to all her problems, as if he is her saviour, like he's her-

"God," Dadaji utters. At that moment, Chanda, who has been attempting to reconnect with her friends, returns with a dejected look. "What happened to you, Chanda?" Dadaji tears his gaze away from the unsettling couple, quickly rearranging his expression to one of concern.

"Tonight Chanda-types' friends are making fun of none other than Chanda-types. How should Chanda-types feel, other than Devdas-types?"

"Don't worry too much, Chanda. Outsiders can never understand what we've gone through. Anyway, it's better to spend time with us," Dadaji struggles to make Chanda feel any better.

"Chachi, how's the party? Are you having fun or are you getting bored?" Rani asks sarcastically, appearing suddenly. "I'm so sorry, I didn't even arrange any entertainment. Hey, I have a good idea! You love dancing in front of everyone, don't you? So why don't you provide the entertainment for us tonight?"

Chanda looks torn. "Yes, Chanda-types loves to dance. But for a witch-types like y-" Chanda covers her mouth to stop herself.

"What kind of behaviour is this, chachi? I'm asking you so nicely, and you're..." Rani trails off, letting the silence and the threatening look in her eyes speak for themselves.

"Please forgive me," Chanda begs swiftly.

"I suppose I can forgive you this time," Rani says sweetly. "But only if you go out there and dance."

"Of course! A-anything for the queen-types."

"Don't worry, chachi," Dhruv interrupts, walking over with an out-of-sorts Kabir in tow, "We're here for you. Kabir and I will dance you, right Kabir?"

"Huh? Us?" Dhruv pinches Kabir to bring him back to reality, but it doesn't seem to work. "Uhhh... sure," Kabir says, sounding mildly confused.

"See? I'll start us off." Dhruv gives a sign to one of the servants to play music. As the music starts, Dhruv begins to theatrically lip-sync.

Nain kataari aisi maari (You looked at me with the dagger of your eyes)

Tann mann sulga, tadpan bhaari (That my body and soul are yearning from fire)

Suman and Dadaji look at each other in shock. Even Kabir runs his hand over his face.

Dhruv beckons to Chanda.

Ishq lahu ka jab dil se utre (When the blood of love flowed into the heart)

Dheere dheere chadhe khumaari (Then slowly the intoxication started to take over)

"Come on, chachi! Dance with me! You too, Kabir."

Khaali jaaye na tera vaar (Your attack doesn't miss the mark)

Khaali jaaye na tera vaar (Your attack doesn't miss the mark)

Naino se karti hai shikaar (You hunt with your eyes)

The beat kicks in and Chanda is no longer able to resist dancing along. However, Kabir decides to watch from the side, like the other two Mittals.

Tu do dhaari talwaar yaar (You're a double edged sword)

Haan kaate toh karde rangdaar (If you bite then blood comes out)

"Was this the only song left in the world? That Dhruv chose this song to dance to? And that too with his chachi? I can already feel all the guests' condescension," Suman mutters worriedly. "This Pooja has made my Dhruv mad."

Tu toh thodi meethi, thodi si hai zehri re (You're slightly sweet and slightly poisonous)

Jaise garmi ki ho tapti si dopehari re (Just like an afternoon burning with sun)

Haule se tu kare dil pe halla re (You slowly create a havoc within my heart)

Ho teri tareefein karta mohalla re (The entire colony is praising about you)

'Honestly, I can't tell if I'm more shocked at the song choice, or how badly they're dancing along to it,' Kabir absentmindedly thinks.

Zalim hai tera har singaar (Your adornment is killer)

Meanwhile, Jay is watching the commotion emotionlessly from the bar. He senses that someone has joined him, but he doesn't turn to greet them.

Naino se karti hai shikaar (You hunt with your eyes)

Tu do dhaari talwaar yaar (You're a double edged sword)

Tu do dhaari talwaar yaar (You're a double edged sword)

During the musical interlude, Jay turns to see who is with him. When he sees Pooja casually standing there, he chugs his drink and pours himself another glass.

"What do you want?" he asks with contempt.

Pooja says nothing. Instead she takes Jay's newly filled glass from him.

Ho baar baar tera naksh naksh ho raks raks mein jalwa tu dikha ja (Again and again, you seem like my ambition and you show me magic all the time)

Aaja aaja (Please come)

"Just stop all this drama. Who are you to stop me from drinking? It's not like you care about me."

"I'm not stopping you. I just wanted a drink," Pooja takes a sip as she says this. She scrunches her nose at the awful taste.

Jay glares at her and angrily arranges a new drink for himself.

Ho baar baar tera naksh naksh ho raks raks mein jalwa tu dikha ja (Again and again, you seem like my ambition and you show me magic all the time)

Ho aaja aaja mohabbat ki whiskey pila (Please come and feed me the whiskey of love)

Ho dede chahat ka tu sila (Give me the result of this love)

Kabir compares what he remembers of the original music video to Dhruv and Chanda's dance. He recalls that the main actress makes a dramatic entrance after this verse.

Suddenly, he can see Pooja dressed in the same white lehenga that the actress wore, with her midriff bare.

Aaja aaja (Please come)

It seems as though Pooja is calling him to her. He finds himself walking towards his dancing family members.

Aaja aaja (Please come)

Taj-o-takht main toh lakhon gira doon (I can take down rulers and their kingdoms)

Saare arash wale dharti pe laa doon (I'll bring heaven down on earth)

Main hoon husn mujhse bachke hi rehna (I'm a beauty, beware of me)

Main hi muqaddar bana doon mita doon (I can create and destroy your destiny)

"Now that's the spirit," Dhruv exclaims as Kabir joins him and Chanda in their dance. What he doesn't realise is that Kabir sees a captivating Pooja singing and dancing in Chanda's place.

Tu kar na mana, mujhe apna bana (Don't say no, make me yours)

Ab aise tamasha bana na (Now don't create a scene)

Teri minnat karoon, teri khatir maroon (I plead for you, I can die for you)

Tere darr ke sivah na thikana (There's no place to go other than your door)

Tu toh thodi meethi, thodi si hai zehri re (You're slightly sweet and slightly poisonous)

Jaise garmi ki ho tapti si dopehari re (Just like an afternoon burning with sun)

All the guests silently watch in both embarrassment and amusement as the two young men dance around their bumbling chachi.

"You're not going to dance, Ms. Rani?" Ranjit wonders.

"No. I much prefer to observe the entertainment, than be the entertainment," Rani replies with a smirk.

"But there is a very big difference between watching an old hag dance and having someone like you dancing." Ranjit gradually comes closer to her.

"And that is?"

"One can't be unseen even if we wanted to forget it. The other, we want to keep in our minds forever, even if we forget everything else," Ranjit leers at Rani.

"Mr. Ranjit, are you flirting with a married woman?" she asks slyly.

"If it offends you, then no. If you don't mind, then..." Ranjit stares at Rani's pinking cheeks. Rani looks down at the ground and tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. She meets his gaze. Then she walks to Kabir, intending to dance from the next verse.

Baatein hai meri hathiyaar (My conversations are like a weapon)

Haaye naino se karti hoon shikaar (I hunt with my eyes)

Main do dhaari talwaar yaar (I'm a double edged sword)

"Are you okay?" Pooja takes the musical interlude as an opportunity to converse with Jay.

"Why are you asking me this?" Jay sounds irritated.

"So now I can't ask such a simple question?"

"But why would you ask? Who are you to me?"

"Even a stranger would ask. Have you seen the state you're in? The darkness under your eyes, the paleness of your skin, the bagginess of your clothes, which I know for a fact were tight-fitted before… All these things tell me that you're not okay," Pooja points out coolly, keeping her face directed at dancing Mittals.

Jay chuckles bitterly. "Oh, is that why you asked? So you could prove how you already knew the answer?"

Pooja turns to face Jay. She sets her drink down with a sigh. "No. It was meant to lead up to my next question, which is 'Why aren't you taking care of yourself?'"

Jay stubbornly takes a swig of his drink as a reply.

"Haven't any of your family members noticed?" Pooja tries another question. "I would think that at least Kabir would take care of his little brother."

"If your sister ever gave us the time to worry, then surely my family would be fretting over me. Your sister creates so many problems for us, for Kabir bhaiyya, and I know that my personal problems are very small compared to that," Jay looks somewhat dejected. He puts his drink down. "Whatever. There is no point in telling you all this. You must be so happy to see us falling apart, right? It's what you always wanted!" He stomps off without waiting to see Pooja's reaction.

Haan chahat badi meri mehangi padegi (My love will turn out to be expensive for you)

Nagin nazar yaara jab jab ladegi (Whenever my snake like eyes will look at you)

Jee na sakoge tum mar na sakoge (You won't be able to live or die)

Banke zehar yoon mohabbat chadegi (Love will grow on you like poison)

Suman, Dadaji and Chanda are perplexed when Rani starts dancing along. Dhruv grins and Kabir remains unaware, blissfully trapped in his own imagination with Pooja.

Teri hasrat hui, meri aafat hui (My desire has become torture for me)

Tere bin hoga ab na guzara (Now I won't be able to live without you)

Tere saare sitam, tere saare zulm (All your cruelty and oppression)

Haan ji haan ji mujhe hai gawara (Yes, I accept all of them)

Pooja has long since turned to face the dancing quartet. Her drink is in her hand yet again, but she doesn't drink it. She merely swirls the drink around in the glass. She has a thoughtful look on her face.

Haan rehne de tu yeh takraar (Let this enmity remain)

Dhruv spares a glance at Pooja, who is alone at the bar. He sees her talk to a servant before the servant runs off.

Haaye naino se karti hoon shikaar (I hunt with my eyes)

When the song ends, Dhruv looks to Pooja again. This time, she notices and acknowledges him with a nod, a gesture he subtly returns.

End

Originally I wanted to the dance sequence to an old song but I don't know that many old songs and I think this one fits in terms of the lyrics.

I didn't bother to describe the dancing. If you've seen the music video for the actual song (Do Dhaari Talwaar from Mere Brother Ki Dulhan), then imagine them copying the dance moves incorrectly LOL

Kabir has no reaction, Ranjit somehow flirts with Rani (even I don't know how that happened), Pooja and Jay "talk", Dadaji has some interesting insights...

Let me know what you think!!! Also, does the forum stay active when a show ends?

maivelli thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Nice but I wanted thoda SA jabir

Plz post in watpadd 

You will get many readers there 

Tanu221 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

it's nice i really think you have a great story in mind 👍🏼👏

but let me be honest i am already so sad and here i have to see jabir married to someone else😭

infact it's funny🤣 if writers would have adopted any of ours story ..... it would be much better.

atleast we get a week of romantic scenes in ebss - i guess only because it's ending 

otherwise they would have done it earliar

nice try...........keep writing

kshubhangi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Quite mysterious. Enjoying it