Noor's Redemption Arc ?

made-in-charms thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I've been seeing some posts about this in other social medias. 

After Noor comes to know about Khalid (?) being the culprit she'll find back her way. 

So considering if this truly happens what kind of redemption arc do y'all think will make you ( as an audience ) forgive her and 'wish the best for her'

What sort of redemption arc will you accept ?  Or do you think Noor is beyond any redemption ? 

For me , the only way Noor's character can be recovered if she reunites Shaira & Azaan. 

Repent , ask for forgiveness , undo the damage that has been done by you. And then maybe I'll be able to like her and root for her again.

Its funny because in the beginning I commented on a thread in here that " Noor is relatable " , I did think so. Her bubbly cheerful imperfect self , not everyone is as reserved and poised as Shaira , now I loathe her character so much. 

I would actually like to root for her someday if she makes an effort to fix the mess.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

adoreyou thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I dont think any sort of redemption arc can recover her character.

From the very beginning i found her kind off selfish. When she was ticking off those criterias for a husband and then settled for Faiz. I dismissed it thinking that yeah it is an arrange marriage so maybe she is trying to secure her future which was understandable. 

But she really is selfish because there is no justiification for what she is doing right now. So I don't think she desrves a happy ending. But i just wish she leaves Azaan and Shaira alone.

Ps : Hello , I have been a silent reader and have been silently liking posts ðŸ¤ª

Edited by smol-bean - 4 years ago
The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I could never relate to Noor but I agree with the character arcs suggested here.

She has to repent for things she had done and change for the better, leaving ShaZaan to have a happily married life without her. 😊

Edited by The_May_Rose - 4 years ago
Smiley3262017 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

In yesterday’s episode If she had walked away after finding Shayra then I would have never accepted her, since she didn’t , felt like she is doing all these crazy stuff in revenge , so if she repents and consistently whole heartedly asks for forgiveness until Azaan forgives her then I could accept Noor .. 

In arranged marriages mostly we see for how the boy is looking , is he settled and good in nature , is the family good etc , but the way it was directed is not good , so I am going to skip that one as creative mistake 

Hopefully she stops all this illogical stuff and repents soon 

NoraSM thumbnail

I am not able to reach a scenario where Noor can be forgiven. 

fria319 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I don't think I could forgive her right away , but for me its more so could I root for Noor as a character anymore?  I don't know if forgiving her means the same thing as being able to root for her as a character. But I do know that I even if I 'forgive' her, I don't think there's anything they can do to make me like her again. 

I had a hard time liking her since the beginning.  Although she was relatable in a sense, because like you said, not everyone is so poised as Shaira, her personality was more stubborn immaturity than just a bubbly , happy - go lucky young woman. But she turned out to be completely stubborn and generally self-centered from the beginning. So, now? With all that she's done ? My opinion of her is even worse. 

I think she will be forgiven by the characters, because whats an indian tv show without a redemption arc. But I don't think she deserves to be in their lives anymore. 

The fact that the writers took her down this path of threatening her own life just to get her way? It's too much.  Someone who is capable of that - it's not just grief - has deeper issues.  

If they had showed Noor in her current state of having inner turmoil for what she's doing to Shaira/Azaan - because at the end of the day Azaan is her best friend, or her second guessing her actions at times... I would have been much more sympathetic and ready to forgive. 

Also, how convenient is it to pin this on Khalid. Like, why didn't they just keep Shaira as the unknowing culprit. Why did they take Noor this far just to have it be revealed that it wasn't Shaira's fault and Noor has been completely wrong? Do they really think they can actually redeem her?  It just makes Noor look even worse. 

MochaQueen thumbnail

I cannot wait for Noor to grow up to be a mature woman and redeem herself...i think after finding the truth she will feel guilty and move out of Azaan and Shayras life herself

made-in-charms thumbnail

Originally posted by: smol-bean

I dont think any sort of redemption arc can recover her character.

From the very beginning i found her kind off selfish. When she was ticking off those criterias for a husband and then settled for Faiz. I dismissed it thinking that yeah it is an arrange marriage so maybe she is trying to secure her future which was understandable. 

But she really is selfish because there is no justiification for what she is doing right now. So I don't think she desrves a happy ending. But i just wish she leaves Azaan and Shaira alone.

Ps : Hello , I have been a silent reader and have been silently liking posts ðŸ¤ª

I liked some of her antics but I agree about that Faiz thing , I think the makers could have handled the scene better , it made her look like a gold digger tbh. Everyone wishes for a secure future but not the way Noor did. 

And yeah I couldn't have agreed more , even if her previous gestures were dismissible but her present antics are vile.

Originally posted by: The_May_Rose

I could never relate to Noor but I agree with the character arcs suggested here.

She has to repent for things she had done and change for the better, leaving ShaZaan to have a happily married life without her. smiley1

I didn't particularly like everything about her character but there was something to like about her. But now there's none. 

I really hope she doesn't cling to Azaan for a lifetime ugh , noone needs such friends. 

Originally posted by: Smiley3262017

In yesterday’s episode If she had walked away after finding Shayra then I would have never accepted her, since she didn’t , felt like she is doing all these crazy stuff in revenge , so if she repents and consistently whole heartedly asks for forgiveness until Azaan forgives her then I could accept Noor .. 

In arranged marriages mostly we see for how the boy is looking , is he settled and good in nature , is the family good etc , but the way it was directed is not good , so I am going to skip that one as creative mistake 

Hopefully she stops all this illogical stuff and repents soon 

@bold this is pretty significant. Thank the lord , she has not lost her humanity yet. 

I hope after the revelation of the truth she finds her way back. 

made-in-charms thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

I am not able to reach a scenario where Noor can be forgiven. 

Haha I understand , Noor has made it pretty hard ðŸ¤£

Originally posted by: fria319

I don't think I could forgive her right away , but for me its more so could I root for Noor as a character anymore?  I don't know if forgiving her means the same thing as being able to root for her as a character. But I do know that I even if I 'forgive' her, I don't think there's anything they can do to make me like her again. 

I had a hard time liking her since the beginning.  Although she was relatable in a sense, because like you said, not everyone is so poised as Shaira, her personality was more stubborn immaturity than just a bubbly , happy - go lucky young woman. But she turned out to be completely stubborn and generally self-centered from the beginning. So, now? With all that she's done ? My opinion of her is even worse. 

I think she will be forgiven by the characters, because whats an indian tv show without a redemption arc. But I don't think she deserves to be in their lives anymore. 

The fact that the writers took her down this path of threatening her own life just to get her way? It's too much.  Someone who is capable of that - it's not just grief - has deeper issues.  

If they had showed Noor in her current state of having inner turmoil for what she's doing to Shaira/Azaan - because at the end of the day Azaan is her best friend, or her second guessing her actions at times... I would have been much more sympathetic and ready to forgive. 

Also, how convenient is it to pin this on Khalid. Like, why didn't they just keep Shaira as the unknowing culprit. Why did they take Noor this far just to have it be revealed that it wasn't Shaira's fault and Noor has been completely wrong? Do they really think they can actually redeem her?  It just makes Noor look even worse. 

I agree with everything. 

@bold absolutely , I've been thinking about the same. If the makers really have plans to redeem her character ( which they are going to do anyway ) then they should start making the grounds for it. 

Suddenly one sunny day Noor decides to become a good person will be a dumb move and ofcourse wouldn't make any sense. 

They should have kept Shaira as the unknowing culprit , atleast Noor forgiving Shaira for whatever she has supposedly done ( by accident but still )  would have helped us to forgive her own kartoots. Blaming khalid just made the situation even worse. She dismantled shaira's entire life on an assumption which wasn't true either. 

Originally posted by: heavenlybliss

I cannot wait for Noor to grow up to be a mature woman and redeem herself...i think after finding the truth she will feel guilty and move out of Azaan and Shayras life herself

That's the only way to redeem her character. She certainly cannot live her happily ever after with Azaan after destroying someone else's life. She has to go through what shaira went through and even worse. 

MochaQueen thumbnail

but i sitll have a soft corner for her for some reason

I am not able to like Shayra....she is too nice to the point of stupidity