Diana is good but....

I-Am-SherLOCKED thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

I think for a newcomer Diana is doing a good job as Shaira. Her chemistry with Arjit is also fine. I am not making any comparisons and my intention is not to degrade Diana but I was just thinking about how wonderful Jennifer Winget would have been as Shaira. She was absolutely amazing as Zoya in Bepannah. Her dialogue delivery, the Urdu words, her acting chops, everything was beyond amazing. 

Just a random thought. She'd look good with Arjit as well.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

We should give chance to new actor too 

Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Yes an established actress like jen would have been awesome but Diana is fine as a newcomer.she will improve with time.

Edited by Silpa91 - 4 years ago
NoraSM thumbnail

JW ðŸ˜†

They would have to upgrade every actor in this show, if they had JW playing Shaira. She can play each and every character from this show better than current lot.

I can not see anyone else as Shaira, I have started picturing Diana as Shaira and she is doing a good job, Shazaan are too good together both on paper and on screen. 

JW has tremendous fan following, I was active on IF during Beyhadh and people supported Maya even though she was a very negative character, JW as Shaira, won't be equal footing for other actors in terms of performance and popularity 

Silpa20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

JW ðŸ˜†

They would have to upgrade every actor in this show, if they had JW playing Shaira. She can play each and every character from this show better than current lot.

I can not see anyone else as Shaira, I have started picturing Diana as Shaira and she is doing a good job, Shazaan are too good together both on paper and on screen. 

JW has tremendous fan following, I was active on IF during Beyhadh and people supported Maya even though she was a very negative character, JW as Shaira, won't be equal footing for other actors in terms of performance and popularity 

I was a silent reader in beybadh forum.Most people  liked maya and hated  positive parallel lead there.

Edited by Silpa91 - 4 years ago
NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: Silpa91

I was a silent reader in beybadh forum.Most people  liked maya and hated  positive parallel lead there.

I was one of those most people, I loved Maya ðŸ˜†

Maya's obsession and insecurities were explained nicely in Beyhadh, you had to be there for this girl who grew up being physically harassed by her father, loving her mother who was always weak in front of her father, she didn't wear colors, she had white wardrobe, Arjun brought colors in her life. Arjun and Maya were in love but later on they turned her into a killer, who faked sexual harassment. I stopped watching after that 

Positive leads were abysmal actors, we had JW acing each and every scene then we had Sanjheshwari Devi who couldn't act to save her life 😅

Sanjh was Arjun's chipku friend, we did not like her at all. 

Silpa20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

I was one of those most people, I loved Maya ðŸ˜†

Maya's obsession and insecurities were explained nicely in Beyhadh, you had to be there for this girl who grew up being physically harassed by her father, loving her mother who was always weak in front of her father, she didn't wear colors, she had white wardrobe, Arjun brought colors in her life. Arjun and Maya were in love but later on they turned her into a killer, who faked sexual harassment. I stopped watching after that 

Positive leads were abysmal actors, we had JW acing each and every scene then we had Sanjheshwari Devi who couldn't act to save her life 😅

Sanjh was Arjun's chipku friend, we did not like her at all. 

maya had a terrible childhood.I felt bad for her and was on her side untill that fake harassment case after that I hated maya.she turned complete dark too many lives destroyed because of her including her.

Saanjh I too didn't like her.her character was boring.

Jennifer was awesome as maya.

MochaQueen thumbnail

jenny looks too old for this role

Smiley3262017 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: SwaDarsh-AaRa

I think for a newcomer Diana is doing a good job as Shaira. Her chemistry with Arjit is also fine. I am not making any comparisons and my intention is not to degrade Diana but I was just thinking about how wonderful Jennifer Winget would have been as Shaira. She was absolutely amazing as Zoya in Bepannah. Her dialogue delivery, the Urdu words, her acting chops, everything was beyond amazing. 

Just a random thought. She'd look good with Arjit as well.

Diana is not new, she already played in couple of serials and in a movie too, but she is young looks like entered industry at young age

RapChick101 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Same here! I can’t connect with Diana yet, I’ve seen her in Parvarish season 2, and couldn’t connect with her there also :p

But yes, as much as I love JW, she’d be too good to be true to play this role, given the current set of actors.

I’m not demeaning any of them, but JW is a veteran and they’re all rather getting there as of now so....