Aniruddh Dave - Commendable range as an actor!

StrangeStories thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I haven't been a regular viewer of Patiala Babes and often happen to watch the show only in passing. It was only until a few weeks ago that a scene between Mini and Hanuman Singh prompted me to rewatch the show in its entirety and the one thing I have to put out there is an acknowledgement of what a phenomenal actor Aniruddh is. Even though he seems to have been in the industry for a while, I have never come across any of his prior work, but judging from what I have seen in this show, his range as an actor is incredibly superior. 

His grasp of the Haryanvi language and the spontaneity plus ease with which he performs onscreen is just so palpable. It never comes across as fake or artificial and it isn't very often that you can read what a character is thinking/feeling/experiencing simply based on their facial expressions. And additionally, to make the audience feel the emotion of the scene with restraint and finesse is an art in itself. 

To think he can go from making one laugh in the scenes where he is low-key threatening Mickey, contemplating what in the world 'friend-zone' means in the middle of the night or parading hilarious lines at Babita as she tries to fetch him water while the chili burns his eyes, to then bring out the hurt, tears and sadness of Mini categorizing what he has done for them as an 'ehsaan', feeling the pain when Mini loses trust in him after knowing he loves Babita, or losing the emotional battle with himself outside the hospital room, after promising Mini he will find them a new place to move out to once she is better. Each emotion in each scene was not only shown outwardly, but experienced deep within. 

On top of this, his scenes with Babita in recent times have also been top notch. They way he avoids eye contact with her when nervous, but also the way he stares at her when caught in a moment of unabashed admiration. The way he fights with her, at times for her and in other instances, also fights himself about his feelings, Aniruddh demonstrates each and every emotion without missing a beat. One particular moment that cannot be missed is when he comes running into the house after returning from Chandigarh and then catches Babita's eye. Words would fail to communicate what THAT LOOK on his face said! 

There are a lot of more scenes which highlight what a strong grip this man has on his craft, but the few that I have mentioned simply bring forth how much a good actor can bring to life a good script and character onscreen :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

paridhi2345 thumbnail

True that. I will completely agree to every word and punctuation of yours. Anirudh Dave is a Kalaakar (as he calls himself) beyond belief. I understood that this man can do accents well when I saw bits and pieces of Indu Singh in Ruk Jana Nahi, there he is a BHU student leader with a UP accent. He can perform and then outperform himself with each passing episode. Now that we talk about his versatility, I would love to mention a few aspects of Hanuman Singh's personality. He can speak the most  random stuff very whimsically in his haryanvi accent and the audience will laugh out out. He is too good with dealing with his own emotions whether it be encouraging Babita or crying while reminiscing Imarti. He is the cutest when he is drunk and my God when this man gets angry, the responsible better run for their own good. I love the whole vibe of Thaanedaar Hanuman Singh. The way he is so confident of himself and proud of his uniform. Some of my favorite scenes are - the time when he was supportive of Babita during her divorce,  Hanuman in the hospital, the Hanuman Mini Conversation after she came back from the hospital. I love the way he looks at Babita and conveys everything he wants to say without uttering a word with Dum Dum or Saahiba playing in the background. I love the way he is there for Mini every single time. My most favorite parts being Everytime when he guides Babita in the right direction.

Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Couldn't agree more!

Just blessed that I got to witness this craft of his here. His eyes speak volumes and all his muskiyaan and ankhiyon ki chori has my heart in a firm grip ❤️

cynicalities thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

As I said in another post, the man is made out of pure talent. ❤️

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Thanks for this post. Completely agree with everything. To me HS is the backbone of this show, and the way Aniruddh enriches each scene through his craft never fails to amaze me. 

I can't believe I never came across a previous show of his but now I'm going back and trying find the episodes. He is remarkable in each scene. I also feel he is underrated as an actor and I really hope after this role he gets the fame and appreciation he deserves, not necessarily as a star (since he doesn't want to chase stardom) but as a well-recognized actor. I don't think there's any role this phenomenal actor can't pull off, frankly. 

I put him the same category as Naseeruddin Shah, Nawazudding, Irfan, and perhaps one day we will see him go beyond that. 

Edited by inlieu - 4 years ago
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Thanks for the post . Indeed he is brilliant actor and in past few weeks I have seen numerous such instances where I forgot that he is acting it.. as you said one can feel intensity of his emotions even without his uttering a single word.. just in last episode.. the way he spoke with Minnie in last scene.. it was such brilliant acting.. small nuances.. expression changes.. the way he just said in Haryanvi accent why do you feel that I don't understand Babita's emotions.. it was brilliant.. his voice n eyes were so believable.. even in simple scenes.. he just brings life into it..I also discovered him through this show only.. I wish he goes higher up.. he definitely deserves it.. I also think somewhere I read that he is from theatre background and he has won president award too in acting.

Edited by riti4u - 4 years ago
inlieu thumbnail

check out this clip of him playing a stutterer. 

https://youtu.be/ITB9Z7dgsB0?t=742

Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

OMG

The sky is the limit for this man.

I'm so so delighted and happy about getting to witness him. I have a few memories of Ruk Jaana Nahi, like I remember glimpses of Aniruddh as the BHU mawali leader. I couldn't ever imagine he could play the very chivalrous HS.

I also have watched him as a robot in YAARO ka tashan. He was mechanically perfect as the robot boy. And now this 

inlieu thumbnail

looks like Aniruddh is not new to mirchi lagi scenes:

https://youtu.be/WJeTj2pCeIw?t=1180

StrangeStories thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: riti4u

Thanks for the post . Indeed he is brilliant actor and in past few weeks I have seen numerous such instances where I forgot that he is acting it.. as you said one can feel intensity of his emotions even without his uttering a single word.. just in last episode.. the way he spoke with Minnie in last scene.. it was such brilliant acting.. small nuances.. expression changes.. the way he just said in Haryanvi accent why do you feel that I don't understand Babita's emotions.. it was brilliant.. his voice n eyes were so believable.. even in simple scenes.. he just brings life into it..I also discovered him through this show only.. I wish he goes higher up.. he definitely deserves it.. I also think somewhere I read that he is from theatre background and he has won president award too in acting.

Exactly this! The fact that there are small nuances which he adds to a scene and the seamless transition he makes as the scene progresses, which only an actor of a certain caliber can do. He also has impeccable comic timing, often more so because his delivery of dialogues in Haryanvi, and the unique words that come with it, is always on point. And if he has indeed won the President's award then I couldn't think of anyone more deserving. 😊