Shaira : History and Future

NoraSM thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Shaira is a well educated, religious woman who has a mature and stable opinion on life. I was fed up of bubbly female lead who can't make a decision from sound mind, If the correct one was beating on her head yelling pick me, pick me. A refreshing change, I must say 

Shaira lost her parents when she was 7, she fell in love with him, he gave her a family, can they add that insecurity of a child who lost her parents at an early age in her character? She can't leave Azaan, she can not let go of him and has to live as his wife, when he is married  to Noor because she lost her family once, now she can't even think about losing Azaan.

In showing Shaira as Noor's savior, they forgot that Shaira is supposedly in love with Azaan, her reaction to Azaan endangering his life was very underwhelming, her focus was  on noor and Yasmin.

At first I thought that may be this will be used in future to show that she doesn't love him, but Razia's reaction to Azaan going in fire was same, and I do not doubt Razia's love for Azaan. Again makers should be careful that center of attraction may be one character but every other character should react according their relationship with each other.

Azaan - One of my favourite character so far, knows the balance between friendship and love. Want to see more of him doing whatever it is that nawabs do 

Edited by NoraSM - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dsr11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Shaira is a well educated, religious woman who has a mature and stable opinion on life. I was fed up of bubbly female lead who can't make a decision from sound mind, If the correct one was beating on her head yelling pick me, pick me. A refreshing change, I must say 

Shaira lost her parents when she was 7, she fell in love with him, he gave her a family, can they add that insecurity of a child who lost her parents at an early age in her character? She can't leave Azaan, she can not let go of him and has to live as his wife, when he is married  to Noor because she lost her family once, now she can't even think about losing Azaan.

In showing Shaira as Noor's savior, they forgot that Shaira is supposedly in love with Azaan, her reaction to Azaan endangering his life was very underwhelming, her focus was  on noor and Yasmin.

At first I thought that may be this will be used in future to show that she doesn't love him, but Razia's reaction to Azaan going in fire was same, and I do not doubt Razia's love for Azaan. Again makers should be careful that center of attraction may be one character but every other character should react according their relationship with each other.

Azaan - One of my favourite character so far, knows the balance between friendship and love. Want to see more of him doing whatever it is that nawabs do 

I agree to certain points you made.  Shayra is the usual tv bahu, who is perfect no matter what her journey was! She lost her parents at 7, but never shows insecurity. Lets say she found her family in God and made peace with her loss growing up. After all, God never leaves us! She knows Quran by heart and is never shaken by any emotion. That kind of equanimity is only possible for God! Being a little bit human doesn't hurt! Honestly, being so perfect bores me. I skip her lecturing scenes. Emotional scenes and romantic scenes are okay. 

Agree that makers need to pay attention to how the characters are interacting. While Razia stopping Azaan from going into fire is right in my opinion(any mother will not let her child risk his life even for another dear one), Shayra focusing on Noor is not normal. She should ideally focus on her husband and her own life. But i guess some people have martyr nature. They probably always have a strong sacrificial instinct, like yasmine. She sacrificed her life for a dupatta. At least Shayra is not sacrificing something precious for a non-living thing.

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: dsr11

I agree to certain points you made.  Shayra is the usual tv bahu, who is perfect no matter what her journey was! She lost her parents at 7, but never shows insecurity. Lets say she found her family in God and made peace with her loss growing up. After all, God never leaves us! She knows Quran by heart and is never shaken by any emotion. That kind of equanimity is only possible for God! Being a little bit human doesn't hurt! Honestly, being so perfect bores me. I skip her lecturing scenes. Emotional scenes and romantic scenes are okay. 

Agree that makers need to pay attention to how the characters are interacting. While Razia stopping Azaan from going into fire is right in my opinion(any mother will not let her child risk his life even for another dear one), Shayra focusing on Noor is not normal. She should ideally focus on her husband and her own life. But i guess some people have martyr nature. They probably always have a strong sacrificial instinct, like yasmine. She sacrificed her life for a dupatta. At least Shayra is not sacrificing something precious for a non-living thing.

Agree

I want more layers in her character, for now I am enjoying a calm, sound woman and her relationship with a man she loves. She is not jealous of Noor because she understands that Noor is important for Azaan but she was alarmed when Azaan spoke about his other friends to which she showed a little amount of insecurity. 

Thank You for replying 👍🏼 I loved reading your analysis on both Noor and Shaira 

Edited by NoraSM - 4 years ago
mystic786 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Shayra is also from a wealthy family. She said it herself in the episode when she is welcomed in Azaan's house. She said she had "daulat" but not "mohabbat". 

So some people's theories here that she's after Azaan's wealth is BS.

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: mystic786

Shayra is also from a wealthy family. She said it herself in the episode when she is welcomed in Azaan's house. She said she had "daulat" but not "mohabbat". 

So some people's theories here that she's after Azaan's wealth is BS.

Yes