Tomorrow's Humiliation, Asmita's Fault?

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

I absolutely hate positing this but I can't help but think that in this situation hamari pyaari Nandu is right.

Now, just to put this out there, I DO NOT like this woman and am in no way a fan of hers. She's an obsessive, psychotic little brat who's in desperate need of a therapist. However, if we look at this from an outside perspective, Nandini is on the right. Shaan is her husband (legality is debatable but for the world, they're married), and yet he's going around professing his love to another woman. He's openly declaring it, going on dates with her, and dancing with her, all the while abandoning his wife.

If Nandini had been our protagonist, then Asmita would have been the negative vamp, the mistress, the other woman who is ruining a marriage. Shaan would have been the vindictive, cruel hearted man, who has ruined an innocent woman's life by maintaining an extra-marital affair.

Of course, the audience knows the truth and thus we feel happy when we see Shaan/Asmita finally having romantic moments together. But when these same moments are leaked to the other characters in the show, they become dirty, impure and disgusting.

Asmita's connection to Sonagachi won't be helping her situation either and if juxtaposed against Nandu's class/status/repuation, it could be used to further downgrade her.

I don't know how they're going to resolve this because I really doubt the news channels are going to care much about the Majumdar's family melodrama. They got their sensational bytes via a police officer being a wealthy business man's mistress. It will definitely be splashed everywhere, multiple times. If the news proves to be wrong, I don't know how much time the channels will devote in rectifying their mistakes or clarifying what the situation actually was. Either way, major damage is done and Asmita's character will take a really heavy hit.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hari096 thumbnail

I think it's terrible how easily the writers use the term marriage in this show. There hasn't been a single proper wedding with full rituals since shaan and asmita got married the first time in front of everyone. Only then did the panditji actually say vivah sampurna hua... The dialogue RM had today about shaan not respecting marriage was laughable because no one in the family has respected marriage since the beginning because if they did then they would have accepted shamita's marriage which is still ritually and lawfully legal at this point. Even Shaan and Asmita no longer accept to eachother that they are husband and wife, which is really sad. Everytime someone in the show says the word marriage is cringeworthy tbh... if they are trying to show the sanctity of marriage and how it should be fought for they are doing a poor job. 

In my opinion, Nandini would be somewhat justified if she had not lied about her identity. The fact that no one in the family has questioned her about it and thrown her out is weird especially since they did just that with Asmita when they found out she was Puchki.

In addition, I feel as though they repeated this whole situation with Paro earlier, because even then it was obvious to everyone that Shaan loved Asmita. They also humiliated her then...The way they ended that track was having her run off with mohit but since nandini is obsessed with Shaan i sadly doubt this track will end anytime soon. 

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Hari096

I think it's terrible how easily the writers use the term marriage in this show. There hasn't been a single proper wedding with full rituals since shaan and asmita got married the first time in front of everyone. Only then did the panditji actually say vivah sampurna hua... The dialogue RM had today about shaan not respecting marriage was laughable because no one in the family has respected marriage since the beginning because if they did then they would have accepted shamita's marriage which is still ritually and lawfully legal at this point. Even Shaan and Asmita no longer accept to eachother that they are husband and wife, which is really sad. Everytime someone in the show says the word marriage is cringeworthy tbh... if they are trying to show the sanctity of marriage and how it should be fought for they are doing a poor job. 

In my opinion, Nandini would be somewhat justified if she had not lied about her identity. The fact that no one in the family has questioned her about it and thrown her out is weird especially since they did just that with Asmita when they found out she was Puchki.

In addition, I feel as though they repeated this whole situation with Paro earlier, because even then it was obvious to everyone that Shaan loved Asmita. They also humiliated her then...The way they ended that track was having her run off with mohit but since nandini is obsessed with Shaan i sadly doubt this track will end anytime soon. 

And to think I used to get whiplashes from reading the synopsis of KZK. At least with that show we knew definitively if Prerna is a Basu or Bajaj, but yaha toh sab golmaal hai. 

Haven't reached that far yet but I'm pretty sure during Ridoy and Asmita's marriage, Shaan showed his and Asmita's marriage certificate. So I'm not even sure how anyone was able to dispute that and still have the galls to call Asmita Ridoy's wife. And it's like, every single episode has been stuck on this one point - marriage and it's not even done tastefully. The only marriage track I liked was Beauty's during pre-leap. Yes, she was selfish and was horribly humiliated, but it was in a sense still very powerful. Especially that curse that she gave the Majumdar's wherein she foreshadowed that it will be a Sonagachi girl who will be wedded into their house.

We already know how deeply respected Shantanu was. Despite being illegitimate, he'd been given all the prestige and reputation that a Majumdar deserves. Not to mention, he carved a name for himself by his own volition as well. Thus, for a man of his stature to bring home a girl who has past connections to Sonagachi would have been hella interesting. Yes, Shantanu is also from Sonagachi, but he along with his family have made sure to erase all those connections. Heck, Shantanu himself despised the place and everything and everyone to do with it. Asmita, on the other hand, is a bit more sympathetic. She had a lot more to lose if she were to stay at there, thus making her entirely justifiable for hating the place and the people. Yet, she doesn't. She has fond memories of her Chanda and Choti Maa, and of her Shantanu. She understands the plight of those women and knows firsthand how tough it is to get out of that hell.

It would have been amazing to see all these discourses crop up because of Shaan/Asmita's marriage. Especially the gender differences: Shantanu is a well respected business man who doesn't have to answer for his past but Asmita who is a police officer does? If Shantanu were a dancer, then chances are he would have been encouraged to pursue his dream and praised for how well he performs. But if Asmita does it then her body's automatically sexualized and she's accused of performing only to attract male attention?

Nivedita already hates Shaan. There's no doubt she would have hated Asmita too. It's like, one bad blood wasn't enough, now there's two. Her desire to make Ridoy the rightful heir would have increased ten fold and she could have stirred up all the drama. She could have been the catalyst to which Asmita would have had to answer some really heavy questions. Can someone rise above stigmatization? Can they completely dissociate themselves from their past?

If they really wanted, they could have still shown Nandini but taken a different approach to her. They could have shown her being obsessive over him but failing to truly understand and connect with him. She doesn't know the man personally but has fallen in love with the false idea that she has created of him. It's a terrible thing but it is true and is highly prevalent in celeb culture. We put so many people on such a high pedestal either because of their work or looks that when they goof up, we lament ourselves for ever being their fans and cancel them. Nandini could have been such a person. Lusting over his body, foolishly believing he would shower her with all the worldly possessions, roam around after her like a puppy etc. It would have been a tricky situation, but the point of it would have been to showcase the dangers of entertaining delusions for too long.

prd2bascorpio thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hari096

Yes!!!!!! That has been my biggest pet peeve from the show. Asmita and Shaan are legally married and her and ridoy's marriage is 1. invalid without her divorce 2. the marriage was never totally done....so why do she and ridoy need a divorce? Similarly all that asmita needs to show the Mazumdar family people is her marriage certificate and all this nonsense about Shaan respecting his marriage to Nandini could be put to rest. 

I want the CVs to show Asmita and Shaan accepting each other as husband and wife...maybe do pheras in mandir on their own and then fighting the mazumdar family and nandini.

prd2bascorpio thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

And to think I used to get whiplashes from reading the synopsis of KZK. At least with that show we knew definitively if Prerna is a Basu or Bajaj, but yaha toh sab golmaal hai. 

Haven't reached that far yet but I'm pretty sure during Ridoy and Asmita's marriage, Shaan showed his and Asmita's marriage certificate. So I'm not even sure how anyone was able to dispute that and still have the galls to call Asmita Ridoy's wife. And it's like, every single episode has been stuck on this one point - marriage and it's not even done tastefully. The only marriage track I liked was Beauty's during pre-leap. Yes, she was selfish and was horribly humiliated, but it was in a sense still very powerful. Especially that curse that she gave the Majumdar's wherein she foreshadowed that it will be a Sonagachi girl who will be wedded into their house.

We already know how deeply respected Shantanu was. Despite being illegitimate, he'd been given all the prestige and reputation that a Majumdar deserves. Not to mention, he carved a name for himself by his own volition as well. Thus, for a man of his stature to bring home a girl who has past connections to Sonagachi would have been hella interesting. Yes, Shantanu is also from Sonagachi, but he along with his family have made sure to erase all those connections. Heck, Shantanu himself despised the place and everything and everyone to do with it. Asmita, on the other hand, is a bit more sympathetic. She had a lot more to lose if she were to stay at there, thus making her entirely justifiable for hating the place and the people. Yet, she doesn't. She has fond memories of her Chanda and Choti Maa, and of her Shantanu. She understands the plight of those women and knows firsthand how tough it is to get out of that hell.

It would have been amazing to see all these discourses crop up because of Shaan/Asmita's marriage. Especially the gender differences: Shantanu is a well respected business man who doesn't have to answer for his past but Asmita who is a police officer does? If Shantanu were a dancer, then chances are he would have been encouraged to pursue his dream and praised for how well he performs. But if Asmita does it then her body's automatically sexualized and she's accused of performing only to attract male attention?

Nivedita already hates Shaan. There's no doubt she would have hated Asmita too. It's like, one bad blood wasn't enough, now there's two. Her desire to make Ridoy the rightful heir would have increased ten fold and she could have stirred up all the drama. She could have been the catalyst to which Asmita would have had to answer some really heavy questions. Can someone rise above stigmatization? Can they completely dissociate themselves from their past?

If they really wanted, they could have still shown Nandini but taken a different approach to her. They could have shown her being obsessive over him but failing to truly understand and connect with him. She doesn't know the man personally but has fallen in love with the false idea that she has created of him. It's a terrible thing but it is true and is highly prevalent in celeb culture. We put so many people on such a high pedestal either because of their work or looks that when they goof up, we lament ourselves for ever being their fans and cancel them. Nandini could have been such a person. Lusting over his body, foolishly believing he would shower her with all the worldly possessions, roam around after her like a puppy etc. It would have been a tricky situation, but the point of it would have been to showcase the dangers of entertaining delusions for too long.

Lol yes I also follow Kzk but the marriage situation is definitely and needlessly more convoluted here. All that Shaan needs to do is show RM his marriage certificate and tell them that his marriage to Nandini is invalid before his divorce. 

You have some good ideas about tracks. If CVs need to create drama, they can show Asmita and Shaan considering themselves husband and wife...maybe they can do pheras in mandir and then fighting the mazumdars and nandini. They can show how asmita and shaan have to cope with the sonagachi label against them....

And for TRP aunties they can show asmita having issues from mazumdar family becoz of the sonagachi label...since trp audiences love saas bahu drama....I will be fine with asmita fighting against her inlaws as long as Shaan and her are together.