Palki Malhotra the creator leaves the show

dyer.a thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Well I don't know if it's good or bad news but show creator Palki Malhotra has left the show and from her statement its pretty clear she was not happy maybe zeetv took action as the show was continuously losing ratings and the fans were complaining to zee for the negativity of the show....well I hope it brings good news for shamita fans.

Interestingly Raymon gave her a farewell last night and the entire ytg family was there even paro except Avinash and Vrushika...it seems she might have had a problem with the leads...just like fans I think both of them are not happy with the way their characters were being treated and side roles were hogging too much screen space...I hope now the show moves in a better direction...Also since a few weeks zee is promoting the pair of shaan and puchki.

Hoping for some positivity now.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Dunno what the reasoning was but I hope it ended on good terms.

It kinda sucks to see her leave her own show (happened with D3 as well) but legit all she had to do was balance out all the heavy drama with some light-hearted scenes. She has produced so many great romantic moments between leading couples in the past before. Dunno what happened this time around.

Khair chodo. Wish her all the best in whatever projects she chooses to take up and hope better days are coming for YTG and Shamita.

Hari096 thumbnail

Wishing all the best for Palki maam... been a huge fan of hers since D3. However I have never seen a show scream 'inside politics' as much as #yehterigalliyaan. From her statement it's quite obvious she has a problem with those not at the party: i.e. avi, vrushy, renee. People are also noticing on Instagram that she unfollowed avi...so my guess is something happened there. 

Wishing all the best for palki maam for her future projects. Hoping the creatives will now deliver justice in the storyline...  

MochaQueen thumbnail

all zee shows are too negative they need to do something abt it

Preeti.xo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I get the fact she gave us shamita and Avishika but then again with the team she also ruined the show badly. Maybe it’s a good thing for the show she’s left. Hopefully the channel can sort this out and get it back on track. So many ardent fans have stopped watching cos of how much negativity there is. Even the leads can see they’re being sidelined for every Tom, dick and Harry. Anyways good luck to her in her future endeavours  

prd2bascorpio thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Well this was my first Palki Malhotra show and I am very disappointed with the way she has butchered the plotlines. Is it bad that I am glad she left? It seems like the new show creators are listening to the fans...even the things we mention in the forum and I am happy about that. Though I am not sure how they can get the show back on track after such a convoluted mess of ploylines but I hope whoever is picking it up from Palki Mam they do a good job. I am really surprised she had a problem with her own leads since its only their chemistry that kept the show alive. 

Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

http://www.tellychakkar.com/tv/tv-news/negativity-affects-me-palki-malhotra-quitting-yeh-teri-galiyaan-190722

I was confused from his article which negativity is it that she's talking about; the negativity in the actual show (which us fans are hating too) or negativity that she's been experiencing on the professional front with people on the show or channel? Confusing! From what you guys said it seems that she is having issues with our leads, but then avi and vru have a right to be pissed over their characters  given even fans of the show are upset with the level of negativity and the disgusting character-assassinating treatment given to the female lead by other characters, plus so much screen space being given to negative characters. This isn't ekta's bhagya serials where they'll give max importance to villains winning and the show will have high ratings. I hope this new development brings good news for puchki and shan's relationship as I'm disgusted with how they have made an utter joke out of marriage even more than kasauti has as both leads have married multiple times yet there is zero clarity over who is the legally married couple in the show, on top of humiliation for FL like being called a prostitute simply because she spent her formative childhood years in a brothel, and on top of this awful father of puchki's who sold his wife, doesn't give a damn about his elder daughter and helps his second daughter in stealing his elder daughter's husband. The relationships in this show are utterly disgusting.

asmaanixx thumbnail

Originally posted by: sammy17

http://www.tellychakkar.com/tv/tv-news/negativity-affects-me-palki-malhotra-quitting-yeh-teri-galiyaan-190722

I was confused from his article which negativity is it that she's talking about; the negativity in the actual show (which us fans are hating too) or negativity that she's been experiencing on the professional front with people on the show or channel? Confusing! From what you guys said it seems that she is having issues with our leads, but then avi and vru have a right to be pissed over their characters  given even fans of the show are upset with the level of negativity and the disgusting character-assassinating treatment given to the female lead by other characters, plus so much screen space being given to negative characters. This isn't ekta's bhagya serials where they'll give max importance to villains winning and the show will have high ratings. I hope this new development brings good news for puchki and shan's relationship as I'm disgusted with how they have made an utter joke out of marriage even more than kasauti has as both leads have married multiple times yet there is zero clarity over who is the legally married couple in the show, on top of humiliation for FL like being called a prostitute simply because she spent her formative childhood years in a brothel, and on top of this awful father of puchki's who sold his wife, doesn't give a damn about his elder daughter and helps his second daughter in stealing his elder daughter's husband. The relationships in this show are utterly disgusting.

I guess it's a little bit of everything. If it's negativity within the show then she had the power to change that considering she was the Creative Head. Can't comment on her colleagues since I don't know their equation with her but since she was the creator of the show, shouldn't she have a greater say as to what happens? I can't see how actors will have more of an influence over who gets greater screen time. If they're trying to manipulate their personal relationship with her to advance their professional careers then that's just sick. If it's Zee studios, then again, I don't know why they will want a show that is filled with so much negativity. All their other shows have major drama going down as well but they're all showing their female leads being hella strong and fighting back. It's only our bechari Asmita who, despite being a highly reputable police officer, is unable to do jack shit. If it's the fans' backlash that's getting to her then she can simply mute them. However, I understand being verbally abused every single day can do great damage to one's mental health. If she feels that leaving the show altogether will do her more good in the long run, then go for it.

Preeti.xo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

I guess it's a little bit of everything. If it's negativity within the show then she had the power to change that considering she was the Creative Head. Can't comment on her colleagues since I don't know their equation with her but since she was the creator of the show, shouldn't she have a greater say as to what happens? I can't see how actors will have more of an influence over who gets greater screen time. If they're trying to manipulate their personal relationship with her to advance their professional careers then that's just sick. If it's Zee studios, then again, I don't know why they will want a show that is filled with so much negativity. All their other shows have major drama going down as well but they're all showing their female leads being hella strong and fighting back. It's only our bechari Asmita who, despite being a highly reputable police officer, is unable to do jack shit. If it's the fans' backlash that's getting to her then she can simply mute them. However, I understand being verbally abused every single day can do great damage to one's mental health. If she feels that leaving the show altogether will do her more good in the long run, then go for it.

well she’s done so much damage that it’s irreparable. Never seen so much shite in one show even in an Ekta show. There are more negative people than positive people. Ridoy was legit one crazy person before he surprisingly became positive Cos obviously the creatives wanted him back and the fans didn’t and the only was this was possible was through him being made positive. I think it’s a good thing shes left, for herself and for the fans and the show. Idk where it’s gonna head now but something had to be done!

asmaanixx thumbnail

Originally posted by: Preeti.xo

well she’s done so much damage that it’s irreparable. Never seen so much shite in one show even in an Ekta show. There are more negative people than positive people. Ridoy was legit one crazy person before he surprisingly became positive Cos obviously the creatives wanted him back and the fans didn’t and the only was this was possible was through him being made positive. I think it’s a good thing shes left, for herself and for the fans and the show. Idk where it’s gonna head now but something had to be done!

I agree with you in regards to all the irreparable damage. We can't ignore all the canonical bullshit that has happened and don't even get me started on the legality of marriages. 😵

The only sliver of hope that I can see is through Asmita. She should stop crying and allow herself to be used like a puppet. She's a police officer for goodness' sake! Start using the law for to support yourself for once. I mean, what kind of message is that sending to the common folk? As a police officer, you can't stop all this humiliation and backward minded torture. What hope and justice are you going to give to the common people?

I really hope the new writers turn things around for the better.