Ke Raaste Abhi Badal Se Jayenge // A HanMiTa Story - Completed

cynicalities thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Once again, Aniruddh, Pari and Ashnoor's absolutely incredible performances have lead me to writing a story in the middle of the night. If I ever end up making a career out of writing, I might have to give the entire credit to these three. 😂
So, on occasion of Aniruddh's birthday, here's a sincere attempt at yet another story from Hanuman's perspective.
This story is a little longer than my last one, with three parts. I'm posting Part One now. I don't have an exact schedule for updates, but my goal is to post all three parts before Monday's episode so as to avoid my story interfering with the actual show. 😅

I hope you like it! 💞

Ke Raaste Abhi Badal Se Jayenge

Chapter 1: In The Hospital

The doctor walked out of the observation room and Hanuman and Babita both rushed towards him.

"Kya hua Minnie ko?Woh thik toh hai na?"
"Aapki beti ka appendix rupture ho gaya hai. Waise toh ilaaj na kiya jaye toh yeh kaafi serious ho sakta hai, lekin aap fikar mat kijiye. Minor operation hai, jaldi thik ho jayegi woh."
"Operation..."
"Doctor sahab, aap woh operation, jo kuch bhi jaruri ho, kijiye aap, bas Minnie jald se jald thik ho jaye."
"Jee, Inspector Hanuman. Operation ke liye aap dono ko consent form pe sign karna padega. Main bahar kisiko bol deta hu, woh aapko batayenge kya karna hai."

The doctor left. Babita was trembling with fear and worry. In any other situation, Hanuman would have did something, said something to calm her, to support her. But could he do that now? Was he allowed to say anything?

"Hanumanji, yeh kya ho gaya? Aap se baat kar rahi thi woh, tab tak sab thik tha, achanak pata nahi kya hua usko, mere toh kuch samajh me nahi aa raha-"
"Aap tension mat lo, woh bohot achhe doctor hai. Aur unhone kaha na, minor operation hai. Uske baad toh ekdum thik ho jayegi woh."
"Are minor operation kaise? Operation toh operation hota hai na. Kabhi pehle itni bimar nahi hui hai woh, or aaj aise kaise..."

The woman at the reception called them to complete the hospital's admission formalities. Babita filled up her details, signed, and pushed the form over tohim. "Dono ka signature chahiye unko."
Hanuman took the pen and form from her. Name, address, contact details, his consent to Minnie's operation, the usual. But one word stopped him in his tracks. "Relation to the patient", the form asked. And hadn't that been the story of his life for the last few months? Everyone seemed to have that question; how was he related to the mother and daughter? The court, the society, Ashok Khurana, Khatri, even the media people interviewing Babita. Truth be told, he himself would have liked to know, what was he to them? His feelings aside, what were they to him? Tenant-landlord didn't cover it, friends seemed too casual, there was no official name for the bond they had with each other. Minnie had called them a family, but then he had messed it all up. But right now, it wasn't important, was it? So he did what the three always did when faced with this question. He left it blank.

"Aapne relation toh likha hi nahi. Main likh deti hu. Father na?"
"Jee, woh... Minnie ka father na hu main."
"Toh aap iss consent form pe sign nahi kar sakte. Aap please unke father ko bulaakar laeeye."
"Jee unko toh na bula sakta main. Aapko uske maa ki ijajat toh mil gayina, woh rakh lo aap. Minnie ke papa ki ke jarurat hai?"
"Hospital ki procedure hai, sir. Mujhe unki signature leni padegi. Aap please unko bulaeeye. Woh sign nahi karte tab tak hum ilaaj start nahi kar sakte."
Her words and Babita's fearful gasp at them were enough to make Hanuman mad.
"Are aisa kaise procedure hai aapka yo, patient ka ilaaj hone se rok rahe ho aap. Uske baap ko uski fikar na hai, uska ilaaj ho, na ho. Likhiye, relation likhiye aap, main hu Minnie ka father. Aap bas uske operation ki tayari kijiye."

After all was said and done, Hanuman wondered if he had crossed a limit. Minnie was ready to leave his haveli and his life, now he had put himself down as her father in her hospital forms. He didn't even know of Babita approved of it. Was she angry? Was she okay with it? He didn't dare turn around and find out. Neither did she say anything. She just looked at him for a few seconds, her face unreadable, and then walked to where Minnie was being carried to a room.He wasn't sure if he should follow. He wasn't sure if his presence was welcome or if it would just aggravate the situation. In the end, he stood outside the door, waiting, till the painkillers finally brought some relief to Minnie and she fell asleep.

… 

When they finally wheeled Minnie away for her operation, both Hanuman and Babita were a worried mess. There had been multiple calls back and forth to Minnie's grandparents, to Naeem Bi and Lala. Sitting outside the operation theatre, they waited desperately for someone to walk out of that theatre and tell them that everything was okay, that their daughter was fine. Because as far as the hospital was concerned, she was their daughter, wasn't she? In ideal circumstances, being called Minnie's father would've made him very happy. After all, he had considered her like his own daughter since long ago. Now? Now that same thing made his stomach flip with trepidation.

By the time midnight rolled around, the operation was done and everything was fine.Minnie was still unconscious due to the anesthesia, Babita sitting on the edge of her bed, her hand caressing her daughter's hair, Hanuman standing there awkwardly. Both were extremely aware of each other's presence, albeit for very different reasons. Neither of them knew what to say to the other.

Babita raised her hand to her forehead and let out a slight groan.
"Aap thik to ho jee?"
"Ha woh bas, kal subah se sar me thoda dard tha, uparse aaj itni bhaagdaud..."
"Ek kaam karo aap, aap bahar aaramse baithke thoda rest karlo aap. Do teen din se bohot jyada upset ho toh apka dimaag bhi na ab thak gaya hoga. Aap rest karo, tab tak main baith lunga yaha Minnie ke paas."
There it was again, the confusion on Babita's face on hearing him call Minnie by her name, not as Veer Balika or Queen Victoria. She looked like she wanted to ask him why but decided not to. He would have loved to explain, to wipe that confusion off her face, but what was he going to say? Your daughter found out about my feelings for you and now she wants to have nothing to do with me? It was better to not say anything at all.

In the morning, when Babita had stepped outside the room to call Minnie's grandparents while Minnie rested, Hanuman sat there in a chair, beside Minnie's bed, his hand over hers, his thumb rubbing comforting circles on the back of her hand.

Sitting there, Hanuman tried to make sense of his own emotions, tried to find out what his own thoughts were. He was worried sick about Minnie, but he was also worried about the mother-daughter leaving the house. The way Minnie looked as if she was actually considering taking up tenancy at Khatri's house... That meant she was very serious and firm about her decision, and not just acting out of anger. She would make it happen. And her mother? However hard Babita tried to be strict with her daughter, she always gave in to Minnie's decisions. Did that mean they would actually leave? Could Hanuman handle it if they did? He didn't think so. What if he promised Minnie that he'd forget all feelings he had about Babita? Would that be enough? Would that make her reconsider her decision? He had already lost Imarti. His heart wouldn't be able to bear the blow if he lost Minnie and Babita as well. Now that he had gotten used to a life with them, to people and happiness and laughter, he would never be able to live in an empty haveli. He would gladly forget his feelings, keep them aside, if that meant Minnie would reconsider leaving from his life. 

So deep in thought, he was suddenly brought back to his senses when Minnie awoke and yanked away her hand from his. They looked at each other for a moment and Minnie turned her head away, her eyes moist.

He should say something, but what? There were too many things to be said, too many issues to be resolved. Where would he even begin?

"Babes kaha hai?"
"Bahar baithi hai woh. Phone pe baat kar rahi hai. Main bulake laata hu unko."

He got up. This was a cop out, and he know it. But he dreaded the conversation that was coming.

"Ek minute, ruko aap. Mujhe aapse baat karni hai."

Well, that settled it. He had to face it now.

"Aap aise mat samjhiye ki ab se sab ho gaya toh mera decision kuch change ho gaya hai. Hospital se discharge milega tab main le jaungi meri Babes ko, aap se dur. Main aise hurt hone nahi dungi meri Babes ko."

Tears had welled up in her eyes again. That utter broken expression was too painful for him to watch.

"Dekh, chhori, jo hua, jaisa hua, usme teri galti toh na hai kuch, ib yo tere ankh me aansu na dekhe jayenge mujhse. Maine bohot try kiya, ki yo jo line hai, jo boundary hai, woh par na ho. Par ke karta, baawla mann hai, kisi ki sunta kahahai. Tujhe abhi bata deta hu, ib agar tu chahti hai ki main tum dono se dur rahu, teri mother ke baare mein jo sochta hu woh sab bhul jau, toh yehi sahi. Par tu aise relation todne ki baatein na kar. Mera tujhe ya teri mother ko hurt karne ka, ya tum dono ke beech aane ka koi intention na hai. Nahi mera koi aisa intention hai ki bhai main unko convince karu ya unpe koi jabardasti karu. Jo jaisa hai so hai, abhi unko kya decision lena hai woh unpe chodd diya hai maine."
"Decision unpe chodd... Matlab Babes ko ye sab pata hai? Yeh kehna chahteho aap?"
"Main bas yeh-"
"Aap bas kya? Woh sab janti hai ya usse bas andaja hai, kya kehna chahteho aap exactly?"
"Dekh, ib unko kitna pata hai yo toh manne bhi na pata. Lekin itna bol sakta hu ki puri tarah se andhere me na hai woh. Andaja toh hai unko."
"Nahi! Main nahi maanti. Usko kuch pata nahi hai, usko pata hota toh woh bilkul nahi rukti uss ghar me. Mere Babes ko kuch nahi pata!"

Before he could reply, Babita entered the room with a few tiffins in her hand.

"Are, Minnie beta, uth gayi tu? Kaisa lag raha hai abhi? Abhi main Beeji-Dadu se baat kar rahi thi, puch rahe the ab tabiyat kaisi hai teri. Woh bhi pareshan baithe hai ghar pe. Waise, Hanumanji, woh... Naeem Bi ne khana bheja hai. Khaa lijiyega aap."
"Rehne do jee, bukh na hai manne.."
"Aap aisa kyu keh rahe hai? Kuch kha lijiye na. Thaane se aane ke baad directly yaha aana pada tha. Aur aaj phir din bhar aap bhi toh yaha baithe the. Kal shaam se kuch nahi khaya hai aapne."
"Lekin-"
"Lekin vekin kuch nahi sunungi main. Please khaeeye aap."
Hanuman dared to look up at Babita, but she didn't seem to have noticed the look of surprise and the tears her words had brought to her daughter's eyes.
"Kamaal karte hai aap bhi. Kuch nahi khayenge or phir aap bhi bimar padjaate toh? Kaise sambhalti main aap dono ko? Umm, mera matlab tha, aap bhibimar padte to problem ho jaati. Please kha lena aap. Main woh Minnie ke dawaai ka puch ke aati hu."

Hanuman had no choice but to eat in an awkward silence and a lot of guilt.

Hanuman left Minnie's room for a minute to wash his hands. Before he could enter again,he overheard the hospital's orderly talking to Minnie.

"Beta, yeh kuch documents hai, inpe aapke father ki signature lene hai. Aap de dengi unko yeh?"
"Mere father ke signature?"
"Haan, woh Inspector Hanuman Singhji. Unhone aap ke form pe ek signature miss kar di galti se. Dekhiye wo Relation wale column ke niche. Please unko keh dena woh sign karke reception pe leke aane ke liye."

Oh no.This was not going to end well. Hanuman looked inside the door and saw Minnieread the form.

"Relation to the patient: Father."

Minnie looked hurt, angry, and worst of all, she had the exact same look that she'd had when she finally told him the reason for her anger. Betrayal. He had betrayed her in the worst possible way in her books, and now there was no redeeming himself.

Read Chapter 2 here.

Read Chapter 3 here.

Edited by Manasi_MD - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

You're a great writer! This is fantastic. Love the way you described everything from HS' point of view - I could feel every emotion of his. 

I would have thought Minnie would soften on knowing he had signed as her father but maybe even in the show she would misunderstand him (though I don't think she will find out just yet). 

Can't wait for the next parts! Thanks for posting this. 

cynicalities thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

You're a great writer! This is fantastic. Love the way you described everything from HS' point of view - I could feel every emotion of his. 

I would have thought Minnie would soften on knowing he had signed as her father but maybe even in the show she would misunderstand him (though I don't think she will find out just yet). 

Can't wait for the next parts! Thanks for posting this. 

Thank you so much! 💓

I'll probably post the second part by tonight, just a few touches left.

Needblessings thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This is just awesome😊. You are so talented dear!!! WOW!! I mean it . That H.S harinavi dialogues are so on point👏. When I am reading the story I feel that I am actually watching our PB episode ,it is that  kind of perfect. Take a bow👍🏼 !! Sipping  hot tea and reading your story ,what a start of a Sunday 😃.... blissful❤️. Thank you so  so much🤗. Will wait eagerly for next part 😊.

cynicalities thumbnail

Originally posted by: Needblessings

This is just awesome😊. You are so talented dear!!! WOW!! I mean it . That H.S harinavi dialogues are so on point👏. When I am reading the story I feel that I am actually watching our PB episode ,it is that  kind of perfect. Take a bow👍🏼 !! Sipping  hot tea and reading your story ,what a start of a Sunday 😃.... blissful❤️. Thank you so  so much🤗. Will wait eagerly for next part 😊.

Thank you so much for the appreciation! It always inspires me to write more! ☺️❤️

@bold: I was really worried about the Haryanvi, I'll be honest 😅

cynicalities thumbnail

Ke Raaste Abhi Badal Se Jayenge

Chapter 2: Back Home Safe

When the doctors finally let Minnie go from the hospital, they had to make her promise to be on complete bed rest for a week. Knowing Minnie's restlessness, Hanuman was sure that it would never last more than 2-3 days, but it was worth a try.

They still hadn't talked about him signing as her father on the form. Since it had her mother's signature as well, Hanuman guessed she knew Babita was okay with it. At least for the sake of Minnie's treatment. Now all that was left for him to do was maintain his distance from the duo.

"Yeh kya kar rahe hai aap? Button firse nikal gaya aapke uniform ka? Layiye main laga deti hu."
"Aap rehne do, main kar lunga. It's okay."
"Are par kyu? Main kar deti hu na, 5 minute ka toh kaam hai bas."
"Nahi, jee, aap rehne do. Aise cheezon ki aadat mat dalwayo aap mujhe. Baad me aap toh chale jayoge, par yo aadaton ki wajah se Hanuman Singh ko problem ho jayegi."
"Aisa kyu keh rahe hai aap? Aadat dalwa rahi hu matlab? Choti si toh baat hai, ek button toh hai."
"Wahi main bhi bol raha hu. Ib yo ek button toh hai, laga lunga main. Aap ke aane se pehle main ya Lala hi karte the na ye sab. Toh kar lunga main. Thank you, jee, but I'll manage."
"Aree-"

"Hanumanji, kuch chahiye tha aapko?"
"Nahi, main bas Minnie ki tabiyat kaisi hai woh puchne aya tha? Thik hai woh? Sab achha hai na?"
"Haan, thik hai woh. Aap aise sidhiyon pe kyu khade hai, upar aake mil lijiye na usse."
"Nahi, rehne do, woh aaram kar rahi hogi. It's okay."
"Aaram hi kar rahi hai itne time se. Woh doctor ne complete bed rest lene kaha hai na, to ab kuch karne bhi nahi deti main usko. Toh bichari bore ho gayi hai bistar pe lete lete. Aap jaake baat karlo usse, mood thik ho jayega uska. Chaliye."
"Are nahi woh-"

He walked into the room behind Babita anyway. Because try as he might, he couldn't stop missing the girl. He was used to her coming straight to him after something happened, when she had anything at all to share. He was used to her laughing and being cheerful all around the house. He had promised to keep his distance, but he was only human. He missed them.

"Minnie, dekh, tere Hanuman uncle aaye hai tujhse milne."
"Yaar Babes, mujhe nahi baat karni kisise."
"Minnie, tu abhi bhi pehle ka gussa leke baithi hai? Aise thodi na chalega, bas bhi kar ab."
"Rehne do jee, main toh pehle hi keh raha tha. Aaram karne do usse. Nahi baat karni toh kyu aap jabardasti kar-"

He sneezed. Sniffled a little. Huh, may be he had a cold on it's way.

"Aapko toh jukaam hai. Rukiye aap, main kaadha bana deti hu aapke liye."
"Are, nahi, uski koi jarurat na hai. Aap fikar mat kijiye."
"Aise kaise fikar mat kijiye? Maine toh aapko pehle bhi kaha tha na, aapki fikar ab hum dono nahi karenge toh aur kon karega-"
"Lala."
"Kya?"
"Lala. Woh hai na. Itne saal tak wo hi karta tha fikar meri. Ib bhi kar lega. Aap tension na lo."
"Aap aise kyu keh rahe hai? Uss din bhi aap aadat todne ki baatein kar rahe the, meri haat ki chai, khana sab band kar diya aapne. Ab yeh aise bol rahe hai aap. Kya ho gaya aapko?"
"Kuch na hua hai manne. Bas aise achanak se realise hua hai ki aap logon ki jo yeh aadat ho gayi hai mujhe, baad me takleef hone se achha abhi yo aadat tod deni chahiye na."
"Aisa kya hoga gaya hai lekin achanak. Jab se aapki Minnie se baat hui thi uss din tab se aise baatein kar rahe hai aap. Usne kuch kaha aapko? Minnie, tune hi kuch kaha na tere Hanuman uncle ko? Gusse me aake, bina soche kuch bhi bol deti hai tu. Thoda to samajhdari se kaam liya kar na-"
"Usko kyu daant rahe ho aap, uski koi galti na hai is sab me, usne kuch na bola mujhe."
"Aap toh rehne do, Hanumanji. Har bar ye galti karti hai toh aap bachhi hai bolke usse maaf kar dete hai. Iss bar bhi maine laakh mana karne ke baad bhi meri bina maane yeh ghar chhodne ki zid pakad ke baithi rahi."
"Babes, tu mujhpe chilla kyu rahi hai. Jab tujhe samjhega na ki main right decision le rahi thi, tab repent karegi tu. Yaar, tere liye hi toh kar rahi thi na main. Tu samajhti hi nahi hai baat ko."
"Minnie, tu agar baat kya hai woh mujhe batayegi nahi toh kaise samjhungi main."
"Main nahi bata sakti yaar tujhe."
"Toh main kaise vishwas kar lu ki tera decision right tha. Bachhi hai tu, itni badi nahi hui ki ab yeh sab decisions mujhse bina puche le sake."
"Babes, tujhe nahi pata yaar kuch bhi-"
"Toh bata mujhe!"
"Pyaar karte hai woh tujhse!"

Oh no. This was happening now? Why did it have to happen while he was standing right there? He would have very much preferred if this whole situation had happened while he was away and someone just told him the result of the conversation. At least that way, he wouldn't have to listen to the daughter-mother agreeing to leave his life forever.

"Kya?"
"Hanuman uncle. Pyaar karte hai tujhse. Isliye main keh rahi thi ki hum ye ghat chhod ke chale jaate hai. Iss love shuv ki wajah se firse tujhe hurt hote nahi dekhna chahti main."

This seemd to have calmed Babita. May be because now she finally knew what was troubling her daughter so much.

"Toh ye sab karne se pehle ek baar mujhse baat tak nahi ki tune? Mujhse puch nahi sakti thi ki Babes ye aisi situation hai, tera kya decision hai iss baare mein?"
"Aise kaise puchti yaar, Babes. Tujhe kuch pata nahi tha Hanuman uncle ke baare mein. Or main bata deti to tu or hurt ho jaati, ki jis aadmi pe tune itna trust kiya woh aise..."
"Pata tha mujhe, Minnie! Sab pata tha. Unhone kuch kaha nahi magar mujhe samajh raha tha. Ek baar mujhse baat kar leti toh ye sab taal sakte the. Par nahi. Tujhe toh bina kuch soche, bina kuch samjhe, bas apni man ki hi karni thi."
"Are daughter ki mother, aap toh firse usko daantne lag gayi. Uski ke galti hai isme? Aap ke liye hi toh kar rahi thi na woh bhi?"

Babita's confession that she knew everything had shocked Minnie. She had refused to believe that when he told her in the hospital. Really, even Hanuman hadn't known the extent of what she knew, what she thought. He was assuming she just thought he liked her, had a crush on her. Now by the own confession, she apparently knew everything.

Minnie unsuccessfully tried to wipe her face, her eyes. Tried to pretend she wasn't crying, wasn't hurt.

"Babes, agar tujhe sab pata tha toh tune ghar chhodne ka decision kyu nahi liya? Kyu reh rahe hai hum abhi bhi yaha? Yaar, Hanuman uncle ne sab barbad kar diya, tu dekh rahi hai na. Ab kya jawaab denge hum uss Khatri ko jab woh pure mohalle ke saamne baatein karega? Kuch bol bhi nahi sakti main ab usko! Yaar ye love me sirf pain hota hai. Sab kharab kar deta hai yeh. Tune suffer kiya hai na ek baar, fir kyu issi zid pe adi hai tu? Kyu yahi rehna hai tujhe?"
"Mujhe yeh bata, yaha se jaane ki jarurat kya hai? Tujhe yehi darr tha na, ki main firse hurt ho jaati jab mujhe Hanumanji ke baare mein pata chalta? Dekh. Sab pata hai mujhe. Par hurt nahi hui main bilkul. Toh kis baat ka darr hai ab hume? Tere Hanuman uncle ko hume hurt karna hota toh wo pehle bhi kar sakte the, Minnie. Par unka aisa koi intention nahi hai yeh toh tu bhi jaanti hai. Aur waise bhi, humare saath jo hua, usme pyaar ki kya galti?"

Minnie still didn't look convinced.

"Tune apne mummy papa ka rishta bikharte hue apni aankhon se dekha hai, tera iss rishte se vishwas udd gaya hai, maanti hu main. Lekin sab rishte ek jaise toh nahi hote na. Pyaar sirf hurt karta hai, ya dukh deta hai, aisa kaise soch liya tune? Lekin, iss baare mein tujhse kya shikayat karu main bhi. Meri hi galti thi. Pata nahi tere papaji ke baare mein kya kya manghadan kahaaniyan suna di maine tujhe."
"Kahaniya?"
"Ha, kahaniya."

Babita sat down on the bed near Minnie, who immediately curled up against her mother. Both were hurt and angry with each other, but at the end of the day, they had always drawn comfort from each other's presence.

"Tujhe pata hai Minnie? Har ladki jab shaadi karke apne sasural jaati hai na, tab dher saare sapne leke jaati hai. Apne naye zindagi ke liye, naye ghar ke liye, apne pari ke liye. Sochti hai ki uska or uske pati ka pyaar uske sab sapne pure kar dega. Ek khush zindagi hogi, hasi-mazak hoga, roothna-manana hoga, shikayate hongi. Aise hi sab sapne leke main bhi ayi thi, jab pehli baar apne sasural me kadam rakha tha."

This was a very vulnerable moment, and a very private one at that. Hanuman shouldn't be here, he should leave. But his feet refused to move, stayed glued to where he stood. Babita didn't ask him to leave either.

"Kul milake, in satra saalon me maine bas kuch mahine hi guzare honge tere papaji ke saath. Mere sapno ko kabhi pura hone ka mauka mila hi nahi. Tu choti thi na, tab mujhe apne papaji ke baare mein dher saare sawal puchti thi. Or tujhe khush karne ke liye main apne unhi sapno ko kahaaniya banake tujhe suna deti thi."

Babita pulled Minnie closer to her and continued.

"Tu yeh jo sochti hai na, ki teri Babes iss love shuv ke chakkar me hurt hui hai, main tere papaji se bohot pyaar karti thi isliye mujhe itna sab sehna pada, yeh sab unhi kahaaniyon ke wajah se toh hai."
"Par baat toh wohi hai na, Babes. End me tu hurt toh hui. Wo bhi pyaar ki wajah se."
"Pyaar ki wajah se kaha? Sach kahu toh tere papaji aur mere beech kabhi pyaar tha hi nahi. The toh bas mere sapne, mere bhram. Tujhe main mere or Ashok Khurana ke 'pyaar' ki kahaaniya sunati rahi, or phir sab hone ke baad tujhe lagta raha ki teri Babes issi pyaar ke wajah se hurt hui hai. Jab ki baat toh yeh hai ki koi pyaar na hone ki wajah se hurt hui main. Bas ek naam ke rishte ko pyaar samajh baithi. Sochti rahi ki pati ke liye sacrifice karna hi pyaar hai. Pati jo kahe wohi sach, pati jo kare wohi pyaar. Lekin uss rishte me agar sachme pyaar hota, toh shayad hamare saath jo hua woh kabhi na hota."

Tears were streaming down Babita's face as well. Should he stay? Should he leave? Hanuman still didn't know.

"Maine uss din tujhe bataya tha na? True love kya hota hai? Yaad hai?"
"Haan. Tune bola tha ki true love woh hota hai jisme koi expectations nahi hota, jo ekdum pure hota hai, bohot bade bade aur complicated words use kiye the tune."
"Complicated kaha, Minnie. Ulta true love to sabse simple, sabse innocent hota hai. Maine kaha tha na tujhe, niswarth, bina kisi laalach ke, jaha ekdusre ki khushi me hi dono ki khushi hoti hai."

The conversation had now taken a completely different turn, and he had no idea where this was going.

"Abhi Beeji or Dadu ko dekh le. Itni pareshaniyan aayi, itne problems aaye, phir bhi dono saath me hai. Teri Lovely bua or Sukhiji? Sukhiji ko itne saalon me kya kuch nahi sunna pada, lekin Lovely bua ka saath dene ke liye unhone sab sunn liya. Or Lovely ne khud aa kar Ashok Khurana ke company ke shares humse kharid liye, taaki Sukhiji ka apna hissa ho, taaki unhe aur sunna na pade. Aur jaise tune kiya. Sahi kiya ya galat, yeh toh baad ki baat hai, lekin tune yeh sab teri Babes ko protect karne ke intention se hi kiya na. Aur jaise tere Hanuman uncle kar rahe hai."

Hanuman's gaze immediately lifted off the ground and met Babita's.

"Tujhe khush karne ke liye hi toh kar rahe hai na woh bhi sab. Tere admission ke liye college ke principal se ladh aye. Tu ghar se bhaagkar uss karate tournament mein participate karne chali gayi, or phir bhi unhone waha aakar tujhe support kiya. Tere sapne pure ho sake isliye tere liye woh camera le aaye. College ki das baatein tu unhe nahi suna deti tabtak tujhe khana hazam nahi hota, lekin teri baatein sune bina unka din bhi kaha dhalta hai. Phir bhi aaj tu hurt na ho isliye khud takleef uthane tayar ho gaye. Tere kehne pe humse rishte todne nikal pade. Kyu? Kyunki woh apni Veer Balika se itna pyaar jo karte hai."

Oh. This is where it was going. Yet another moment where he should say something. But what? What could he possibly say after Babita had so beautifully put in words what he had never been able to. What was left to say? He just wiped off a tear that had escaped his eye and didn't say anything.

There was a moment, when he looked at Minnie, when he thought she almost looked sorry about what had happened, like she believed Babita about how she wasn't his to be hurt this time. For a split second, he dared to hope that may be things would go back to how they were before. But the moment went away as quickly as it came, and once again he was uncertain about where he stood.

"Hanuman uncle, I'm sorry. Matlab, main abhi bhi aap se gussa hu. Lekin Babes ke bolne se mujhe aise lag raha hai ki maine kuch jyada hi violently react kiya, aapse bohot rudely baat ki. Uske liye I'm very sorry."
"Are, ke baat kar rahi hai, chhori, rulayegi ke manne? Main toh pehle se keh raha hu, teri koi galti na hai isme. Ib yo situation hi itni vichitra hai, itni ajeeb si hai. Usme tu bhi ke kare."
"Phir bhi. Agar maine kuch jyada hi galat kar diya ho toh I'm really very sorry."

She broke down halfway through the sentence, and raised her hands to her ears.
Hanuman rushed to her side, to pull her hands away from her ears, to say "Kaan na pakad tu, koi galti na hai teri." and cried right along with her.

May be he should leave now. Leave Babita to talk to her daughter. Of course there would be some things they still needed to clear, some things that needed to be talked about without him being around. He didn't want to impose. He had made a promise that he would keep his distance, and even though Minnie had relented a little, it didn't seem that she had freed him from the promise yet. But still. This was progress. May be things could go back to how they were before. May be he could still redeem himself. He let himself smile a little.

Read Chapter 1 here.

Read Chapter 3 here.

Edited by Manasi_MD - 4 years ago
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Nice story , You let them do most important thing that was required ..to talk it out :) , I wish Babita gets to know it soon.. so that she can clear Minnie's misconception soon .. 

Well done dear , it was worth a read.

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

This is a fitting second part! What wonderful writing. I could imagine every single moment, the room, Minnie lying in bed, HS awkwardly standing at a distance, everything. Thanks so much for posting this!

I am now even more excited for the next few episodes. Can't wait!

Edited by inlieu - 4 years ago
Needblessings thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This is just perfect.So beautifuly you progress the story with so much detailing  and ease . Again i felt that I am watching PB episode live .Too good dear👏. Will wait for the next one. You are a blessed writer. 

cynicalities thumbnail

Originally posted by: riti4u

Nice story , You let them do most important thing that was required ..to talk it out :) , I wish Babita gets to know it soon.. so that she can clear Minnie's misconception soon .. 

Well done dear , it was worth a read.

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it! 💓