Disappointing performance

NoraSM thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

My intention with this post is not to hurt or attack anyone, I have stayed away from discussing this but I just have to rant today, no offense to fans of actors, do forgive me 

Parth and Erica get good screen time and I expected to feel pain of Prerna and Anurag through their emotions, I just don't feel anything for them, Prerna was irritating in hospital, what was that voice modulation? I am sitting here trying to feel WHY is everyone saying that Anurag will die if he doesn't get Prerna, I do not feel that pain or even a bit of emotion. Anurag and Prerna's dialogues about mehendi, kala teeka, we can feel each other etc. make it seem that what they have is teenage infatuation at best, I am trying to find that love everyone keeps talking about. One reason can be that I come here and read over the moon praises for acting performance, watch episode on TV with skyrocketed expectations only to be disappointed by it. I am a sucker for good emotional distress and heart wrenching acting performance, there's nothing in it. 

Prerna's sister and mother are my karma for watching this show instead of working on my project, especially Prerna's mother is too impulsive and dramatic for my taste. 

Maybe it is because I connect to Mr. Bajaj that I felt anger when Prerna ran away from her grihpravesh, KSG is doing pretty well with Bajaj, he has commanding screen presence, I am not happy with the way they are handling Mr. Bajaj.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

opsora2090 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Prerna's miseries are just like a mockery right now. call me sadist or whatever , but as a normal human being i have completely unable to make connection with prerna's sorrow. watching prerna's OTT it felt irritation so much . such a bad characterization of prerna's character.

but i must say parth as Anurag did a very good job . he nailed the emotional part . i kinda watched him yesterday and first time i felt for him TBH.

and Bajaj as Ksg , he is a phenomenal every time as usual  ❤️

kalank thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail

They both cannot act, as simple as that, and my theory is that if they continue showing these people cry people will get further put off, they need to increase screen space of Mr Bajaj 

Edited by kalank - 4 years ago
manj thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kalank

They both cannot act, as simple as that, and my theory is that if they continue showing these people cry people will get further put off, they need to increase screen space of Mr Bajaj 

Fully agree. In todays episode ksg had screen space and  he was superb.

Makers have to give good content , they have  ksg, use him.

Edited by manj - 4 years ago
durga33 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

In this current track, prerna character development is bad. It needs to be fixed. I remember the actress said in an interview that she won't play saas bahu roles where the characters cries etc but it's similar in this show. Erica should really talk to the creatives and give her input. For trp sake they are ruining the female lead. No doubt prerna had her great moments in the show where Erica shined.  But the bottom line is that if the character is not written properly then how can we expect great performance. In Erica last show she shined. She is not an excellent actress but good. She nails the sassiness and emotions very well. However it's the creatives messing up prerna. Prerna clearly seem to have trust issues with the basu family because of the past but what they could have done was let her own family in on the secret. That way it would have spared us the double drama. One thing I absolutely hate is how creatives is not making prerna stand up for herself. How can a girl take so much insult and accusations thrown not only to her but her family. The marriage is already done so it would've been better to let them know the truth. That is why I'm really hoping for prerna to see bajaj good nature according to the article so we can see a change in prerna character. I'm tired of the crying and anger. I want to see a strong prerna. Only when the writing is good then we can expect good performances from Erica.

hasini009 thumbnail

exactly. their breakup, pain, agony..............I just couldn't connect to it

I dont know its because of their bad acting or something else😕

dont wanna compare, but give KSG one sad scene. he will make you cry buckets😭

hasini009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kalank

instead of feeling bad for them, I'm like stop it already

kalank thumbnail

Originally posted by: hasini009

exactly. their breakup, pain, agony..............I just couldn't connect to it

I dont know its because of their bad acting or something else😕

dont wanna compare, but give KSG one sad scene. he will make you cry buckets😭

Oh man don’t remind me, I cried hard in Qubool Hai 😳

kalank thumbnail

Originally posted by: hasini009

instead of feeling bad for them, I'm like stop it already

I am just fed up of not much screen space given to Mr Bajaj, give him one whole week, just to himself, and see how this show does wonders 

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

It was the opposite for me. Normally they dont affect me . But this time , they did slightly . Specially anurag . Parth is normally good in emotional scenes but not crying scenes . He was pretty horrible in the dream scene ..erica was beyond horrible in the hospital scene bec as such her dialogue delivery is bad and while crying it was impossible to understand what she is saying ..still the dialogues there moved me a bit . Then with the doc , where she is proudly telling that anu will know i was here , it was hilarious. Emotions and attachment need not spelled out like that ..audience should feel it ..crying scenes erica was also horrible . The whole situation does make u feel bad about them but thats all i can take..pyar is imp but but marr jaonga n all need not be said . Itna pyar kitna pyar kitni baar how many times will he say  ? Just do something both of u whixh proves ur love . Mr bajaj is good mostly but he isnt there for more than 5 mins. Give him more screenspace