Why would I watch that film says Vijay deverakonda on kabir singh.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SakuraKakashi thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Shahid Kapoor as Kabir Singh.

Actor Vijay Deverakonda, who shot to fame after an acclaimed performance in Telugu hit Arjun Reddy, has said that he has no interest in watching the film’s remake, Kabir Singh. The central role of an alcoholic, abusive medical student has been played by actor Shahid Kapoor in the Hindi film, also directed by the original’s Sandeep Reddy Vanga.

Speaking at a press interaction for his upcoming film Dear Comrade, Deverakonda was asked if he’s seen Kabir Singh, to which he replied, according to Cinema Express, “Shahid has done that film, and he has gone through the character, and there is nothing for me to watch it again. I know the story, I have done that film, why will I watch again?”

Kabir Singh has become the highest-grossing Bollywood film of the year, making over Rs 250 crore at the domestic box office, exceeding the industry’s expectations. Arjun Reddy was also a box office hit. Both films have been criticised - Kabir Singh more than Arjun Reddy - for glorifying toxic masculinity. Both Vanga and Shahid have repeatedly denied the claims.

A recent interview with Anupama Chopra in which Vanga seemed to condone violence in the name of love was harshly criticised on the internet. He later told Deccan Chronicle in aninterview, “I had to say what I had to say. And then they cut out portions of my comments.”

Deverakonda added that Vanga has been asking him to watch the film, but he won’t budge from his decision. He said, “I wanted the Hindi film to be a big hit, because Sandeep is my man. But unexpectedly, it became a blockbuster. Done. No more discussion there.”

Kabir Singh has defied negative reviews, a non-holiday release date and several other obstacles to become a blockbuster. The film now faces competition from Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30, which has made Rs 30 crore in two days of release.

Edited by HummingBird12 - 4 years ago
ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Now this has turned out to be funny, coz Vijay already sent flower bouquet to Kiara telling that she has performed very well in Kabir Singh movie. So how did he know that without watching the movie that how she performed there?😛 Barely she had any dialogue on the trailer.

SakuraKakashi thumbnail

Originally posted by: ffkhan

Now this has turned out to be funny, coz Vijay already sent flower bouquet to Kiara telling that she has performed very well in Kabir Singh movie. So how did he know that without watching the movie that how she performed there?😛 Barely she had any dialogue on the trailer.

I want to see the article or some post confirming he sent it to her as I can't find it. She is doing Telugu movies and she is well known in the circle now.

https://www.indulgexpress.com/entertainment/celebs/2019/mar/30/see-pictures-kabir-singhs-kiara-advani-has-fangirl-moment-with-arjun-reddys-vijay-deverakonda-13783.html

SakuraKakashi thumbnail

ffkhan thumbnail

Originally posted by: HummingBird12

I want to see the article or some post confirming he sent it to her as I can't find it. She is doing Telugu movies and she is well known in the circle now.

https://www.indulgexpress.com/entertainment/celebs/2019/mar/30/see-pictures-kabir-singhs-kiara-advani-has-fangirl-moment-with-arjun-reddys-vijay-deverakonda-13783.html

She posted it in her instagram story some days ago, unfortunately I don't have screenshot of it right now.

ffkhan thumbnail

Here you go:

Arjun Reddy star Vijay Devarakonda showers love on Kabir Singh's Kiara Advani with a special gift

Vijay Devarakonda, Kiara AdvaniVijay Devarakonda, Kiara Advani Instagram

Kabir Singh, which is an official remake of Telugu blockbuster Arjun Reddy directed by Sandeep Reddy Vanga, has been rewriting box office records in the domestic market. The movie crossed Rs 100 crore mark in just 5 days and now it is all set to cross Rs 150 crore mark on the 7th day of its release in theatres. And while Shahid Kapoor is getting praises from all corners, Arjun Reddy star Vijay Devarakonda has sent a special gift to the film's leading lady Kiara Advani for her brilliant performance.

Mightily impressed by Kiara's role in Kabir Singh, Vijay sent her clothes of his line as a token of love and appreciation for the success of the film. And Kiara, who was overwhelmed with joy, was all hearts for Vijay for his sweet gesture. "Thank youuu Arjun," Kiara wrote on Instagram.

Shahid Kapoor has scored his first solo century with Kabir Singh and the actor seems to have gripped the nation with his portrayal of self-destructive character.

The producers of Kabir Singh - Bhushan Kumar, Murad Khetani, Krishan Kumar and Ashwin Varde - are laughing their way to the banks with the commercial success of Kabir Singh. Murad shared that they initially planned to release the film in 2,500-2,800 screens pan India but "owing to the response we garnered in advance booking, we released the movie in 3,123 screens.

Kiara Advani

SakuraKakashi thumbnail

I got her insta story. He congratulated her for KS success. He didn't appreciate her work though😆. Man is shrewd. They seem to be friends. He must have sent it to Vijay too as he is also his friend

SakuraKakashi thumbnail

He just congratulated for her success. He didn't say anything about her work. He must have sent it to Vanga too as he personally knows them both.

A recent interview with Anupama Chopra in which Vanga seemed to condone violence in the name of love was harshly criticised on the internet. He later told Deccan Chronicle in aninterview, “I had to say what I had to say. And then they cut out portions of my comments.”

Deverakonda added that Vanga has been asking him to watch the film, but he won’t budge from his decision. He said, “I wanted the Hindi film to be a big hit, because Sandeep is my man. But unexpectedly, it became a blockbuster. Done. No more discussion there.”

I think it's idiotic of journalists to ask , if he had watched the movie . What were the journalists wanted him to answer that he watched the movie and they did better job than the original!🤣

I find Vijay kind of self obsessed though. 😆I have watched some of his interviews and he seems smug with all the attention he is getting. 

ffkhan thumbnail

Originally posted by: HummingBird12

He just congratulated for her success. He didn't say anything about her work. He must have sent it to Vanga too as he personally knows them both.

I think it's idiotic of journalists to ask , if he had watched the movie . What were the journalists wanted him to answer that he watched the movie and they did better job than the original!🤣

I find Vijay kind of self obsessed though. 😆I have watched some of his interviews and he seems smug with all the attention he is getting. 

Yeah actually I went through this article earlier too, so the journalist's words made me confused and I ended up thinking whether he was sending her bouquet after watching this film.🤣 
Anyways no one asked Vijay whether the makers had done a better job in the remake or not, so at least he could appreciate the film rather than bragging or stating that he didn't watch it. He is kinda self obsessed and all over himself indeed.