My Thoughts on the show

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

Hi there,

My name is Mandy ๐Ÿ˜Š TBH I had sworn off any Colors show given they tend to ruin the storyline or end it abruptly. Randomly I came across the promo of Vish and given Debina was making a comeback after a long time and the intriguing concept I thought of giving it a go. So far I like how they have kept the mystery factor intact. The story seems to be fast paced and crisp given how we have already seen a lot already even though we are not through ten episodes even. I am guessing this is a finite series and hope it remains that way. Coming to the characters, I liked Sabrina's entry but off late her character seems more annoying than menacing. All the unnecessary giggling can be done away with. She is a vishkanya whose body holds the poison of all the poisonous creatures. If they project her as a silly villain, the impact will be lost. Finally we saw the flashback and we saw a little bit of tashan between Visheli and Vishera and we also had a glimpse of Vishela. Thoroughly disappointed with the choice of actor for Vishela ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ Couldn't they get a decent actor for a guest appearance? I don't think the guy playing Mohit has much scope as an actor. Vishera should be a powerful player but for now he feels like a joker playing parlor tricks. If the makers do away with the typical theatrics shown in hindi shows the show will be much better.

For me the star of the show is Aditya aka Vishal Vasishtha โญ๏ธ He is fab and he has portrayed the varying shades of Aditya beautifully. The angst of seeing his brother in a helpless condition, the good hearted guy hiding behind the mask of a heartless casanova, his hatred and suspicion towards his bhabhi and finally his chemistry with the female lead Sana. I had seen Sana in Arjun and liked her back then. The actress is doing a good job but for now I am irked seeing her display all the common traits of a typical hindi tv heroine ๐Ÿ˜† Hopefully that changes soon but like how she is connecting the dots for now. And they also introduced the third wheel in this angle in the form of Shekhar. Hope he doesn't turn into a negative character but I am sure he is already head over heels for Aliya and when Aliya and Adi finally fall in love he might turn negative. Hope that is not the case but the actor is definitely good in playing psycho characters. Seen a very little bit of his acting in an &TV show. All in all not half as bad as the rest of the supernatural shows being aired on TV right now. Its quite refreshing and hope it gets better with time ๐Ÿ˜Š

I am done with my rant here ๐Ÿ˜† Please do share your thoughts as well. Would love to read them smiley1

P. S - Given how robust Colors is when it comes to promoting its new shows, I wonder why this show did not get the kind of publicity its other shows got esp Sitara and Tantra ๐Ÿ˜• 

Edited by BeyondHorizon - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Alpha_Aakash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Agreed they need to do away with comic Vish. She needs to stay bold sassy and villain vamp.

Overall a good late night thriller.

Dear10 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Your discrimination on Aditya's character is on point Vishal doing amazing job as adi ๐Ÿ˜Ž

But i like funny sabbo too๐Ÿ˜† 

Dear10 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Dear10

Your discrimination on Aditya's character is on point Vishal doing amazing job as adi ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Typo๐Ÿ˜ญ 

Aquabutterfly thumbnail

Hey Mandy,

I like how you've summarized the first 10 episodes of the show so well. I agree with almost all the points you've mentioned. And my comment is going to be long as well ๐Ÿคฃ

I hope Vish is a finite series because 99% of finite series maintain their quality until the end and don't lose the magic its first episode had created. I know if this is not a finite series, the show will drag on and create some nonsensical plots which will make it like the others.

Sabrina is a very sensuous and sassy villain. I like her modern look but yes, the giggling is too much to handle. She could use some more evil actions because all she's focusing on is finding the man with vishak mark and killing random people. There have been limited interactions of Vishera with Vishaili but it genuinely created an impact. I'm looking forward to their war. Vishera has an intriguing character and will reveal many secrets at least now that he has completely entered the story. Vishaila...I'm not going to say anything because you've already said what was on my mind. There are so many actors who could have done a great job at the cameo role.

Again, you've described Aditya so accurately that I'm not going to elaborate on it any further. He is my favourite character as well and Vishal, I have no words to praise his acting. *Sigh* no matter how much you try, you can never escape the typical female lead character  But now it seems that she has started realizing that Aditya is not behind the attacks and her focus is starting to shift. The two now share a cordial relationship and I like how they are trying to talk about the problem concerning Mohit. I'm waiting for their story to shape up amidst the suspense and suspicio, although it seems that it has already begun.

Shekhar might not be a negative character. The actor said that his character is positive and important to the storyline. He even said it's very different because until now he's only done negative characters and here he is not. I'm still rooting for him to remain a good friend of Aliya who helps her in solving the mystery of these murders.

Honestly, this is the first time I'm watching a supernatural show and I have high-expectations (I know that's a bad idea when it concerns ITV). Hopefully they won't be broken ๐Ÿ˜†

Even I'm surprised with how little promotion this show received as compared to others. Colors is going crazy promoting its other new shows on instagram but I barely see a post about Vish. Before the show even started, I only found out about it because of fan pages talking about it. It's very surprising that Colors is being biased ๐Ÿค”

Majnu_Bhai thumbnail

You reviewed very well.All the points are so correct.Liked it so far apart Aaliya's too much misunderstanding.Good that now that cleared & saved from farther dragging.And AdLiya is now like friends.

True to say, I came here for Sana but liking Vishal's acting & character than her.He's really a fabulous actor.

Regarding promotion, I also didn't get why we were given promo only before 5 days or 1 week.I knew about it for a long time.

cuteariya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I start to watch this show for Sana๐Ÿ˜ƒ

But Iโ€™m loving Sabrina Aditya alsoโค๏ธ

All the characters r doing great๐Ÿ‘

Not to forget Aditya & Aliya chemistry๐Ÿ”ฅ

But still I canโ€™t stop myself imagine shaleen with Sana in the show coz Iโ€™m die hard fan of shanaโค๏ธ

BeyondHorizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: Alpha_Ka_Gamma

Agreed they need to do away with comic Vish. She needs to stay bold sassy and villain vamp.

Overall a good late night thriller.

@bold - same here. For now its better than most supernatural shows airing on TV

BeyondHorizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dear10

No no ๐Ÿ˜† not being biased but that was an honest observation. Among all the lead characters I like Vishal's acting the best and its just my POV dear. Am sure everyone has theirs ๐Ÿ˜Š

A villain needs to be menacing with a touch of humour but Sabrina is acting silly at this point ๐Ÿ˜† A classic example I can think of is Heath Ledger's Joker in Dark Knight. His character had a twisted sense of humour which made it more menacing. I enjoy a good smart villain coz that pushes the hero/ heroine to push their own limits to defeat the villain. At this point its difficult to take Sabrina seriously as a villain ๐Ÿ˜›

BeyondHorizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aquabutterfly

Hey Mandy,

I like how you've summarized the first 10 episodes of the show so well. I agree with almost all the points you've mentioned. And my comment is going to be long as well ๐Ÿคฃ

I hope Vish is a finite series because 99% of finite series maintain their quality until the end and don't lose the magic its first episode had created. I know if this is not a finite series, the show will drag on and create some nonsensical plots which will make it like the others.

Sabrina is a very sensuous and sassy villain. I like her modern look but yes, the giggling is too much to handle. She could use some more evil actions because all she's focusing on is finding the man with vishak mark and killing random people. There have been limited interactions of Vishera with Vishaili but it genuinely created an impact. I'm looking forward to their war. Vishera has an intriguing character and will reveal many secrets at least now that he has completely entered the story. Vishaila...I'm not going to say anything because you've already said what was on my mind. There are so many actors who could have done a great job at the cameo role.

Again, you've described Aditya so accurately that I'm not going to elaborate on it any further. He is my favourite character as well and Vishal, I have no words to praise his acting. *Sigh* no matter how much you try, you can never escape the typical female lead character  But now it seems that she has started realizing that Aditya is not behind the attacks and her focus is starting to shift. The two now share a cordial relationship and I like how they are trying to talk about the problem concerning Mohit. I'm waiting for their story to shape up amidst the suspense and suspicio, although it seems that it has already begun.

Shekhar might not be a negative character. The actor said that his character is positive and important to the storyline. He even said it's very different because until now he's only done negative characters and here he is not. I'm still rooting for him to remain a good friend of Aliya who helps her in solving the mystery of these murders.

Honestly, this is the first time I'm watching a supernatural show and I have high-expectations (I know that's a bad idea when it concerns ITV). Hopefully they won't be broken ๐Ÿ˜†

Even I'm surprised with how little promotion this show received as compared to others. Colors is going crazy promoting its other new shows on instagram but I barely see a post about Vish. Before the show even started, I only found out about it because of fan pages talking about it. It's very surprising that Colors is being biased ๐Ÿค”

Thanks for the detailed comment ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I enjoy reading them a lot. I so badly want it to be a finite series because then the storyline is fixed and TRPs won't influence it too much to change story every now and then which ends up ruining the show. Sabrina has a sassy look but she should feel menacing and not silly. Have u seen Simone Singh in Ek Haseena Thi or Jennifer Winget in Beyhadh? The two of them made evil look so classy. I wanted Sabrina to have that impact and the guy they chose to play Vishela! I don't intend to demean the actor but from which angle does he look like he can be a match for Debina?  Krip Suri who plays Vishera is a decent actor too but I wish the maker was extracting their potential on screen. Make them menacing by their actions and expressions rather than OTT dialogues! That's my main complain at this point. Coming to Sana Vishal, both are promising actors who share an amazing chemistry. There hasn't been one show besides Ek Haseena Thi where I felt the heroine was smart. They are all dumb as hell! I wonder if the makers of hindi shows have problem with women in general ๐Ÿคฃ Hope Shekhar stays positive and doesn't develop a romantic interest in Aliya. Seen that a gazillion times in almost all the shows. 

I am a huge fan of supernatural shows but the only one that could hold my interest was a show called Pyaar Ki Yeh Ek Kahaani which aired on Star One a long time ago. Till now I haven't come across a show that comes close to that in that genre. But to be honest, even that show was screwed a bit. In terms of storytelling, a couple of things did not make sense whatsoever. The star cast, the pace of story telling was excellent there. I doubt if Vish will can match that show but even if it can come close to 50% as good it was, I am OK with it.

The fact that no one spoke of Vish was surprising to me. There were no articles, no promos being aired. Take Colors new show Choti Sardarni. Its being promoted so well but Vish did not even get a mention.