aalochak thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

So some of the old timers will know how much I LOVE Ramanand Sagars' serials. What made them magical was the background devotional music. I often found myself humming those tunes at so many points in my life. My biggest criticism of the current televised epics is that the emphasis on devotional music is completely gone. There may be an unmelodic, almost-piece recitation of a mantra blasting with beats (a la Ekta Kapoor style), or a rehash of a the same tune over and over (like they do on Vighnaharta Ganesh, or the repeated chaupai tune on SIya ke Ram). The lack of creativity in music is what turns me off the modern serials. 

Having said that, I really enjoyed the Ganesh song Shrimad Bhagwat serial played at the Pratham Pujya scene. It was very melodic and reminded me of the good days. I though though that it was downplayed a little. So I hope this serial continues to create devotional music pieces and play them .

Those that are old and gold...

What are your favourite music pieces for the current scenes, reminiscing older tracks?

WHEN ANGRY PARVATI TURNS INTO KALI (Maa Navdurga He Maa shakti - Om Namah Shivay serial - see it at the 8:00 mark!).   https://youtu.be/qJCUSRiiZek?t=459  

GANESH PRATAM PUJYA SCENE: Jai Jai mangalmurti Ganesh (Also from Dheeraj Kumar's Om Namah Shivay)

Edited by aalochak - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

My favorite bhakti song shree raghuveer ko pehaao jai mala play in ramanand  sagar Ramayana

And other favorite background devotional song which was play when meghnad  and laxman fighting in ramanand  sagar ramayan

RainFire125 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I like the songs of Shree Krishna of Ramanand Sagar, mainly the Abhisarika song. I also loved the theme of B R Chopra's Mahabharat. These shows and the songs in them were jems. There might be deviation in the story a bit but the characters were not distorted atleast. I can still watch Mahabharat even now.