Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kala16 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: kala16

I think this show is not for online audience. But for TRP audience to accept they hv to show faceoff between good and evil. But here the antagonist is not evil but grey. 

I think that's why trp audience are not able to make connect with the storyline as they are not used to this kind of shows.

I think the show has lot of potential. I like the way the episodes are written without any dragging.

LiveLifeHonest thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRKisLove

There is something....missing here. 

I dunno maybe the typical romance? 

I think they should give the usual kinda scenes they give to every couple in every show. Like having watched so many shows, I can safely say there is really no originality left in romance in ITV. Its only couple chemistry that makes it different. I guess they should try the tropes with YaBir? 

I liked last week episodes. But this week seems boring till now. 

I don't want it to be kavya v/s Jahnvi. Its just too boring. Kavya is an orphan too, right? It will be nice if she hates PK too. 

IMO it would be interesting to show Jahnvi's past and bring up Kabir and Vyom's secret. 

By Jahnvi's past, I mean, how she got this position in Mittal family. There is a lot to reveal here, so I am hoping they reveal it as it progresses. 

It has nothing to do with romance. I did not bring up the romance element at all. It has everything to do with the thrill element. The show is severely lacking in any thrill, which makes it boring. I’m sorry to bring up another show but I had to make my point. Ek Hasina Thi was one of the best thriller shows on ITV in the past years. There was not much romance unless you term Durga- Shaurya’s creepy equation as romance. And the TRP audience does not watch shows for romance. 

The problem with the show is that there isn’t much mystery. The show lacks sufficient grey characters as well. The makers could have easily countered it by not revealing who the antagonist is and leave the audience wondering who is the mystery person that is trying to harm the family. Or have a few grey characters in the serial and have them battle against each other or not reveal much of Janhvi’s characterisation and plans by focusing more on the protagonist's POV for now. Which was what the original show did.

I'm sorry for bringing up the original show, but I had to point out why the old show was more successful in terms of execution. The show initially focused more on the protagonist and all the family members' stories were individually covered. Abirami's (whom was the equivalent of Janhvi) POV was not focused much on initially. The narrative was from the protagonist's POV so there was an element of surprise as Abirami's grey shades were slowly brought out. Moreover, not much of Abirami's past was revealed so the audience was hooked onto finding out what was her background that made her evil. It used to be such a big mystery those days that reeled the audience in. As Abirami's truth was discovered, the focus shifted more to her POV. Here a substantial chunk of Janhvi's past is already revealed and Janhvi's evil plans are much more clear, eliminating the surprise element. And they could have modified Janhvi's past and made it unique from the original Abirami's.

Looking at the direction the show is going, it seems almost obvious that it is going to be grey-shaded Janhvi against white-shaded Kabir and Kavya and with there being a huge focus on Jahnvi's POV, even her plans aren't going to be a big mystery. Such an angle is already predominant in other saas-bahu shows with the protagonist and antagonist battling it out, which strips the show of uniqueness and thrill. That is the main problem with the serial, not romance.

LiveLifeHonest thumbnail

Originally posted by: sammy17

I do heavily agree with you. There needs to be an extra thrill/ shock factor to this show. This show seemingly dips it's toes into it, then quite quickly backs away when anything interesting and thrilling is shown. I feel they should not have made kavya the typical want-to-win-everyone's-heart type of bahu. I feel like they should have done something different with her too, maybe show that like jhanvi, kavya too has a past to do with PK and wants revenge, with both of them playing games not only with PK but also with one another not knowing they both are after PK and then both of them getting suspicious that there is someone else other than themselves who is playing a game with PK and the family. Kabir could be the one who gets ultra suspicious of someone going after his family and investigating. Maybe they shouldn't have copied the original show this much and just took the base premise. 

That would have been a better plotline. As for copying from the original show, the original show had much more mystery than this show to be honest. The problem is they copied the original show but modified it such that most of the mystery elements in the original show were removed. But I agree with you they should have taken the base premise, modify it and infuse with more mystery elements than the original. 

Sparklingstar22 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: LiveLifeHonest

The problem with the show is that there isn’t much mystery. The show lacks sufficient grey characters as well. The makers could have easily countered it by not revealing who the antagonist is and leave the audience wondering who is the mystery person that is trying to harm the family. Or have a few grey characters in the serial and have them battle against each other or not reveal much of Janhvi’s characterisation and plans by focusing more on the protagonist's POV for now. Which was what the original show did.

Looking at the direction the show is going, it seems almost obvious that it is going to be grey-shaded Janhvi against white-shaded Kabir and Kavya and with there being a huge focus on Jahnvi's POV, even her plans aren't going to be a big mystery. Such an angle is already predominant in other saas-bahu shows with the protagonist and antagonist battling it out, which strips the show of uniqueness and thrill. That is the main problem with the serial, not romance.

Very true. The mystery element is lacking here. People shouldn't have known about Jhanvi from the beginning. It would have been best if they could have shown mysterious happenings in the house..... then they could have allowed even the audience to think that Jhanvi is an ideal bahu....Then they could have shown Kavir Kavya thing on how Kavya is adjusting with the family and how Jhanvi is supporting her.... Later when she would have started doubting her, the audience would have felt how is it possible, ....and when she gets proofs then people would have wanted to know Jhanvi's reason.

What I mean to say is that the audience along with the other family members should have been kept in the dark. That might have intensified the mystery and thrill element of the show. 

Here audience knows who is the culprit, and why she is doing this. So there is no mystery there and thus no thrill.

Koel100 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

It's the writing which isn't making sense & it's a very serious issue given the show is just in it's fourth week & already writing has been all over place's.

Since the show was promoted why Jhanvi wants badla why did have makers to rush with her past & reveal everything except for few things here & there which is easily predicable. Jhanvi has been shown as the extreme shade of grey & the only sympathizing factor is her past,which isn't a great thing. Makers need to get their things together & workout on every character & the sloppy writing

khatimeethi thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail

Agree,  I  cant  believe  they  had  such good  original  show  in  tamil  which  created  waves  and  was  big  success  being  ruined  in  hindi

The  show  should  never  have  revealed  the  mysterious  past  so  soon  within  a  month  

Now  there  is  no  suspense  at all  and  no  other  actor  has  anything  more  to  do  in show  which  is  making  show  monotonous

Sumita18 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

People will always find something missing 😆 its normal...

its only third week and audience cannot  get answer for all the queries they have ...

I think show is going good , majority are not liking it because its not a love story  or couple romance , .. falling and catching rain dancing FL Crying ..Forced Shadi... too many shaadi Gul style  etc etc ...Majorly Online Audience cannot see Strong FL ..

Edited by Sumita18 - 5 years ago
LiveLifeHonest thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sumita18

People will always find something missing 😆 its normal...

its only third week and audience cannot  get answer for all the queries they have ...

I think show is going good , majority are not liking it because its not a love story  or couple romance , .. falling and catching rain dancing FL Crying ..Forced Shadi... too many shaadi Gul style  etc etc ...Majorly Online Audience cannot see Strong FL ..

Honestly, please stop generalising the online audience. When did anyone here talk about romance? No one here complained about the lack of romance. Find  one person who complained about romance in this post. People here are complaining about the lack of thrill. The show was promoted as a family drama with mystery elements and it is being criticised because it has failed to deliver what it promised. It is the 3rd week and the problem isn't that the audience isn't  getting answers for all their queries. But that they have no queries since everything is already laid out already, killing the mystery element.

And I admit that there is a chunk of the online audience who likes GK type of romance shows. But they clearly won't watch this show unless they are interested in the concept. But don't forget that there is another chunk of audience. The people here who are watching are those who were attracted by the concept but are giving criticism as the show has failed to deliver. And as for strong FLs, don't forget it was the same online audience that accepted and made Beyhadh's Maya and Prithvi Vallabh's Mrinal popular. People are not criticising because the show has a strong FL, but the fact that the show has not been developed well enough and has failed in terms of actualising its concept.

Sumita18 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: LiveLifeHonest

Honestly, please stop generalising the online audience. When did anyone here talk about romance? No one here complained about the lack of romance. Find  one person who complained about romance in this post. People here are complaining about the lack of thrill. The show was promoted as a family drama with mystery elements and it is being criticised because it has failed to deliver what it promised. It is the 3rd week and the problem isn't that the audience isn't  getting answers for all their queries. But that they have no queries since everything is already laid out already, killing the mystery element.

And I admit that there is a chunk of the online audience who likes GK type of romance shows. But they clearly won't watch this show unless they are interested in the concept. But don't forget that there is another chunk of audience. The people here who are watching are those who were attracted by the concept but are giving criticism as the show has failed to deliver. And as for strong FLs, don't forget it was the same online audience that accepted and made Beyhadh's Maya and Prithvi Vallabh's Mrinal popular. People are not criticising because the show has a strong FL, but the fact that the show has not been developed well enough and has failed in terms of actualising its concept.

I said majorly 😆 and you cant tell me what to say or what not to say ..

I am not forcing you to agree with me...Its my pov ...

Edited by Sumita18 - 5 years ago
LiveLifeHonest thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sumita18

I said majorly 😆 and you cant tell me what to say or what not to say ..

I am not forcing you to agree with me...Its my pov ...

I disagree with that. A good thriller show/movie will always attract online audience, even with no romance. Ek Hasina Thi neither had much romance nor was it remembered for its romance. People were attracted to the thriller aspect. And secondly, I didn't tell you not to say anything but to stop generalising the online audience. I had clearly talked about the lack of thrill in this post and I don't get why romance is being brought in?