Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago

Can you tell me how can I change my user name?

Shamz94 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: WaveTeal

Yes my dear...There is..Instead of code simply try CTRL+B as we always do in any text editor.

If you are on phone then click on the B icon on the text editor after selecting the text you want to bold/highlight.

๐Ÿ˜Š Let me know if it helps.

Thatโ€™s always worked for me thank you

Shamz94 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Also just wanted to find out have they made a new thread on what other things they need to sorted out as the old one is closed now

Octothorpe thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 3

Great initiative๐Ÿ‘

Btw, can you help me in adding a forum in 'My Forum'

Edit : Got it. ๐Ÿ˜†

Savera84 thumbnail

@WaveTeal, Thanks for all the information. I will forward this link to my writer friend and see what she can do.

One more question. Can anybody post an 8000 plus word comment or only the topic maker? I tried posting this update on my friend's thread and I was also unsuccessful.

Cheers........

Originally posted by: Savera84

@WaveTeal, Thanks for all the information. I will forward this link to my writer friend and see what she can do.

One more question. Can anybody post an 8000 plus word comment or only the topic maker? I tried posting this update on my friend's thread and I was also unsuccessful.

Cheers........

Please limit the post to 8000 characters only. If it is more move it to another post.

Else if its too long for a single post and will slow down user devices who are on that topic.

As many users are not using the latest mobile phones and a text heavy page will take more time to load and will use more memory on the user's device.

WaveTeal thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Octothorpe

Great initiative๐Ÿ‘

Btw, can you help me in adding a forum in 'My Forum'

Edit : Got it. ๐Ÿ˜†

To add a forum in your favorite list & Quickly find it โ–ถ

Press the heart-shaped button >> Follow and you will see a popup indicating that forum has been added to your favorites.

You can find any forum you follow very quickly on the top profile menu >> Click My forums and select your favorite forum from the list>> It will redirect you to your favorite forum

Glad it worked for your dear & Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜Š

WaveTeal thumbnail

Originally posted by: Savera84

Cheers........

Anybody can post as I have tested that in other thread aforementioned..

However, it's really not wise to post 8k words...The example I posted here was just to show you that Indiaforums is capable of letting us post even huge posts so a mere 2k word post shouldn't be a problem...

I have always posted my updates split in half around 1500 to 1700 words max per post, so that the mobile users have no issues while scrolling through the updates.

Thanks for your patience & will look forward if your friend can post her updates now. ๐Ÿ™

WaveTeal thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

Please limit the post to 8000 characters only. If it is more move it to another post.

Else if its too long for a single post and will slow down user devices who are on that topic.

As many users are not using the latest mobile phones and a text heavy page will take more time to load and will use more memory on the user's device.

Not only that, it's very hard to scroll...Especially on mobile devices.
WaveTeal thumbnail

Originally posted by: Deadinside

I like how enthusiastically you explain things and help others in real sense. It's good initiative by you. Never seen it since long. If i were admin, i would have hired you as members service executive. ๐Ÿ˜ kidding. I really appreciate amount of efforts you have been doing in helping others since the day one. it is so commendable. ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks to If team for the encouragement to post this...I am truly grateful for your kind words. It's just that this migration happened for our own good & I want every one of us to have the same lovely hassle free experience. If one person gets their issue solved by this very basic tutorial then would be glad. ๐Ÿ™