Advice from judges

Jeshwant thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Finally someone said it on an Indian television show!

On the yesterdays show after Rupsa and Nishant's performance, Anurag Basu said that these days western dancing is dominating Indian (dancing) television shows and that people don't realise what our dharohar is.

Aur main iss baat se bilkul sehmat hoon!

Why do we always see western dancing in Indian dancing shows? Be it Dance Plus, Dance India Dance or a show like Super Dancer? Always the same locking, popping, break dancing, contemporary etc..

In western countries, Indians are proud of our dharohar'. We dance our heart out with dances like Bharat Natyam, Kathak etc.. but in the country where those dance have their origin, people are forgetting it.

I am glad that the few people whom are showing these dance forms on these platforms do justice to it!

So, I wanna ask you all: why is this happening? Where is our folk madness? Our classical dancing?
😲

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Well said. πŸ‘πŸΌ Totally agree with you 
Not only dance shows but for other reality shows also, the question I always ask myself is when these indian reality shows are indian versions of western shows, why do these indian shows have contestants rona dhona stories thrown in??  Western shows don't have this content, contestants come on stage and perform, the judges criticise and priase. That's it. 

sweetzzz thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
The irony is, that the same panel of judges have evicted devika who is a classical dancer and a representative of Indian dance form. Atleast in dance plus, they let Srirama Natya Niketan stay till top 8 but here, devika was the second one to be eliminated. 

I agree that these shows should promote Indian classical more so they bring awareness about the beauty of Indian dance forms, where they fail miserably.
sweetzzz thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ms.S.K.

Well said.  πŸ‘πŸΌ Totally agree with you 

Not only dance shows but for other reality shows also, the question I always ask myself is when these indian reality shows are indian versions of western shows, why do these indian shows have contestants rona dhona stories thrown in??  Western shows don't have this content, contestants come on stage and perform, the judges criticise and priase. That's it. 

Exactly! In Indian shows, art takes a back bench over the sob stories unfortunately.

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Agree with you completely. These days street dancing, hip hop, bee boing, crumping etc are given more preference over classical dance. 

It’s the same case in USA ballroom & Latin classical dancing is not given higher scores they deserve. Street dancing with tricks are gaining more popularity & higher scores by judges. 

American shows have been following indian format of bringing sob stories and drama-nautanki.

Edited by Dabulls23 - 4 years ago