Word Count: 0

Kuki715 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Sandhya.A

EPISODE -30

PART - 2

In the Mansabdar's office chamber

The tightly closed doors and windows could barely manage to muffle the sounds of the festivities. The aroma of delicacies, the chatter and laughter of the guests and inmates was a distinct contrast to the solemn silence that pervaded the room.

>>>Khulasa time😲

Saira looked defeated and angry at the same time and standing between the robust Sayyid and agile Azeez she had not the slightest chance to attempt any escape or attack.

Lana was aghast seeing the parcel that she had herself locked in her safe lying on the table, the euphoria of her recent ride abated. Looking equally petrified was her best friend standing beside her clinging on to her arms. She had snatched it from Jaswant and handed it over to the culprit. In these very rooms the Mansabdar had been very understanding once a few days ago. But will he be again? Was her folly grave? Will he punish her now! No he wont. Not today. Her Rakhi was still sparkling around his wrists...she prayed hard to every God and Goddess she remembered.

>>>Chellam di😒... I can so visualize this 😆

Heera was distinctly upset at Saira's betrayal. Lashy looked across alternatively at Ibrahim Mirza and her cousin, both of whom probably had answers for the many questions that pervaded the minds of everyone present in the room then.

"Well, i admit that your behavior did direct our suspicions towards you Jaswant Sahib initially, but when we checked on your credentials and background which were both excellent, we decided to be open to other possibilities as well." he addressed the builder who looked distinctly uncomfortable.

"Well i didn't mean to, ...i mean...it was another issue altogether...i guessed something amiss only on the day the spy messenger was caught, rather about to be caught. But i decided that it was none of my business and i needn't care. But your excellent nature and your benevolence to those under your protection and the genuine care you and your Sahiba bestow on those around you...i am indebted to you Mansabdar Sahib...i wanted to repay... ..when i knew that this girl is the culprit..." the builder spoke at length to be intercepted by the Mansabdar.

>>>Hayoo he wans't at all involved😲

"How did you learn that?"

"Well, i knew that the kejiri leaf, the eagle with spread out wings were all symbols on the seals of minor importance of Manswar and hence not as popular as their popular emblem, the elephant... being a builder i was aware of the general details and recently i made it a study... of symbols and tattoos... "

>>>Hmmm. . .

"Yes, you had underlined it in your book and Lashy's friend brought it to her notice... and Lashy alerted us."

"She saw my book...?" Jaswant looked stunned.

"Unless i am much mistaken you also attempted to look into our books..."

Jaswant would have hidden himself a hundred feet below the earth at that moment. His voice was low and apolegetic as he muttered..." I apologise Sahib. i should have known better... i didnt know if i could... trust...you"

>>>Nothing misses from our Ustaad's shape eyes, Jassi miyaan😎

"We'll discuss your issue later. Go on with how you learnt of Saira's betrayal."

"My friend...", he looked up hopefully at Kalgiakka and continued. "
>>>😆
Well, she gave me the ring with the eagle sign that was supposedly lying outside the wall of the haveli near the stables. i had it with me. And one day as i was about to enter the haveli this girl (pointing to Saira) bumped against me and the ring fell out of my pocket. She immediately exclaimed...'Are you employed by Kunwarsa as well...you could have told me...' and seeing me confused she backtracked and tried to make up a story for her words. But i was not convinced. I didnt care so...i left it as it was..."

>>>Ooh! So she bumped into him that day😲

The entire assembly was listening in rapt attention as he continued...

>>>Me too

"By then i was of your goodness and witnessed myself... my conscience would have killed me had i continued to be indifferent... this morning i saw her add something to a special goblet...well the carvings...i guessed it must be yours...i poured it out and replaced another...i saw her slip out...she dropped a key that resembled the one i saw in Lana Sahiba's mansion...and hastily hid it. I guessed where she was heading to. I decided to take the short route that i had learnt from my friend..."

He looked up at Kalgiakka again and she still looked like in a shocked trance.

>>>This looking thing is 🤣

"But Saira was too quick for me. She came out with the parcel which i wrested from her causing diversions..."

"Any your FRIEND wrested it back from you and gave it to the lady." Khan Sahib smiled stressing on the 'friend'.

>>>He knows too😆

Kalgiakka wished she knew how to apparate as they did in the fairy tales that she and Lana read together.

>>>🤣

"But how did she get a duplicate of my key" Lana Sahiba interjected.

"Obviously they have a spy at your place as well. Perhaps after the recent incident at Kishen's place. They would have bugged my aquaintances as well."

"But who is it...well three of my staff are recent additions..."

"Its not very difficult to zero in Sahiba. We'll help you there. If she will not tell us we have other methods. When Azeez told us about the spy in the haveli we checked on the backgrounds of every staff especially new ones and had four of them on close watch. Two, we ruled out after some time. And two more were followed till now. Saira is friendly with a couple of your staff Lana Sahiba. It shouldn't be very difficult.

And this morning Azeez saw her mix something in the goblet and Jaswant Sahib switch goblets. The drinks were tested and we understood that Jaswant Sahib was in the clear.

>>>Mere Prannath ke nirale karname☺️

We were caught up at the celebrations and the girl gave the boy on her trail a slip. So Ibrahim and i decided to follow up and ...well she was caught red handed."

"And i trusted her. Found her sweet and friendly and made her stay IN the haveli..." Heera's soft voice sounded hurt.

>>>My sweet Heera😭

"Well, it happens Begum Sahiba. Dont let her affect your festive spirit today. She shall be...well, after we get any useful information from her."

Sayyid led Saira away from the room who showed no sign of remorse and continued her defiant stare as she left.

Turning to Lana and Kalgiakka he added,
"Well, hope neither of you are in a self-accusatory mode like my begum. We'll have to join the guests before they miss us any longer."

"Does that mean...You have forgiven me...again Sahib" Kalgiakka was almost in sobs.

>>>Aww🤗

"Forgive? I didn't find you at fault at all sister." he smiled. You may both join the dinner below. We'll need a few more minutes with Jaswant Sahib and we'll join you all too." He smiled.

>>>Kalgiakka cheer up now🥳

And a few moments later, turning to Jaswant, he continued...

"Could we have your story now Sahib! Inspite of being a reputed builder from a reputed family why did you behave weirdly? Why did you barge into our documents room? We found a thread from your clothing beneath the balcony of our documents room. Why did you make discreet enquiries about me and my staff? its just family here and you may feel at ease."

"Forgive me Mansabdar Sahib. I didnt know you well enough initially..."

>>>OMG! This look was for Mansahdar😲.. Who would have thought 🤣

Down at dinner hall

Maharaj Kakasa's sweets were a huge hit as always. Lana and Kalgiakka joined the guests and the aroma of the spread varieties eased away any remaining worries that was already wiped off by the Mansabdar's smile.

"Truly he is wonderful Lana. I thought he would hang me for my folly." Kalgiakka said as she gobbled one laddu whole.

"Thats why he's been my favourite. And i rode with him on Bahadur today...it was my dream come true..."

>>>Jivan Safal 😆

"But he is married..."

"Of course he is. i know that. But that builder gentlemen is not. " She was helping herself to generous helpings of dal bati churma. The dripping ghee, the spicy dal and the sweet churma restored her euphoria that had dipped at the sight of the parcel.

>>>Kuki.. Continue reading 😭

"My opinion of him has oscillated between both extremes...i really need some time now. Are you going to continue to work with Mansabdar Sahib... though he is...beyond your reach"

"He has always been beyond my reach. But he shall always remain my favourite text book hero. i know he wouldn't trust me enough to give me classified assignments now but i'm happy that he he trusts me enough that he didn't question my honesty."

Elsewhere Rashmi was equally euphoric.

>>>And Kuki equally sad😒

"I spoke to Azeez. He said he'll teach me his aiming skills and general weaponry. I'll request Heera that i stay here for a few months...hey Rekha...this fried rice is as good as the one you made last time...and both of you remember to send some special lehengas of mine when you get home. I may need them"

>>>Kya se kya hogyaaa

"What for? For practicing archery?" Vathsy interposed.

"There may be special occassions na...like this. That girl Manu...over there in yellow dress, she's also going to stay over here to learn some more cooking."

>>>Atleast Manu di's there I'll share dukh with her😭

Across the table the girl with golden hair sat staring at her plate looked all cross.

>>>Sandy dii😡

A little further

Lavanya stood across the twin paintings of the sisters at the hallways and smiled as words came flowing in her mind as her eyes rested on the elder one.

"Khan Sahib ne taqreeban bhar di hai Durga Sahiba, aapki kami yahan
Par jo jagah khali chod gayi aap hamare dil mein, woh bharta hai kahan"

>>>Uff❤️👏

Near the stairs

Hari and Wishu were on a teasing spree...

"James, so soon you have made somany sisters."

"So what, as long as Harka Sahiba doesn't call mw bro, i'm fine."

>>>waah! 😆

Near them a trio was busy in happy chatter too.

"Selvi di, are you going to paint all of us?"

" Parnagarh has introduced me to so many charming people and places Bindup. Wonder how many months or years i may need to put them all on canvas. How do you like it here Tania?"

"I simply love it here di"

At another end of the hall

"Err...you are Rose Ma'am, arent you? i have seen you at Aidabad. i didn't recognize you at first...well i am Bond. Well, i mean Bindu. Sayyid Sahib's fiance. "

"So nice to see you. And has your Sahib too vanished into thin air suddenly? Get used to the endless waiting girl." Rose laughed.

>>>🤣

" Well, i WAS looking for him, but i am used to his vanishing acts. Looks like Azeez's girl is not. Look over there, she is looking all cross."

"Lets go over and give her some company and cheer her up."

>>>Thankyou🤗🤗

The chatters banters fun and frolic was all around the haveli that day.

PART - 3

in the Mansabdar's office chamber

'Well Khan Sahib. I shall explain myself. Along with the canal assignment i came here in search of my brother."

Khan Sahib raised his brows questioningly. Jaswant continued. "My father as you know was a reputed builder. He once fired a bad worker and to exact revenge he stole my little brother who was just two years old then. We searched for him everywhere but couldn't find them. A few years later we recieved a note from the man that he was dying and had a change of heart and my brother was with a horse merchant at Aidabad. My father rushed there and made enquiries. From what he learnt the crook had illtreated a little boy till three years ago when he was rescued by a horse merchant who took him in his fold. He came there to meet you. "

"I dont remember meeting him. "

"The meeting never took place. My father was made to sit in an outer room. In his eagerness to meet his son he crept inside when he overheard your talks with your men, about impersonating, planting false evidences and secret plans. He walked off without meeting you. He didn't trust you and thought you were a crook yourself. An orthodox man, he didnt want any body else walking into our household in the place of my brother and claiming its name and wealth.

Now, all of us in our family have this symbol of Chatri tattooed on our upper hands. "

"Afzal..." Khan Sahib whispered. Lashy and Ibrahim exchanged looks again. Heera was in rapt attention.

" Yes Sahib. Afzal. I learnt it just this morning when i saw in on his hands as he was serving drinks. Even then, I asked my father why not use it as an identification and find him from your men. He said that it was afterall a tattoo and could easily be copied. You and your work sounded shady and that you are not to be trusted with. He tried other means to discteetly find out but failed.

So now when this canal building assignment came up, i used it as a chance to find out. i promised my father that i will not reveal anything about the tattoo till i saw it myself personally for if copied there was no other means to identify him.

i made enquiries from the people here and tried to be as discreet as i could. Spoke about different tattoos in general hoping that someone would say they saw a chatri in the hands of a boy here. i then learnt that you kept a record of all your staff, the dates they joined and left you and identity marks on them etc. i thought that would offer the solution to my search. And made my way there. But both of your entry made me hide under the balcony. Again i overheard words like 'producing copies/duplicates...misleading etc and the little trust i had begun to develop on you plummeted.

i am a little timid by nature and admire bravery and fearlessness. i just couldn't summon the courage to try anything like that again. I simply waited hoping i would get lucky. 'Twas this morning that i did...i saw the tattoo on his arms and spoke to him. What he told me matched with the details we already had. He was all in praise of you and your kindness Sahib. I had also witnessed your goodness during these days and from the enquiries i made. I requested him to come over to my chamber in the evening for more clarification but all this happened and..."

>>>So this is his story😲.. Brilliant Sandy di..👏⭐️👏 How cleverly you misled us with clues that made us doubt him but fit so perfectly here... His spying, those tattoos, enquiries.. Everything ⭐️

"Well...Ibrahim...take Jaswant Sahib to our records room and show him Afzal's record. That he had the tattoo on his hands the day we took him in and Jaswant Sahib we are all right here and have no time to manipulate the records." Akbar smiled.

"You embarrass me Khan Sahib. Now my trust in you is firm. Your word alone would do."

"Still i insist that you see it for yourself to wipe away even the residual doubts if any. And let me add...your brother is a wonderful boy. His actual name?"

"Aditya Sahib"

>>>My kutty brother

Ibrahim and Jaswant left leaving Lashy and Azeez with the Master and Mistress of the haveli.

"Azeez whats wrong with my dear cousin. From the formidable Ustaad and Cynical horse trader he has morphed into an epitome of benevolence and kindnes." She chuckled.

"It was always there Lashy Sahiba, but concealed beneath the many layers of rigidity and resistance. Our Sahiba's magic has melted away the hardness..."

>>>His brazen attitude❤️.. Ok.. Lashy di's too😆

"Azeez lets scoot..." Lashy pulled him aside to dodge a flying vase and rushed down to the dinner hall.

>>>🤣

A few days later

The haveli was again busy and cheerful, not due to the presence of a bevy of beauties but just one elderly lady who exuded so much cheer and vivacity. Heera simply loved her. So did Lana and Kalgiakka and Kuki who dropped by.

"Jaswant Sahib, when you told me that your grandmother, Saraswati Sahiba is coming to fetch you both, i thought you shouldn't have troubled an elderly lady. But after meeting her i could say she is just fifteen years old and sometimes even five. You would bring her again when you come back for the works na?"

>>>The much awaited entry.🥳.. Perfectly described her❤️... Lucky Jaswant 😳

"And remember to bring to bring your 7brother too Sahib." chipped in Azeez. " My Sahiba is upset since Rakshabandhan day, probably 'cos she'll miss him."

>>>My Sahib.. Did you All hear that... Prannath

"Oh didi! Dont be sad. I'll certainly come back to meet you, Sahib and Sahiba. And you'll make Kachoris for me, wont you?"

"Of course boy. i will. " Kuki smiled. "

>>>Yes! Kutty😭🤗🤗

And my pan will tell you why i am truly upset Shah Sahib" she thought to herself.

>>>Oh yes! I was supposed to be angry 😲

Heera and Khan Sahib bid them farewell...as Heera said.

"I'm glad that you've found your brother at Parnagarh." she smiled.

"Not just a brother." Jaswant looked up at a red faced Kalgiakka whom his grandmother seemed to be very approving of.

>>>The mystery of red faced😆

Parnagarh was resplendent in its bright morning shades as the inmates of the haveli bid goodbye to the trio.

Khan Sahib and his Sahiba watched them leave from the balcony and together they complemented the charm of the place and completed the picture of perfection.

Aww... This was phenomenal di...you did it 🥳... Tying all loose ends with a clean, neat bow 👏 👏
Kuki715 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ifakdha

Yes its because of them we are here

Hmm

Your new dp
Kuki715 thumbnail

Originally posted by: selvi1275

I'm Happy you all enjoyed the pictures...Thank you Periyamma, Kal, Manu, Rose, Wishu, Cookie, and Bindu..... 😊

My Father even made an AV on the Temple...which he presented in NCERT Training in Delhi Back in 1985, I think...so we've even have Pictures from early 80s...he got awarded for it...
Every year, during Festivals, he took pictures in Meenakshi temple and also of Kallazhagar...Infact, after him, his pictures were put up in markets by the photo studios... we came to know about it later...

Even today, my father's pictures rule...😊

Of course👍🏼... Uncle is awesome and his achievements⭐️ Now we know the secret behind your amazing photos.😉😆.. Like father like daughter 👏👏
Kuki715 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ifakdha

The pan master herself is fearing from pan 😆

Yes! When handle is not in my hand😒
lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: selvi1275

When I visited Meenakshi Temple in December, some of you had wanted pictures...and I took some and some collected from my Father's when I visited this time... 😊

Since I'm deleting pictures to recover storage space...I thought I'd post it now... Hope you're interested in what I'm posting...

The Temple Tank...a rectangular one...and in opposite corner is the sanctum sanctoram (SS) of Godess Meenakshi... And in this tank was the Famous Thirukkural dropped when poets at court dismissed it

The southern Tower...the tallest one ... from the steps of temple tank

You can see the figurines...this is the southern tower...

This is the corridor surrounding the Temple tank... Behind me is the entrance to Second corridor Godess Meenakshi shrine...

The Flag post (Dwajasthambam) mandapam...this is right in front of entrance first corridor to Lord Sundareshwara shrine... so this is in the second corridor of Swami shrine...

The red arrow indicates the entrance to swami shrine...and green arrow shows the Nandi...
Surrounded by 8 pillars...has Exquisite statues of Lord Shiva in his different forms...

This is the second corridor of the Lord's SS... and there are two connection between the two second corridors of the Lord and Godess... Both are in this corridor...all these are rectangular in shape...

You can see this iin first corridor of Swami shrine...This is the wall of Sanctum Sanctoram... you can find 8 such white Elephants... and the roof of The Lord's SS is supposed to be resting on these elephants...

The Eastern tower at background... before that Nandi is the Pudhu(New) Mandapam...This was built by the Nayak kings... they wanted to expand the temple...at the fore ground you can see base of temple tower... They couldn't finish it

The Golden lotus in the Temple tank...actually the tank is called Golden Lotus tank... when the Tamil Sangam rejected the Thirukkural, it was dropped into this tank...for the Lord to make a decision... And then a Golden lotus had come up from the tank with The Thirukkural in it...

Girls...I hope I've not bored you...

The temple of the Goddess in its full glory, Selvi! I am chuffed by the e-tour..I still do remember the time I visited the place though it was years ago, despite my less-than-stellar memory track record! That was how imposing it was... you have brought it all live with this set of clear photographs and explanations to go along with it...
thanks a ton! 🤗
And I can sense the emotions in your touching para about your father's flair with the lens - the one from whom you derived your passion for photography. (if I remember rightly?) The info about his awards and that his photos were sold in collector's shops is something I didn't know... kudos uncle... 👏

Love you for this, Selvi🤗!
Edited by lashy - 5 years ago
lashy thumbnail

Originally posted by: roseraja1915

Extremely impressive , Wishu!👏

>>>😆 😆 Nice back rub for Akbar!🤣

I've seen this four times and I still find myself giggling.. so cute it is... especially when taken in context!😆

lashy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Testmytest

As promised two more, first one is 1/4 size of the previous ones I posted.

Here you can see how it is cut and inserted in through the other cut sheet. I am still working on it though, as you can see. Time consuming part is the precision cut by the scissors. This specific one is giving me a hard time, hence not finished. Mood is also important!

Oh my word😲 what in God's name is this work of art? I have never come across something like this before... or maybe I have, and I am not able to recognise it🤔

Paper, did you say? Is this weaved from long equally measured-out shredded bits of paper? In contrasting colours to weave them into unique patterns? This reminds me of bamboo work - the stuff that is used to make placemats and the sort. Why, even that seems easier than this. 😲😕

Rekha you have gifted hands, my dear. (Now I wonder who I've heard say that to whom!😉) Keep it up da!👏

Edited by lashy - 5 years ago
lashy thumbnail

Originally posted by: roseraja1915

😆 😆 😆

Was looking for dancing gifs and stumbled upon this: Assassins Creed Dancing gif . 😉

They look like female dancers but I am not sure if they have a female squad. 😕

Do you think this would be more the guys' cup of tea, Lashy Sahiba?🤣 🤣

Oh my God! I just noticed the heels and the hip moves from close... NO WAY!
The men of Ustaad wouldn't ever let themselves be caught in such an attire!
I think it is Mrs. Mirza, Mrs. Baig-to-be and Mrs Shah-to-be secretly up to this mischief to while away time, while their better halves are away on this new assignment! 😆
Mrs Khan has decided that she'd rather just sit back and watch!
lashy thumbnail

Originally posted by: cute.manasi

Originally posted by Kuki715

Originally posted by Kalgi22

Manu darling, those lovely words are from Vathsy.. 😆

shah sahib , bring me the pan plzz ...

When Cookie asks for the pan, we all get worried and hide under the sheet!
When Manuraj asks for the pan, we sit up wide-eyed and elated, anticipating a feast!