Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sania349 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: MoonOrchid

That is my POV, too.
I mean,.,. everything in her movie kitty is Dharma ( looked at Shraddha vs Alia thread...).
Seems she cannot get ANYTHING unless KJo gets it for her or he is (part) producing.

So yeah.. directors know she's overrated and probably they are also sick of her being pushed in their faces.
I guess they only work with her because they need the funding for their project.

Not saying some don't want her.. (but Meghna Gulzar didn't).
Some of them seem to be forced to take Alia if they want their project greenlighted.
Now all the other actresses have to grin and bear and take whatever ... leftover roles they can.
Pity.
It should be about talent.. but it isn't.KJo is making sure of it.

I know for a fact she wasnt the first choice for dear zindagi. but came on board b/c kjo told gauri or something and dharma was co producing. gauri didnt want her πŸ˜†
Alia did a good job in DZ, but she snached the movie/ opportunity from someone if you really look at it
MoonOrchid thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

why should dharma not cast her?

SOTY
2 STATES
HUMPTY
KAPOOR N SONS
DEAR ZINDAGI
BADRI
RAAZI

7 successes in mere 6 years

i bet any producer-actress has had this kind of record..and if they did i bet they be their muse too..
it is not like they had 7 flops and he still casts her being so selfless..they have legit solid actress-producer money making records together..so why should they not continue..

The issue is not about casyting her.. yes she did do quite good.

The question remains:

What would have happened if other actresses got these roles?

Because, for sure, in SOME of these roles she was not properly cast/ looked totally miscast.

So another actress that was (probably) removed to make space for her- due to KJo and the Bhatt's pull- might have done a MUCH better role.. and the movie MIGHT have done even better - artistically and financiially.
Alia had two flops and the rest of the movies aren't THAT BIG in BO. Just saying, another actress might have created Blockbusters with the same movies. She hasn't got one movie over 130 cr..and that just now with Gully Boy- so thanks mainly to Ranveer...
But how can we know when KJo is running left, right and center, taking roles from, under anyone'seyes?
When you have QUALITY writing and directing, even mediocre actors can do good.
Just imagine ANOTHER.. a GOOD actress doing the roles. What a great movie could have been? Besides Udta Punjab.. and maybe now Gully Boy.. I didn't really see anythiung much in Alia TBH.
Edited by MoonOrchid - 5 years ago
priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Originally posted by: cougarTown

why should dharma not cast her?

SOTY
2 STATES
HUMPTY
KAPOOR N SONS
DEAR ZINDAGI
BADRI
RAAZI

7 successes in mere 6 years

i bet any producer-actress has had this kind of record..and if they did i bet they be their muse too..

it is not like they had 7 flops and he still casts her being so selfless..they have legit solid actress-producer money making records together..so why should they not continue..

they should not cast her in main lead roles for variety. There are other talented actresses in her age group
MoonOrchid thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

I think KJo's next plan for her, and her own too obviously, is a National Award. It looked like it was going to happen with Raazi but for some reason I feel like Raazi won't be it for her.

@bold: oh he is definitely trying to get her that NA- by hook or crook, he'll try make it happen !!
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sania349

I know for a fact she wasnt the first choice for dear zindagi. but came on board b/c kjo told gauri or something and dharma was co producing. gauri didnt want herπŸ˜†
Alia did a good job in DZ, but she snached the movie/ opportunity from someone if you really look at it

that is not really the truth, it wasn't Kjo but SRK who wanted Alia instead of Katrina who was Gauri's original choice.
jb508 thumbnail
Doesn't start shooting till 2020.

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
How about giving an opportunity to someone else, maybe an outsider for once, Karan? How about trying to be a "godfather" to someone else other than Alia for once, Karan? πŸ˜†
bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
I think she doesn't get offers from outside not because film makers don't trust her talent.. She has proven dependable enough

I think it more that they dont want kjo's interference in their work... Bec he is not content with just giving her films,... He reduces other people's roles. .. His pr makes the entire film abt her . ... Not all filmmakers are eager to have kjo interfering - officially or unofficially
1146481 thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveInAutumn26

How about giving an opportunity to someone else, maybe an outsider for once, Karan? How about trying to be a "godfather" to someone else other than Alia for once, Karan? πŸ˜†

I dont see any outsider from her generation who is as talented as Alia. Talent is Talent.
Edited by ThunderLight - 5 years ago
1146481 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bips

I think she doesn't get offers from outside not because film makers don't trust her talent.. She has proven dependable enough

I think it more that they dont want kjo's interference in their work... Bec he is not content with just giving her films,... He reduces other people's roles. .. His pr makes the entire film abt her . ... Not all filmmakers are eager to have kjo interfering - officially or unofficially

She just did Gully Boy where she was not the main character like Ranveer. And it was not a Kjo film. I think she is just too busy doing Dharma's work to have time to do films of other producers in any case. Kjo has kept her very busy.