Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sania349 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
jointly produced. maybe she should branch out and earn something on her own for once like her contemporaries do.
im sure she will do a good job, but damn..when will dharma give her some space.
Thwayya thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
What I find interesting is that despite having shown her talent onscreen, filmakers still aren't going to Alia directly, almost everything she gets comes via the Karan Johar production angle. Isn't that odd? Why aren't other production houses interested in her? Or has she signed some ironclad contract that restricts her work outside Dharma?

I'm curious. Cos' the very thing that has given her a leg up above all her peers, could be the thing that drags her down too. No star should attach themselves so firmly to a producer/production house.
sania349 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Thwayya

What I find interesting is that despite having shown her talent onscreen, filmakers still aren't going to Alia directly, almost everything she gets comes via the Karan Johar production angle. Isn't that odd? Why aren't other production houses interested in her? Or has she signed some ironclad contract that restricts her work outside Dharma?

I'm curious. Cos' the very thing that has given her a leg up above all her peers, could be the thing that drags her down too. No star should attach themselves so firmly to a producer/production house.

It is just that by co producing, its success probability goes up. dharma invests money and its team into the film.
but the advantage she has is that dharma coproduces with other production houses but on the basis of alia being cast.
most companies will not deny an offer made by dharma.
I do not believe she is the first choice for many films..yes several probably. but there are films that im sure her contemporaries are offered first.
purple_shadoz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Arre aur kitne biopics banenge!! 🥱
Nahi dekhne ko maangta aur biopics😕
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
why should dharma not cast her?
SOTY
2 STATES
HUMPTY
KAPOOR N SONS
DEAR ZINDAGI
BADRI
RAAZI

7 successes in mere 6 years

i bet any producer-actress has had this kind of record..and if they did i bet they be their muse too..

it is not like they had 7 flops and he still casts her being so selfless..they have legit solid actress-producer money making records together..so why should they not continue..
jb508 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Kangana was really attached to the film prior to Dharma being involved? It would explain her beef with Alia all of a sudden.
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
sad that Kangana lost this project
Arunima Sinha herself said that she wanted Kangana to play her role.

hope Alia plays the part well though...

ImagineMe thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

It's Alia's world. We are all living in it. 😆

Kangana left this project over a year ago when she wasn't convinced with the script and character's arc. Arunima wanted to show herself as strong from scene 1 and there was no weakness to transform.

nigahen thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Boring!
mORE interesting would've been to make a biopic on Bachendri Pal or the 2013 Everest racism incident. I mean imagine you'd become known worldwide if you made a film on that-Expose the Everest parasites that treat sherpas like trash.

These stupid bW film makers dont know how to make biopics. They think ke teen chaar alag alag dramatic events daal do. It only makes the film look boring, flimsy and all over the place. I guess the robbing incident mentioned here must have tipped the scales, and the fact that she lost a leg I guess. Did she really climb everest though with 1 leg?? Seems kind of incredible.

Like Bhaag Milkha-there's partition, then there's so many gfs, then there's an abusive brother in law, then there's stealing coal. etc etc.

Same things with Dangal. I dont know how that film even made so much money. It was so damn boring I couldnt watch even a half hour. But I guess people were pumped up by beti bachao...beti padhao...

why cant they make a proper biopic? Why not focus on human spirit and the human condition,,, like the finer points,...you know...resilience, fortitude...etc etc...why fake emotions,fake drama?/?
Edited by nigahen - 5 years ago
MoonOrchid thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Thwayya

That is my POV, too.
I mean,.,. everything in her movie kitty is Dharma ( looked at Shraddha vs Alia thread...).
Seems she cannot get ANYTHING unless KJo gets it for her or he is (part) producing.

So yeah.. directors know she's overrated and probably they are also sick of her being pushed in their faces.
I guess they only work with her because they need the funding for their project.

Not saying some don't want her.. (but Meghna Gulzar didn't).
Some of them seem to be forced to take Alia if they want their project greenlighted.
Now all the other actresses have to grin and bear and take whatever ... leftover roles they can.
Pity.
It should be about talent.. but it isn't.KJo is making sure of it.