Octothorpe thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Here comes the next installment of my ongoing One Shot series. I hope you enjoy it. Forgive grammatical and spelling errors because it is not proofread (lazy me ๐Ÿ˜†). I'llI'll give in a link to the index of the previous shots. Do read them too to understand the plot a little better. Enjoy!

To Emotions, With Love - Octo's One Shot Index

Of Past, Present And Future !

Babita was in banquet hall looking at the decorations and tasting the menu and seeing all the other preparations for the opening party for Meeta's Fashion Brand in Delhi. She was nervous because it was for the first time he was hosting someone from her 'Family'. Mini and Hanuman Singh were sitting at a corner looking at Babita. "Yaar teri Mummy itna kyun pareshaan ho rahi. Meeta hi toh hai. Kuch thoda bahut reh bhi gya toh thodi na woh bura manegi." Hanuman singh said while his hand rested on his cheek. "Babes ko ye baat samjhaye kaun." Mini said sitting in the same position as her Hanuman Uncle. Both looked at each other and chuckled.

"Kunal main sab preparations dekh ke aati hoon. I'm sure Babita would be going crazy about it. Let me assure her ki sab theek hai." Meeta said to Kunal who was busy styling his hair. "Okay." He replied while still setting his hair with some gel. Meeta opened the door of the hotel room and walked in the corridor only to collide with someone. "I'm sorry." Meeta said without looking at the person. "It's o.." Ashok realised the voice was familiar. He looked at Meeta and she too looked at him, shocked. "Tum yahan?" Ashok asked. Meeta didn't answer him, she didn't feel like she was answerable to him. "Oh I see. Toh Babita nein tumhein bhi yahan kaam pe rakha hai just like me. Ye aurat sabse revenge lene pe tuli hui hai." Ashok said while his blood boiled. "I don't work here. I'm just staying here." Meeta cleared. "Toh? Kya kar rahi aaj kal? Kisi aur ki mis.." He was back to spitting venom but was stopped by Kunal. "Shut up Mister. Dare you talk about my Wife. I'll make sure to break your 206 bones in 206 pieces." Kunal said holding Meeta protectively. "Kunal calm down. Aise ghatiya insaan se baat karna is like keechad mein kudna. Let it be. Hum apna kaam karte hain. Leave it." Meeta held Kunal's hand. "I swear I won't leave you if I ever hear anything about her." Kunal warned him and they both left for banquet hall that was downstairs.

"Babita. Relax. Everything is just perfect. Take some breath." Meeta said holding Babita's hand and smiling at her. Babita felt relieved and thanked her for trusting such a big event with her. She told her to go and change because guests would come soon. Babita nodded and left. Kunal and Meeta joined Mini, Hanuman Singh, Laala and Naim Bi and were just chatting away. "Meeta Beta." Papaji said looking at everyone. Meeta turned and got happy seeing him. She held Kunal and went and touched his feet. "Stay blessed always." He blessed them. "Papaji, ye Kunal." She introduced Kunal to him. "Kunal." She was to tell Kunal about Papaji but he nodded his head. "I know tumhare Papaji. You talk so much of him ki mujhe toh pata hi hoga na." He said and hugged him. "Khush raho." Papaji blessed him. "Ye tumhare liye Meeta Beta. Shaadi pe nahi aa paya tha na. Tumhein toh pata hi hai Shammi Ji ki health issues." He said forwarding her a small rectangular box. "Papaji iski kya zaroorat thi. Aapki blessing hi kafi hain hum dono ke liye." Meeta said with tears. "Arre Meeta Aunty le lo. Dadu hamesha itne meherbaan nahi hote." Mini cracked a silly joke to lighten up the atmosphere. All of them chuckled and Meeta took the gift and opened it to see a gold chain with Kunal's and hers' initials. She immediately wore it and thanked him for such thoughtful gift.

Babita came down wearing a mint green dress that reached just below her knees, her hair was tied in a low messy bun, few rings in her hands and her usual diamond pendant. Walking little awkwardly. "Babes yaar, tu toh bilkul bomb lag rahi." Mini teased her. "Chup kar Mini. Meeta yaar, zaroori hai ye pehnena?' Babita aaked Meeta. "Arre yaar Babes, Meeta Aunty ka brand launch hai toh unhi ka label pehnena padega na?" Mini said. "Babita, if you're not comfortable toh you can change. I don't want to make you awkward." Meeta said blinking her eyes. "Beta, koi kharabi nahi hai aise kapdon mein. Insaan ka dil saaf hona chahiye." Papaji comforted her. Hearing it from him made her comfortable aur sab ki khushi ke liye she can do this much.

The guest have started to come in that included people from fashion world and some media covering the party. Babita excused herself. "Mr. Khurana. You please check on everything once again. And see to all the guests. Koi gadbad ho toh tell me or Mini." Babita instructed and left. Ashok just nodded his head and left. "What are you doing here? Chalo jaldi. It's time to unveil the new designs." Meeta said while dragging her to the party area.

Ashok was between the guests looking after them. "May I have your attention please." Meeta said standing on the podium holding the mic. Everyone looked at her and Ashok was shocked. He didn't know who's party it was that they were working on. The interns were told that it's an opening Party of a famous fashion brand which is based in States. He didn't know it was for Meeta. "As you all know, we are here for the launch of our brand here in India. When we started it back in the US, we always knew it has to travel to India, after all, humara dil toh yahin basta hai." Meeta said with some tears and everyone clapped. Next was an interactive session with media.

"Can we expect something traditional too coming up in your collection? "

"Yeah of course, in fact, we are planning to introduce our traditional clothes in America too. Why shouldn't they not know of our culture.

"How were you able to achieve so much in such a less time, one and half year to be precise."

"Sheer love and trust of my family."

"Who inspired you to start something like a fashion brand of your own?"

"I never knew but I always had this creative streak in me for what it feels like a lifetime but I guess I would give it to my best friend, Mini. *chuckles* Mini is one young talented girl and just like that she said, 'Meeta Aunty, you're so fashionable, why don't you start your fashion label' and I pondered over it. It was for Babita, she instilled in me that faith that I had lost. She told me to just jump. I would fly. I was scared. But it was for Bhai, my Brother from another mother, who told he'll catch me up if I fall. It was for all the people standing right there *pointing at a corner where everyone stood* that I'm what I am."

Ashok just stood there, looking at Meeta and Babita standing by each other, Mini hugging them in between. Hanuman Singh and Papaji chuckling. Kunal talking to Naim Bi and Laala. Media taking their pictures. One big happy family. Shocked would be an understatement. He was pissed off. These ladies who couldn't even stand each other are standing hand in hand while he was left empty handed.

Zindagi mein kabhi kabhi aapko kuch apne unn parayon mein bhi mil jaate hain jinse aapka shayad koi lena dena na raha ho puri zindagi. Aur kabhi kabhi wahi paraye aapko zindagi jeena ka sahi raasta dikha jaate hain. Kabhi kabhi humein apni hi capabilities pe shaq hota hai par kuch rishte humein khud par vishwas kara dete hain. Aur jab aise ajnabi rishte ban jaate hain toh unhein sambhaal kar rakhna chahiye kyun ki wahi ek rishte hote hain jo kabhi kaante nhi chubhate.

( Imagine this italic part as Meeta's voice over in betwwen all the fun they were having. )

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Octothorpe thumbnail

Originally posted by: cute.manasi

๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ

What happened? Did you like it? Did you not like it? Kuch toh kaho๐Ÿ˜†
NatureHappiness thumbnail
Amazing chappy!!! Update soon !! *withpuppyeyes* ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Octothorpe thumbnail

Originally posted by: NatureHappiness

Amazing chappy!!! Update soon !! *withpuppyeyes* ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Aww good to know that. I would update jab I'll get that inspiration. I'm sorry It can delay too or can be in next moment too. Kuch pata nahi๐Ÿ˜†
old_charm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Octothorpe

What happened? Did you like it? Did you not like it? Kuch toh kaho๐Ÿ˜†

aree its my excitement , hence playing trumpet...๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Octothorpe thumbnail

aree its my excitement , hence playing trumpet... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Excitement for the update or the episode?๐Ÿ˜†
Do tell me how you felt of this chapter once u  finish reading
old_charm thumbnail

Excitement for the update or the episode?๐Ÿ˜†
Do tell me how you felt of this chapter once u  finish reading

i liked ur OS...๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘

past & present standing hand in hand creating pleasant memories & celebrating their victories while the douchebag stands engrossed with his calculations , huff & puffs of his miseries .
Octothorpe thumbnail

i liked ur OS... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘

past & present standing hand in hand creating pleasant memories & celebrating their victories while the douchebag stands engrossed with his calculations , huff & puffs of his miseries .

Oh thank you๐Ÿค—.
Ashok does deserve to be alone for all his life after everything he said in court. I can never get over that scene.
Thank you once again for the appreciation๐Ÿ˜ƒ
old_charm thumbnail

Oh thank you๐Ÿค—.
Ashok does deserve to be alone for all his life after everything he said in court. I can never get over that scene.
Thank you once again for the appreciation๐Ÿ˜ƒ

oh yes , horrible deeds & no much repentance this guy deserves real pains of life . 
divyadaya13 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
All your os on PB is super duper๐Ÿ˜ณ