Octothorpe thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Hey! So Mahi, here it is, your treat. I hope you enjoy πŸ˜ƒ. This shot is written in continuation of the previous ine but can still be read individually. Providing a link for the previous one to get better understanding of the plot. Enjoy! Also, not proofread so there can be lot of grammatical and spelling errors because it was typed in jiffy.

The Foes That Were!

It was hard to go back to the same town where she dreamt to go as a bride but all she got was pain and accusations. She couldn't ever understand what her mistake was? That she fell in love with a wrong man? Ah! It wasn't time to weep over past but to celebrate. Seeing the Patiala Station approaching, she got up from her berth and tried to wake up Kunal who was sleeping peacefully on the upper berth enjoying the rock and roll of the train. "Sone do Meeta please." He said covering his face with the pale blanket that railway gave. "Utho Kunal, we have reached." She said softly not wanting to disturb the old woman on the berth adjacent to hers' or the young man who was busy with his laptop. Kunal got up excited hearing that they reached. Man! He had heard enough about the town and its people from Meeta. He wanted to see it all on his own.

"Dilli se aane wali XYZ Express platform number 2 pe 20 minute ke deri se aa rahi hai." The announcer said. Everyone gathered their belonging to board the train that would take them to their destination while few people were there to receive their loved ones. Mini looked at her watch for the 97th time. "Ye train kabhi time par nahi ho sakti kya?" She was frustrated waiting for so long. The train arrived at the platform and she waited impatiently to receive the person.

Kunal got out first keeping the luggage on the platform and stretched his arms. No matter how quick is plane service, train ki baat hi kuch aur hoti hai. Nothing can beat that experience. Meeta got out of the train compartment and looked around for any familiar face. She saw one and smiled broadly. "Meeta Aunty!" And the next moment Mini was in her arms in a bone crushing hug. "I missed you." Mini said. "Me too Sweetheart." Meeta said closing her eyes and cherishing the hug. "Oye Mini. Main bhi hoon." Kunal said looking at the duo. "Hello Kunal Uncle." Mini said while she stil held Meeta not wanting to let go. "Uncle. Ew. Do I look like one? No man! I'm still young and dashing." Kunal said. "Haan haan. Of course, Toh ye saare bags aap le aaiye. Hum chalte hain." Mini and Meeta cracked up seeing Kunal making faces. They hired a coolie who helped them with the bags.

"God! Wo log aate hi honge aur kuch ready nahi hai." Babita almost panicked. "Arre sab ho jaayega." Naim Bi tried to calm her down but who was she kidding to. "I hope they like everything." Babita was nervous. She was into cooking since morning and had already cleaned the guest room and decorated it a bit according to Meeta's liking but she was still nervous like anything. Perhaps because Meeta was coming for the first time as a guest and not the other woman in her husband' s life. She was giving the last touch to the dishes when she heard the honk of the car. Leaving everything aside, she rushed to door with Aarti ki Thaali.

Meeta had her heart racing because few of the past memories flashed. Mini saw that and she held her hand. Meeta smiled at her and looked at Babita who was still the same woman with heart of gold standing with an Aarti ki Thaali. Babita came forward. "Iski kya zaroorat thi." Meeta said smiling through her tears. "Arre tumhare liye thodi na hai. Ye inn Mr. America ke liye hai. Kahan dekha hoga humara culture kabhi. Haina?" Babita said and Kunal just smiled. She welcomed them in the house while everyone was just in awe of these ladies.

While Kunal was enjoying all the delicacies, Meeta was just looking at Mini and Babita thinking how beautiful everything has become since she ran into Mini in Delhi some two years back. It wasn't a great encounter but one thing led to another. They say, everything happens, happens for a reason and we should never doubt the planning of the Almighty. She couldn't thank enough for being a part of such beautiful family. In due course of time they realised they all were good people met at really wrong time because of a really wrong person. She met Kunal on a business trip to The US and they fell in love. Everyone including Mini, Babita, Hanuman Singh, Laala and Naim Bi flew to States to attend her wedding. Mini became her bridesmaid and it was so much fun. Hanuman Singh took the role of her brother and gave her hand to Kunal with a promise to keep the smile of her intact otherwise he would throw him in his jail and everyone had a great laugh back then.

"Bhai nazar nahi aa rahe." Meeta said looking for Hanuman Singh. "Haan unko emergency call aa gyi thi. He didn't want to go but duty bhi na." Babita said serving her some capsicum pakode. "Oh. Koi nahi." Meeta said with a smile. Mini saw her lost for some time now. She squeezed her hand to assure her. Meeta blinked telling her she's just fine. "By the way, humnein toh main baat ki hi nahi." Kunal said munching in some kheer. "Kya?" Babita asked. "Woh actually, hum plan kar rahe apne fashion brand ki ek branch Delhi mein kholne ke liye and the opening party, you guys have to organise." Meeta said. "Oh really? Congratulations guys. It will be our honour to host you." Babita hugged Meeta. "Sahi mein? Mujhe phir toh discount chahiye abhi se." Mini said winking at Meeta. "Discount kya Jaan, tu free mein le ja. Tera hi toh pura showroom hai." Meeta hugged. "Dekh Babes, kya awesome offer meko mila. Isse kehte hain mauke pe chauka." Mini giggled. "Badmaash." Babita said and everyone chuckled.

"Arre jaldi chal Laale nahi toh yeh Jalebi thandi ho jaayegi aur Meeta garam." Hanuman Singh said parking his bike in front of his Haveli. They could already hear the giggles from outside. "Lagta hai mehfil jam chuki hai." Laala said. They entered and it was sight to die for, one big happy family who had almost no blood relations enjoying perhaps the best times of their lives. "Arre humare liye koi rukega." Hanuman Singh said from the door itself. "Logon ko behen ki ab yaad aayi." Meeta said in a taunting manner. "Arre Bhai ko behen toh hamesha hi yaad rehti hai. Dekh main thare vaaste garam Jalebi le aaya. Tanne pasand hain na." Hanuman Singh said showing the Jalebi packet. A broad smile crept on her face and she nodded in affirmation.

Everyone sat at the dinning table. Even Preet had joined them because they decided to play, gossip, talk and what not. In short, enjoy all night. Babita prepared all the favourite dishes of Meeta and Kunal and they had stomach full of indian dishes. "Babita yaar, please inn mein se kuch mujhe bhi banana sikha dena otherwise Kunal will just crib." Meeta said chuckling. "Haan please." Kunal added too. After the dinner, everyone sat almost in a circle playing all those indoor ganes and laughing and giggling and gossiping.

Kabhi kabhi hum apnon ki mohabbat mein itna kho jaate hain ki unki galtiyon ki saza bhi uss paraay ko de dete hain jiski shayad koi galti nahi hoti, sirf unn apnon ko nazaron mein girne se bachane ke liye. Zindagi mein log toh sabhi ek hi jaise hote hain bus bura sirf woh waqt hota hai. Kisi paraay ke kareeb jaa kar dekho, unn apnon se kayi guna zyda apnapan milega. Aakhir iss duniya mein khooni rishte hi toh sab kuch nahi hote.

( Imagine this italic part as Mini's voice over amidst all the laughter.)

Edited by Octothorpe - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Octothorpe thumbnail

I hope you enjoy it without your favourite character🀣
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Thank you so much Octo for writing this!
It was so so heartwarming!

I could never imagine Meeta and Babita warm up. But when they did, kaleje ko thandak pohoch gayi! I am so overwhelmed just imagining them together, eating and talking.

And your lines just add depth to this wonderful idea! How people without blood relations are now a family, due to a bad storm in their lives.

I want these two ladies to just face Ashok once, together. This itself would humiliate him so much.

And HS-Meeta : another beautiful relationship!
OMG JALEBIS YUMMM!

Well, you always surpass your previous mark. And so is this time! My new favourite is here!😳

PS : Dialogues on point. Meeta's koi nahi was my fav. Maybe she has this Punjabi spark in her now after living  significant number of years in Patiala.

Cheers!!!
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Octothorpe

I hope you enjoy it without your favourite character 🀣

Ashok has no place in this new family! Loved it without him πŸ˜†
Octothorpe thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mishti_Dahi

Thank you so much Octo for writing this!

It was so so heartwarming! I'm so glad you liked it πŸ€—

I could never imagine Meeta and Babita warm up. But when they did, kaleje ko thandak pohoch gayi! I am so overwhelmed just imagining them together, eating and talking. Even I want them to really warm up towards each other in the show as well. I would really want them to back each other in weak seasons πŸ˜ƒ

And your lines just add depth to this wonderful idea! How people without blood relations are now a family, due to a bad storm in their lives. I love the family that they have become already but Meeta would be great addition I feel 😳

I want these two ladies to just face Ashok once, together. This itself would humiliate him so much. That's kinda already plannedπŸ˜†

And HS-Meeta : another beautiful relationship! Won't he be a hreat brother to Meeta ?πŸ˜ƒ
OMG JALEBIS YUMMM! I like jalebi with black grams (don't tell me I'm wierd πŸ˜›)

Well, you always surpass your previous mark. And so is this time! My new favourite is here!😳 Ah! I feel so accomplished

PS : Dialogues on point. Meeta's koi nahi was my fav. Maybe she has this Punjabi spark in her now after living significant number of years in Patiala. Yes, probably ye got that spark πŸ˜†.

Cheers!!!

Thank you Mahi for this lovely comment. I feel so blessed to have such amazing reader πŸ€—Edited by Octothorpe - 5 years ago
Octothorpe thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mishti_Dahi

Ashok has no place in this new family! Loved it without himπŸ˜†

Yes absolutely. Ashok has no place in this new, one of a kind family 😳
Secret_Giggle thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Superb update 
Meeta ki tuning kitni achi ho gyi sabse..Mini se Hanu se sabe πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by Secret_Giggle - 5 years ago
AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
wow so much maturity in relationships 
hope this happens in serial too
i guess babita will be able to leave her bitterness behind after the scars heal a bit and have a civil if not friendship with meeta
Octothorpe thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnjuRish

wow so much maturity in relationships 

hope this happens in serial too
i guess babita will be able to leave her bitterness behind after the scars heal a bit and have a civil if not friendship with meeta

I so want a great relationship between the ladies. I really wish she met without the context of Ashok. They would have been great friends.😳
Thank you so much for readingπŸ˜ƒ
old_charm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
again great plot...πŸ˜ƒ

& what a title...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

if only they take it , actors will do great job & it would be totally worth watching...πŸ˜ƒ

kudos to u dear writer...πŸ‘πŸΌ