Lata Mangeshkar lashes out at Total Dhamaal makers for Mungda remake

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Lata Mangeshkar lashes out at Total Dhamaal makers for Mungda remake; director Indra Kumar drags Rohit Shetty to react

Total Dhamaal in controversy over Mungda song remake.

Total Dhamaal added to the wave of remakes when the makers released the new rendition of Mungda. The 1978 classic song has been recreated with Sonakshi Sinha in the lead. The original song featured Helen and it was sung by Usha Mangeshkar. The new version has been sung by Jyotica Tangri, Shaan and Subhro Ganguly. While fans have given the song a lukewarm reaction, legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar isn't impressed with it. The singer recently expressed her dislike towards the song and shared her concern that no one is seeking permission to remake their songs.

"We are not asked if we approve or not. No one seeks our consent before using our songs. Is that right? she told Deccan Chronicle. Even Usha reacted to the remake and told DC, "Our songs were created after a great deal of thought and they were done with sensitivity and care. To rip them off in this arbitrary manner is not correct. Mungda music director Rajesh Roshan also raised objections towards the remake and said, "I think there is less of inspiration and more of perspiration in the music industry. The filmmakers have lost confidence in creating new songs.

Reacting to the backlash, Total Dhamaal director Indra Kumar got Rohit Shetty and his Golmaal Again movie to say that even his songs have been remade without his permission. ''We don't have to take their consent. When Neend Churayi Meri was remade for Golmaal Again, no one came to me for approval. The rights belong to the music label, and the owners of the label have the right to do what they want to,'' Director Indra Kumar told Mid-Day. For those unaware, Neend Churayi Meri first featured in 1997 Indra Kumar's film Ishq that starred Ajay Devgn, Aamir Khan, Juhi Chawla and Kajol in the lead.

What do you think about this controversy?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MoonOrchid thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Oooh, Lata ji is not happy with Mungda... I agree, they should seek permission first...