I Feel Meeta Is Misunderstood

Posted: 5 years ago
Hey guys, I have been a silent viewer in this forum, but I wanted to share my thoughts about what I felt about this show.

I find Meeta to be misunderstood because she does not seem to have any problem if Ashok wants to bring Mini home, she wants to have a good bonding with her.

Ashok is not blamed for marrying again, but Meeta is portrayed as this vicious woman who poisoned Ashok's mind as if he was a baby who did not know that, he is married and has a child also.

Meeta is trying hard to adjust with her in laws, no one even looks at her or talks to her properly, even Mini blames Meeta more than her father.

I understand her hate for her father, but I feel Meeta does not have any negative intentions, Ashok and Khatri are the worst characters.

I want Meeta to have a strong bonding with Mini and Babita in the future episodes because she genuinely loves Ashok and she is all by herself yet she keeps trying to make her place in the house , she does not feel insecure of Mini at all.

I also feel more than Ashok, Meeta is treated harshly whereas the man always gets away if he betrays someone, the woman is always blamed.

I don't want her to turn negative in the future episodes, she does nto have bad intentions as of now, she wants Mini to be with her father and I feel Meeta is also a strong person because even after hearing many taunts, she does not leave Ashok, she is sincere in this relationship, Ashok is just using her and I want her to be aware of this as he just wants to take revenge form Babita. Edited by maha786 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Padmajaan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I am not able to figure Meeta out honestly.
Even in the latest episode, she's upset about Ashok making such a hue and cry in front of his father about how expensive his mother's medicines are but when she's explaining to Ashok, she speaks of the importance of maintaining cordial relations with the aged parents because ashok needs their consent to place the house as collateral when he applies for loans for his business.

Because of such things and trying to befriend Minnie only because that will help her get closer to Ashok's parents, etc. end up portraying her as a matlabi person.

So her character is not coming out clearly.

Other than that it's not very nice to get involved with a married man with a child in any case knowing all this fully well because you end up breaking a home and all the other ties as we can see how the grandparents apart from minnie and babita of course are completely shattered.

Having said all this Ashok has been portrayed as such a creep and unidimensional character that we end up not feeling bad for babes and minnie because they deserve better.

Had this not been the case then what Meeta has done is not really nice. There are many men out there and when you know that a guy is married and has a kid back home, no point getting involved with him in my opinion because there is a lot of muck you throw up all around!  
Edited by Padmajaan - 5 years ago
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Meeta is defo shady.
She's not that one shaded outright dark or plain lady. She's basically self centred but sometimes I genuinely feel she cares.

Like yesterday, she initially seemed agitated in real. But when Ashok didn't understand she explained to him his own money minded way.
So yeah, she's complicated.
divyadaya13 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Mita is no dark character, but not an angel too. She is not completely responsible for the affair. But 50% partner. She has knowingly got into  an affair with a marrried man for around 10 yrs. Both are back home so that that they can mortgage the house start new business. I think you missed the episode where she called minni a poisonous snake. Presently she has done nothing as such to have good relation with either minnie or babes.presently i dont want her anywhere around them. As far as ashok is concerned i dont want him anywhere around them for ever, this is for the way he has used babes for so many years and now putting all the blame on babes and trying to wash off his hands. I would have respected him a bit if he had been truthful, but all he does is blaming babes. And not even once i have seen mita stopping ashok from speaking nonsense against babita. Let babita and minnie live peacefully wihout these two
One more point. As per mita her parents have disliked her affair with a married man. Mostly disowned her (as nothing was said in detail). Dont know abt true love. Both were partners in business in UK. Presently both are jobless and dhobi ka kuttas, na ghar ka na ghat ka. So still sticking to this creep ashok and indirectly encouraging him to have good relationship with his parents for the house😕. 
Edited by divyadaya13 - 5 years ago
-Drama_Queen- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
She is not misunderstood, im sorry to say that. But she clearly knows that she's breaking a house. Well technically the house was on the verge to be broken but yes she is the third party that shattered people's lives in that house. 

As everyone said here that she is a complicated woman, i agree on that as her portrayal is sometimes confusing, She is shown in a negative light as well as postive. But yesterday's episode showed that she is worried about the health of Ashok's parents, still i think its some kind of sympathy gain for her so that she remains good in the eyes of his parents.  
Edited by -Drama_Queen- - 5 years ago
SK1509 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This show is being shown in the US and UK too, and having experienced some of these things I don't think either Ashok or Meeta have been painted as out and out villains. Arranged marriages are always difficult but when you drop cultural differences on top of basic compatilibility differences into it they're even more so.

The story they're telling is a very specific Punjabi NRI issue that has and still occcurs a lot (I am a similar age to Babes). Parents emotionally blackmail their NRI kids to marry ill educated men and women, many of whom don't even speak English, to ensure they have a carer to stay with them in India, and expect their kids to adjust.

But someone who lives alone in another country (and has a different culture), and is allowed to opt out of family life (most NRIs have no familial obligations upon them other than money), isn't going to adjust to an arranged marriage when they live seperately from their spouses. This is especially true in large age gap marriages.

I think Beeji and Dadaji definitely should have understood that. This entire situation is their fault. Meeta was spot on. They should have searched for an equal partner for Ashok, not a young girl. Edited by SK1509 - 5 years ago
abhi786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Meeta is not like Ashok and Khatri, but I still couldn't able to understand what SHE saw in Ashok. They are both partners in business, lovers and live in relationship for 10 years, still couldn't see understand Ashok nature. Also didn't she got anyone to love ? 10 years back she is young, beautiful, working can't she find any eligible man in London ? or even someone his parents choose ? Didn't  she felt doing wrong to another women bracing HOME, relations, involving with a married man that to a child father ? The fact still remain they disclose their relationship now before Ashok family as they are moving India permanently now to stay and have Ashok house ? If not will they continue another 10 + years ? 

Meeta is selfish, for her now only Ashok matters, no one, she agreed to live and try to tolerate Ashok parents after Ashok told he wants the house for the loan ? She supports him in wrong also she wanted to bond with MINI only get Ashok closer to her. She has sympathy for Babes but nothing.

She didn't listen to his parents continue this relationship even after disown her ? Why she really confident , told Ashok 5 years back firmly if he really LOVE her take divorce and marry. Then she would know how true Ashok LOVE...Why she is silently continue in this relationship all these years and still insecure about it ..
SK1509 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhi786

Meeta is not like Ashok and Khatri, but I still couldn't able to understand what SHE saw in Ashok. They are both partners in business, lovers and live in relationship for 10 years, still couldn't see understand Ashok nature. Also didn't she got anyone to love ? 10 years back she is young, beautiful, working can't she find any eligible man in London ? or even someone his parents choose ? Didn't she felt doing wrong to another women bracing HOME, relations, involving with a married man that to a child father ? The fact still remain they disclose their relationship now before Ashok family as they are moving India permanently now to stay and have Ashok house ? If not will they continue another 10 + years ?

Meeta is selfish, for her now only Ashok matters, no one, she agreed to live and try to tolerate Ashok parents after Ashok told he wants the house for the loan ? She supports him in wrong alsoshe wanted to bond with MINI only get Ashok closer to her. She has sympathy for Babes but nothing.
<b></b><i></i><u></u><sub></sub><sup></sup>
She didn't listen to his parents continue this relationship even after disown her ? Why she really confident , told Ashok 5 years back firmly if he really LOVE her take divorce and marry. Then she would know how true Ashok LOVE...Why she is silently continue in this relationship all these years and still insecure about it ..

I think it makes sense when you put this on it's head. For the past 10 years Meeta has been Ashok's wife in reality while Babita is the one with the title. Meeta gave up her family, her self-respect, for her love of Ashok. She has been swallowing her bitterness regarding Babita for 10 years before the fear of losing Ashok made her desperate enough to follow him.

Meeta lives for love. She wears her heart on her sleeve. She's emotionally open and hurt and desperately needs a family, but unlike Babita, doesn't have the patience to build one. She also puts Ashok over and above everyone else while Babita doesn't.

As for Babita...I think as the story progresses we will see (along with Babita herself because I don't think even she's aware of this) that what she and Ashok had was never love (or even real). Successfull loving marriages take time together, effort, and hard work (even in a love marriage but this is especially true in an arranged marriage).
old_charm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SK1509

I think it makes sense when you put this on it's head. For the past 10 years Meeta has been Ashok's wife in reality while Babita is the one with the title. Meeta gave up her family, her self-respect, for her love of Ashok. She has been swallowing her bitterness regarding Babita for 10 years before the fear of losing Ashok made her desperate enough to follow him.

Meeta lives for love. She wears her heart on her sleeve. She's emotionally open and hurt and desperately needs a family, but unlike Babita, doesn't have the patience to build one. She also puts Ashok over and above everyone else while Babita doesn't.

As for Babita...I think as the story progresses we will see (along with Babita herself because I don't think even she's aware of this) that what she and Ashok had was never love (or even real). Successfull loving marriages take time together, effort, and hard work (even in a love marriage but this is especially true in an arranged marriage).

very true !
old_charm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
liking the discussions over this character .
& meets has got lot of shades to her , but the fear is constant in her & she knows how much she has put in this relationship , if this fails it would be ultimate failure .

she has seen ashok's nature , is a constant spectator of ashok's changing ways hence gets more desperate .

i hv said this before too that sadly she has chosen this life for herself , she is actually a loner .