CE wasnt SRK movie, Deepika got maximum credit- Rohit Shetty

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 years ago

Chennai Express Wasn't A Shah Rukh Khan Film; Deepika Padukone Got The Maximum Credit: Rohit Shetty

Back in 2015, Rohit and SRK had faced some creative differences during the filming of Dilwale, thus hampering the output of the film.

January 8, 2019

Director Rohit Shetty, who is currently on cloud 9 because of Simmba's success, has said that his film Chennai Express was completely owned by Deepika Padukone and not Shah Rukh Khan.

In a recent interview with Film Companion, the Golmaal actor revealed how people have forgotten that both Chennai Express and Golmaal 3 belonged to Deepika and Kareena Kapoor, Ratna Pathak Shah and Mithun Chakraborty respectively.

Rohit Shetty: Chennai Express Wasn't A Shah Rukh Khan Film; Deepika Padukone Got The Maximum CreditChennai Express Wasn't A Shah Rukh Khan Film; Deepika Padukone Got The Maximum Credit: Rohit Shetty

Speaking about it, Rohit said, "For me, Chennai Express wasn't a Shah Rukh Khan Film, people forget that. For me again, Golmaal 3 wasn't a Ajay Devgn film, it was a Kareena Kapoor, Ratna Pathak Shah and Mithun Chakraborty film. That's how we write. Because it's a commercial film, people don't go into that theory. With Golmaal 3, I never thought that it was Ajay Devgn's solo film, it was Kareena, Ratna and Mithun's film. Same way, Chennai Express was a Deepika Padukone's film. She got the maximum credit also.

Well, that's quite a revelation now!

Back in 2015, Rohit and SRK had faced some creative differences during the filming of Dilwale, thus hampering the output of the film.

On the work front, Rohit will soon be busy directing his next Sooryavanshi which stars Akshay Kumar in the lead role.

Edited by 2RsFan - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
The truth has been spoken! The only thing that I liked about the film was Deepika and her acting.
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
SRK be like... mera akhri real hit in the last 10 years ka bhi credit lelo

ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: ponymo

SRK be like... mera akhri real hit in the last 10 years ka bhi credit lelo

Wait! Wasn't Raees a hit??😲