Octothorpe thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Hey forum mates! How's up with life? Wrote this just like that. Forgive grammatical and spelling errors. Nit proodread! Also, don't forget to temme how it was? Enjoy!

When Tables Turn

Ashok was fidgeting with the resume praying restlessly to get the job. After Babita stepped out of his house some three years back with her daughter, his stars were never happy with him. He was reduced to penniless when Meeta decided to leave him some six months back for the jerk he was with her. Since then, Khuranas were surviving on Dadaji's pension and Ashok was running from one office to other to get himself a job. Today, he was sitting in the waiting lounge of 'BaNi Hotels and Resorts' for a job of a manager.

In another part of the very same city, Babita was making Parathas for herself, Mini, Hanuman Singh and Laala Bhaisaab. "Mini, ye Parathe neeche de de please." Babita said keeping the paratha in the plate. Mini gave her the 'tera-Kuch-nahi-ho-sakta' look and took the tray downstairs. A little while later, she too joined everyone at the breakfast.

"Mini, chal jaldi tayyar ho ja, we're getting late." Babita looked at her watch while telling Mini, who was busy getting the lenses of her darling camera clean. "Rukk na babes, itni kya jaldi hai tujhe. Chalte hain thodi der mein." Mini cleaned the lenses spotlessly. 'Nahi Mini, time is important. Get ready quick. I'll be waiting downstairs. Jaldi aana otherwise you know." Babita took the keys and went downstairs.

"The interview will start in half an hour folks, so brace yourself." A staff informed the nervous candidates. Ashok's heartbeat rose. The company was reputed and so was the job. He needed it badly so he started to pray to all the Gods he believed existed. The half an hour was a lot of time it felt to him. "Mr. Ashok Khurana, you may go in." Staff told. Ashok adjusted his tie and spectacles and moved inside.

With a hair tied in a low bun, a lady clad in pastel blue Chikankaari kurta and straight pants in almost the same shade of kurta, a typical punjabi jutti in her feet and a scarf around her neck, a diamond stud in her ears and one small diamond ring in her finger, sat playing with the pen and frowning at the idiot candidates she was meeting with. "Babes yaar, tu sabko aise reject karegi toh kaise chalege. At least kuch logon ko shortlist mein toh daal." Mini was worried because her Babes sat with the worries. That's when they heard the knock from the next candidate.

"Good Afternoon Ma'am." Ashok said as soon as he entered to give good impressions even without knowing who the supposed boss is. Babita looked up to the familiar voice but remained composed. Mini wanted to get up and show him the door outside but Babita held her hand. "Very good afternoon. Have a seat please." Babita said in the perfect professional tone.

"I'm Ash-Ashok Kh-Khurana." Never in the worst of his nightmares did Ashok ever thought the tables would turn so drastically. After all that he did with Mini when he registered wrong case against Hanuman Singh, Dadaji couldn't take it anymore and thus threw him out of the house with Meeta and they moved to Jaipur. It was only six months back when even Meeta left him did he return to Patiala and in all the havoc in his life that he was going through, he had no time to check on people who once were his so called 'responsibility' and so he was very much unaware of what Babita and Mini have achieved.

"So Mr. Ashok Khurana, The degrees and experiences aside, why do you think I shall hire you? I mean, what it is that you have and others don't?" Babita sipped her black coffee and looked straight into his eyes. Mini was just in awe of her Babes and was looking at her with love and respect and admiration and what not. "I-I th-think." Ashok stammered out of nervousness. "Scrape that. All the people who work for me have this one quality of honesty. Can that be expected out of you?" Babita took another sip. "Ye-yes. I can assure you of my honesty." Ashok said without looking into her eyes. "Manager toh nahi but I can offer you the job of assistant manager in our Manali branch. Is that okay with you?" Babita gave him his resume back with the new offer. Mini glared at her but she nodded. "Sure." When Ashok lost all his hope for the job he got one. Before she changes her mind, Ashok took his resume and got up to leave.

"Challo ji. Aaj hum sab saath mein hi lunch karte hain." Hanuman Singh along with Laala entered the cabin and saw Ashok. His blood boiled but Babita gestured him to not say anything. Ashok clenched his teeth seeing him but left without saying anything. "Babes yaar, tune kyun rakkha unhein job par?" Mini was annoyed. "Unhein ye batane ke liye ki jiss aurat ko unhon ganwar aur na jaane kya kya kaha tha woh ab unki BOSS hai. Anyway, ek employee ke liye apna mood kyun kharab karein." Babita smiled. "Yeh baat toh ek  dum sahii kahi Babita Ji nein. Chal chod unn baaton ko aur dekh hum ke leke aayein hain." Hanuman flashed the Pizza boxes. "Pizza! Aap hi toh samjhte ho apni Veer Baalika ko Hanuman Uncle. Thank you so much. Let's eat." Mini was the happiest child. "Thank you Ji, mera parivaar ban'ne ke liye, aap na mere sacche wale dost ho." Babita thanked him. "Bass kya Babita Ji. Chaliye khaate hain warna thanda ho jayega na toh majja na aayega."

Edited by Octothorpe - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PehliDafaHai thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Firstly, congratulations for posting the first OS in the forum! πŸ˜ƒ

This one was lovely! The end scene showed how much of a tight bond these four share with each other. 

Another detailing which I was impressed with was Babita's attire, you haven't driven away from her personality just made her more stronger to face the world. 

How Ashok was bitten by the harsh Karma was enjoying to read, that is why you should never put down anybody because kab kya ho jaata hai kisi ko bhi nahi pata hota hai! 

Another thing I got pleasure was from Meeta leaving Ashok, serves that jerk right! 

Being an amateur writer myself, I enjoyed this piece and liked your style of writing! 

Myself Shreya, what shall I address you as?

Octothorpe thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mayashika

Firstly, congratulations for posting the first OS in the forum!πŸ˜ƒ

This one was lovely! The end scene showed how much of a tight bond these four share with each other.

Another detailing which I was impressed with was Babita's attire, you haven't driven away from her personality just made her more stronger to face the world.

How Ashok was bitten by the harsh Karma was enjoying to read, that is why you should never put down anybody because kab kya ho jaata hai kisi ko bhi nahi pata hota hai!

Another thing I got pleasure was from Meeta leaving Ashok, serves that jerk right!

Being an amateur writer myself, I enjoyed this piece and liked your style of writing!

Myself Shreya, what shall I address you as?

I like Babita's simple nature and would never want to leave it for anything and anyone. πŸ˜ƒ

Ashok doesn't even deserve Meeta for the jerk that he is.

I wanted them to be one family and without any societal names to it. Just good friends and people who gave a hand when needed. 😳

I actually don't introduce myself with a name. You can call me OT, Octo, Hash (as the meaning of my UN) or maybe Octothorpe, whichever suits you πŸ˜ƒ
abhi786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Good OS especially turning the tables.Not only Ashok lost meeta, but had to go for job for survival. I just loved that now Babes is boss and he will remember all his life what he lost.Happy to see all four enjoying themselvesπŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘

I really want to see that Ashok lost everthing, while babes raise and gain in her life...
Octothorpe thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhi786

Good OS especially turning the tables.Not only Ashok lost meeta, but had to go for job for survival. I just loved that now Babes is boss and he will remember all his life what he lost.Happy to see all four enjoying themselves πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘

I really want to see that Ashok lost everthing, while babes raise and gain in her life...

Thank you so much. I so want Mini And Babes achieve great heights in life. I want Ashok to pay for his deedsπŸ˜†
old_charm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Superb !
very well penned...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

tables turning , & a strong reality check .
Octothorpe thumbnail

Originally posted by: cute.manasi

Superb !

very well penned...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

tables turning , & a strong reality check .

Aww thank you so much πŸ˜ƒ
Octothorpe thumbnail

Thank you so much for the appreciation πŸ˜ƒ
old_charm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Octothorpe

Aww thank you so much πŸ˜ƒ

πŸ˜ƒ
dellaakdha thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Perfect Title ..
   Congratulations for the 1st OS of this forum...
     I like the way Babita behaved with Ashok...
      Her reason for giving him job...lπŸ‘πŸΌ
     Ending was very nice ...