Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: poo_j

Yes..That's correct..It explained well in the drama too..Why all got confused???😆

Btw have you read this drama chinese book? Since you know the language..

Maybe some has not finished watching the show. Since it's explained towards the end.
nuomi.riceball thumbnail

Originally posted by: 4thPrincoholic

Seriously unlike Korean language, Mandarin is hard to even pick out words from sentences! .. By the time you try to make out one character they are done speaking a sentence...😆

Actually, Korean language is pretty similar to hokkian language which is descended from the Tang Dynasty old Chinese. When the Manchu invaded China many went to southern part of china.
1103978 thumbnail
@Poo bear and @Nuomi ... May be some just FFed some of those boring scenes to focus on the romance and couples! .. ((~v~))
nuomi.riceball thumbnail

I always wonder how to foreigner view our language ... As in how does it sound and look to them?... Do they also go "How beautiful are those letters in Hindi" the way I go looking at Chinese characters ..😆... It would be so cool if I can forget my language and revisit with "alien eyes" just to see how it looks and sounds! ..😆

Wow that's one way to see it.
nuomi.riceball thumbnail

@Poo bear and @Nuomi ... May be some just FFed some of those boring scenes to focus on the romance and couples! .. ((~v~))

I like episodes 30 the most 😆 when they reunited.
1103978 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nuomi.riceball

Actually, Korean language is pretty similar to hokkian language which is descended from the Tang Dynasty old Chinese. When the Manchu invaded China many went to southern part of china.

Ofc it makes sense since Korean, Japanese, Chinese and many other counterparts have similar looking "written language" ... It's just how they vocalize ... I find Japanese close to Chinese when they vocalize .. both have "close lipped" vocalization and can't find head and tail to them! .. 😆 .. Korean in terms of listening I feel I can pick out more words and sentences unlike the previous two!
1103978 thumbnail

I like episodes 30 the most 😆 when they reunited.

Reunion of BQ and YH?! ... Most of us here loved BQ and YH .. Su Su and her suffering was hard to watch .. So when BQ goes all BADass everyone cheered for her .. 😆 .. YH and BQ romance was much better ... YH had to bel a lot of papad to woo BQ .. 🤣
nuomi.riceball thumbnail

Ofc it makes sense since Korean, Japanese, Chinese and many other counterparts have similar looking "written language" ... It's just how they vocalize ... I find Japanese close to Chinese when they vocalize .. both have "close lipped" vocalization and can't find head and tail to them! ..😆.. Korean in terms of listening I feel I can pick out more words and sentences unlike the previous two!

Yes, because earlier both Korea and Japan adopted Chinese writings as part of their writing system. Then they adapted it to their own writing. Both the Kanji and Hanja are the same with Hanzi. In fact, the character writing is the same.

Japan still use kanji both with katakana and hiragana. Korea used the Hanja writing until their independence. Now Korea used the modern writing Hangeoul which is based on the Hanja. They no longer use the Hanja but still teach 1500 characters to certain extent.
nuomi.riceball thumbnail

Reunion of BQ and YH?! ... Most of us here loved BQ and YH .. Su Su and her suffering was hard to watch .. So when BQ goes all BADass everyone cheered for her ..😆.. YH and BQ romance was much better ... YH had to bel a lot of papad to woo BQ ..🤣

Yes, reunion of Baiqian and Yehua 😆 That's my favorite episode
1103978 thumbnail

Yes, because earlier both Korea and Japan adopted Chinese writings as part of their writing system. Then they adapted it to their own writing. Both the Kanji and Hanja are the same with Hanzi. In fact, the character writing is the same.

Japan still use kanji both with katakana and hiragana. Korea used the Hanja writing until their independence. Now Korea used the modern writing Hangeoul which is based on the Hanja. They no longer use the Hanja but still teach 1500 characters to certain extent.

These languages have a lot of characters as in symbols since each symbol more or less means a "word" than a character like in English or Hindi .. I wonder how do they "fit" them all on keyboards and phone... 🤔 .. Any Idea?