Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

poo_j thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: 4thPrincoholic

@Poo bear, I was searching for the book online ... but guess what I read .. author (Tang Qi) of this book actually plagiarized and stole the entire story from another book called "Love Debt" [which is a gay love story?] ... Apparently not only has the author NOT apologized for stealing but she's making tons of money from stolen content .. Gaah! .. What a nightmare of a thing to read! ... This makes me sad now to have enjoyed this series that has funded a thief .. 😒 ... What do you think of it?! ..

How did I miss this post yesterday..

I know it was caught in plagarize controversy by reading wiki in the middle of watching..But I didn't know she did all those atrocious things!!!😡 That's very appalling!!!

No one translated the original I think..

But..I still love the drama!!! It can't take that away!!! We have to think its written by original author..Not the copied one..
Edited by poo_j - 5 years ago
poo_j thumbnail
Just read the blog of the link you gave Sam..Seems its like a decade old plagarism controversy..Wouldn't the makers have looked into it before making the drama and movie??? Both were highly successful and mega hit!!!

I actually thought it came into limelight after Eternal Love drama came out!!!
1103978 thumbnail

Originally posted by: elsanna

Yes pillow book, lotus step, bodhi fate are her own works😆

Are they sequel of EL?! .. Or different stories?

Originally posted by: poo_j

Just read the blog of the link you gave Sam..Seems its like a decade old plagarism controversy..Wouldn't the makers have looked into it before making the drama and movie??? Both were highly successful and mega hit!!!

I actually thought it came into limelight after Eternal Love drama came out!!!

Yeah, it's been going on for years! .. Apparently "gay romances" are illegal in China .. so original writer can't do much to sue her and get credited for her work! .. That's how Tang Qi and her team got away with ALL of it!
As for producers and makers of drama and movies .. they don't care as long as money is coming in ... EL as a book is highly popular in China .. hence, makers lining up for them! .. Read one comment from a Chinese citizen how "she is ashamed that in her own country, a thief is getting away with fame and money while original writer got nothing out of it NOT even an apology! ..

It's a very hopeless situation tbh ... but apparently that's how world functions (.. unfairness) ... I am sure there are many famous people who got away getting the credit for something they don't deserve .. this is one of those cases! .. But thanks to internet and global connectivity, at least fans of these books and dramas know the actual truth. I am sure that's some sort of "silver lining" for the original writer (Da Feng)! 😃

Link to original book:

Link to the entire book itself ... It's in Chinese .. But when I open the link using "Chrome", I can choose it to translate and it translates all the Chinese chapters of the book to English! ..

As for the drama, I still LOVE it! .. End of the day drama is a combined efforts of many .. plus like you said we know now who the original author is .. She may not get the money but she NOW gets credit from many online fans!
elsanna thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Yes all are different books...😊 though I agree she shamelessly copied other work for ten miles of peach blossom🤢 but rest are original and good according to me 😳
PS- I have read pillow book both part 1 and part 2
poo_j thumbnail
@Sam: So the book is extremely popular too..No wonder they adopted into drama and movie then..
But ya..I loved the book equally..The translation was smooth..Tho it goes to and froth..Its not confusing since I read it after watching drama..

I have not read Pillow Book..So no idea about how she wrote others to compare..
Tris007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 4thPrincoholic

@Poo ... I didn't read the wiki page in detail so missed it! ... But only today I was searching for the books and came across this plagiarism controversy!

@Elsanna ... You mean "Pillow Book" is her original work then?!

@Tris .. It's true actually ... not an individual agenda or grudge! .. Many readers have expressed the same disgust and contempt! ..
Check this link
Also this one https://hamster428.wordpress.com/2015/07/09/plagiarism-allegations-against-tqgz/ (this article is written by someone who has translated the book only to realize later that it's a stolen piece of work)!

I don't know guys ... in a way I love the show (A LOT) ... that's why this plagiarism crap is leaving a bitter taste in my mouth! .. I don't think I can read the books now! .. ..
Instead I would like to read the "original book" if I can find the English translations ... it's got gay romance which will be a different experience than EL!

Why was the original book Illegally written though? Why can't the original author fight under the the copyright bill?
Tris007 thumbnail

Originally posted by: elsanna

Yes pillow book, lotus step, bodhi fate are her own works😆

Jeez I thought Sam was replying to her own post. You guys' dp 🤣
Almas. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Finally I'm done watching
I love it..it's really worth the hype.

YangMi is one beautiful and talented actress. I love her expression. She did nail 3 characters.

SuSu was my least favorite. Obviously coz she was weak. I cudnt handle wat was going on with her in heaven .
I skiped it a lot. I cudnt see SuJins face🤢

SiYin
Was so childish..she kept doing things without thinking consequences. how she ended up getting herself n 9th disciple in trouble.

Also since i didn't figure MOYuan is mark I found MY being so protective about siyin weird. He knew she ws a gal so favoring her was different but he fell for her😲 i didn't like the idea
poo_j thumbnail

Originally posted by: Almas.

YangMi is one beautiful and talented actress. I love her expression. She did nail 3 characters.

SuSu was my least favorite. Obviously coz she was weak. I cudnt handle wat was going on with her in heaven .

SiYin
Was so childish..she kept doing things without thinking consequences. how she ended up getting herself n 9th disciple in trouble.

Also since i didn't figure MOYuan is mark I found MY being so protective about siyin weird. He knew she ws a gal so favoring her was different but he fell for her😲 i didn't like the idea

Happy you loved it!!! 😃 🥳And completely agree on Yang Mi!!! She does every role well..Be it here or in others drama of her..Being a child artist seems playing a huge role!!!

Do watch the BTS video of Eternal Love..There are over 58..With 3-5 miutes..You will see how Mark Chao in real life is!!!

On Mo Yuan falling for Si Yin..Yes..Weird since she didn't feel that way!!! But I love Teacher- Students tropes in books..😆Like Slammed by Collen Hoover!!!
Tris007 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Almas.

SiYin

Yayy! I liked the show too! Even with the Su Su drama 😆
@bold SAME. I FFed mostly all of her parts after the heaven's drama. I just couldn't with her
Lol I had a doubt Ye Hua and the War God, Chinese Ares (Ares in a nice and subtle form 🤣), were played by the same actor... and then everyone started saying Ye Hua looked so much like the war god... then I saw it too 😆 Honestly though, I think it's good you didn't know they were the same actors because I felt weird seeing Ye Hua with the beard and mustache. I liked the clean shaved guy 😆
I totally understand why you felt that way aout the Guru and Disciple because same here. I always had a doubt that the war god had feelings for her in some way but I really tried suppressing it! Really! But then they had to ruin it by showing the one sided love.
See, the problem is, I felt nothing for them. Like Nothing. I didn't like Ye Hua and Su Su much either but with the guru, I wanted him to stay just that. Why on earth did he have to have feelings for her? God, I am so done with these tracks. Now, I just want a strong mentor-mentee relationship. That's it. (The Indian TV show, Sadda Haq all the way for that! Such a meaningful mentor-mentee relationship there! Hats off!)
How did you like the ghost tribe people?