Shaavi thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
They finally made Akbar also a devotee of Anarkali. ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜†. He also accepted that she is the savior. And she is supposed to be a fictional character. And with this series, she became the messiah and redeemer of Mughal dynasty. She is the guardian angel because of whom the Mughal empire was able to continue.

They just distorted history in the worst possible way.Jodha sending Salim to Lahore was just ridiculous. She was the empress for god's sake. They showed her to completely forget Maan Bai and her parental family. They butchered the characters till one couldn't recognize them or even sympathize with anyone. The ending was just too much. Showing Salim to sit and cry next to her tomb was absurd. If we are supposed to feel his pain, that scene didn't really evoke that emotion. It was too farcical. 

I am in a way glad that this series ended without adding even more of such senseless saga. I hope the actors chose their next project with care where they truly get to showcase their amazing acting skills. Aruna Irani is such a wonderful actress who was sidelined in this series. Even Shahbaz Khan is very good, yet they didn't really give him a chance to show the intricacy that made Akbar who he was. They made Jodha become a mediocre queen by her constantly praising Anarkali and her so called charity. Salim became this useless person who was portrayed as this spoiled brat who forgot who he was. Finally they tried to portray Anarkali as a holy woman which was overdone. ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜ƒ 

This post is not intended to hurt anybody. I wanted to express my thoughts and didn't want to keep it inside me. ðŸ˜Š
Edited by Shaavi - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
Shaavi

I am happy I stopped watching this useless show but  in between some episodes of Husn mehal I cant escape by obligation. Then I just stopped again thank god! 

I am grateful to colours channel for winding up the show and let this crap sink into oblivion. I wish Shaheer better shows..I wish he will be careful next time before signing a show. Let peace prevail..I mean mental peace..

Hope to see you in a good show where we can genuinely enjoy like we did during Kuch Rang..

Lakshmi
Preeithika16 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yeah you are right what does the end mean...anarkali sayings mean can someone explain
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Shaavi

They finally made Akbar also a devotee of Anarkali. ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜†. He also accepted that she is the savior. And she is supposed to be a fictional character. And with this series, she became the messiah and redeemer of Mughal dynasty. She is the guardian angel because of whom the Mughal empire was able to continue.

They just distorted history in the worst possible way.Jodha sending Salim to Lahore was just ridiculous. She was the empress for god's sake. They showed her to completely forget Maan Bai and her parental family. They butchered the characters till one couldn't recognize them or even sympathize with anyone. The ending was just too much. Showing Salim to sit and cry next to her tomb was absurd. If we are supposed to feel his pain, that scene didn't really evoke that emotion. It was too farcical. 

I am in a way glad that this series ended without adding even more of such senseless saga. I hope the actors chose their next project with care where they truly get to showcase their amazing acting skills. Aruna Irani is such a wonderful actress who was sidelined in this series. Even Shahbaz Khan is very good, yet they didn't really give him a chance to show the intricacy that made Akbar who he was. They made Jodha become a mediocre queen by her constantly praising Anarkali and her so called charity. Salim became this useless person who was portrayed as this spoiled brat who forgot who he was. Finally they tried to portray Anarkali as a holy woman which was overdone. ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜ƒ 

This post is not intended to hurt anybody. I wanted to express my thoughts and didn't want to keep it inside me. ðŸ˜Š

Till the last episode director producer and writers did not bother to correct the script 

Despite several feed backs from audience here and elsewhere they continued showing anarkali as a saintly woman wronged by Akbar and mughal family like murad and Ruqaiah

Akbar was shown making her a rakassa while she was a rakassa before joining mughal court as per anarkali story 

Anyways now the serial has ended but it has spoilt image of many real historical figures to make anarkali look great 

If Salim was what is shown in this serial he could never have been next emperor. I am sure he was an ambitious prince who wanted to be emperor at all cost no matter love affairs with anarkali or nur jahan which were not liked by Akbar. 

For mughal princes love was a passing life event, their most important aim in life was the crown of mughal empire. even the great lover shah jahan who loved mumtaz so dearly and kept himself in a room after her death for few weeks also started marrying many women after a few years of his wife death. If Nur jahan had died when jehangir was alive he too would have moved on his affection to another wife. None of the emperor/kings wee one woman men in those times. Loving a woman and fighting to get her was more an ego battle bet father and sons than anything else.   

In this serial the characterisation is very 21st century. The way a maid anarkali talks to a queen Jodha or even emperor Akbar is more 21st century type. I doubt maids working in households too will dare speak so boldly in front of owners its very rare because they will lose their livelihood not only in that house but in neighbourhood if owner takes offence. There is a clear class distinction even today in India/Asia a maid is a maid cannot mingle freely with owner or his kids etc. Very few people allow their kids to even play with maids kids. 

That is where this serial story failed in grasping the 15th century culture and atmosphere. How an emperor behaves or prince or a maid. That is where the downfall of serial started from beginning. Initially TRP was 1.9 but instead of increasing to 2-3 it reduced drastically. Because audience was not convinced anarkali or jodha or Salim would behave so in reality. 

Second the story did not have sub plots unlike a historical like jodha akbar. It was also love story but had so many memorable subplots and characters. Maham anga, Bairam Khan, Ataga, Adham Khan, Sharifuddin, Bakshi Bano all these pppl could esaily have entire serial dedicated to their stories. Akbar had a beautiful well defined relationship with all a n emotional bonding that lasted. But Salim had no subplot or characters to support him, only anarkali who hardly had any story or role. Look at mughal e azam other than dancing and singing anarkali had any dialogues before she was arrested for loving Salim. It was salim and akbar etc who took max time spac in MEA. Because their love story has no plots or subplots or side characters who are powerful. Salim never had an emotional bond with anyone not even jodha or akabr or ruqaiah or hamida or salima, or murad or daniyal or mahabhat etc it was never developed. 

In jodha akbar serail jodha was a saint like here anarkali but that show worked for more than a year successful TRP because of akbars family and friends subplots and Akbar was not hero worshipping jodha till more than an year. Everyone has read history in school atleast in india and everyone knows how akbar or salim was etc 

Edited by myviewprem - 5 years ago
thedramaqueen thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hey Shaavi, Lakshmi and other fellow KRPKAB folks! 
How is everyone?

This genre isn't my type, however, I tried watching the show and visited this forum a few times and like you guys said... what was that!!?? ðŸ˜² . I think they made this show to capture Dev ki Deewangi . I saw some scenes and as expected Shaheer used to nail it. 

But the rest of the story was all over the place. Neither does it chime with whatever we know of Salim-anarkali.. Nor with the era.. 

I hope we get to see better shows. 

See you all around
DQ

prernacda thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Ended,
Thank god as stopped watching when she started dancing! Too weird esp since Shaheed Sheikh was so good
And she was awesome in her last serial as a strong queen!
Guess pvr speed watch and delete until last episode
Akbar was awesome as Ravan in Shani serial
Chandragupt and chanakya as Shani and Shiva is more interesting,
No offense but boring... from beginning