myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
I do not understand indian TV obsession with love story even in history shows
Everything is about love 

Akbar was never a lover boy and neither he had any great love story with his wife Jodha bai but they made a serial Jodha Akbar where a wife tames her erarctic voilent husband an emperor into soft hearted lover boy

Asoka was never a lover boy again but his love story with kaurawaki and devi etc started. Ashoka was more known as a cruel warrior and than kalinga war and spreading bhuddism.  

Chandragupta maurya the great nation builder was also not spared love story with dhananads daughter nandini in one seral now love story with dhurudhara etc. Chandragupta married dhurudhara because she was his cousin not for any great love it must be an arranged marraige, he married nand daughter only to gain acceptance as magadh ruler or because he cannot keep unmarried enemy kings daughter in his palace, he married helena to stop future wars by greeks and seleucus etc

Same way akbar married ruqaiah as her father died and humayun wanted to transfer his jagir and property to akbar, he married salima to protect her and rahim, bairam khans son, he married jodha because baharamal took proposal to him to save his kingdom etc there was no love in majority of his marraiges its all politics or property or to protect that woman thats it.  

Salim was a lover boy to some extent but again love story is about his love anarkali controlling him and him obsessed with her and forgetting duties and right from wrong etc If nur jahan showed even 10% of attitude anarkali showed in this serial, salim would not marry her for sure. All her attitude must have started few years after marraige only. Which man will marry a dominating girl friend? They all turn dominating after marraige or few years down line when they feel spouse will not revolt etc. Even 21st century a guy(or girl) will not want to marry a dominating spouse. 

Why should every historical story be about lover lady taming a cruel erractic brat emperor into benevolant ruler? cannot  a man especially prince/emperor realize his faults as he mature and become a great ruler on his own. Its part of growing up you do not repeat mistakes again and learn from life experiences rather than your lover or wife taming you from a brat rogue youngster to  amature benevolant ruler.

Why should a girl always turn guide, philosopher, teacher everything apart from a caring lover and wife to her husband whose an emperor? Why should lover do body gaurds and ministers work? What are they recruited for paying hefty salary? 

Take case of dastaan e mohobaat salim anarkali - there is not much story in anarkali salim love affair to show actually so they turned her into a nur jahan kind of lady

Instead why we do not have shows on just a Salim - his life was interesting and complicated and the person himself was highly complex character. You can than show all his love and affair and marraiges like anarkali, maan bai, sahib jamal, jagat gosain, nur jahan etc apart from politics 

With Chandragupta maurya you can show his life history with dhurudhara, heena and nand daughter all added 

Same with an akbar, ashoka etc 

I seriously do not like this idea of a lover or wife getting credit for a mans hard work and life. Jodha never went to war or built an empire or created many systems from scartch like akbar etc to take credit for akbars achievements, anarkali or nur jahan never went to war field at 10 or commanded army at 12 years in war or were known for their justice sense to take credit of salims life, kaurawaki did not quell dissidence or face step brothers after his life etc for her to take credit for ashokas greatness etc 

This twisting rather changing of history must stop 

This indian serial obsession to make heroine(and mother and mother in law etc) great is destoying essence of story especially if its a real character from history that too emperors known for building empires from scratch or their justice or their non voilence etc 

Edited by myviewprem - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
It's 21st century so what we both want will never happen. Even if it happen then it will not last long. See what happened to Prithvi Vallabh. It was supposed to be only one sided love story and mostly fight of the rivals but the dirty game of the channel made the writers destroy it. Yes PV was shown too much after Mrinal but that's what it's shown in movie long ago. But I don't think it was really meant to be a love story. As I commented in a post this show was earlier supposed to be of Salim and Mehrunissa but due to channel most probably the makers changed it to Anarkali. Nowadays, people will only be interested in a show if it's a love story. That's the sad reality. Mehrunissa was not what would have been the ideal female lead so they changed it to Anarkali. CGM love story I feel was true but with Durdhara only not with the fictional Nandini. Slowly the writers are showing Anarkali like Mehrunissa as that was what his original plan earlier. And this changing of hero with love by heroine. I am really tired by it. Asal zindagi me aisa nahi hota hai. Even if the makers try something new without any love stories no one will watch it. See what happened to Discovery Jeet channel. 3 mahine me hi down ho gaya. Were their shows bad? No. The people's tastes were bad.Edited by angel_juhi04 - 5 years ago
myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: angel_juhi04

It's 21st century so what we both want will never happen. Even if it happen then it will not last long. See what happened to Prithvi Vallabh. It was supposed to be only one sided love story and mostly fight of the rivals but the dirty game of the channel made the writers destroy it. Yes PV was shown too much after Mrinal but that's what it's shown in movie long ago. But I don't think it was really meant to be a love story. As I commented in a post this show was earlier supposed to be of Salim and Mehrunissa but due to channel most probably the makers changed it to Anarkali. Nowadays, people will only be interested in a show if it's a love story. That's the sad reality. Mehrunissa was not what would have been the ideal female lead so they changed it to Anarkali. CGM love story I feel was true but with Durdhara only not with the fictional Nandini. Slowly the writers are showing Anarkali like Mehrunissa as that was what his original plan earlier. And this changing of hero with love by heroine. I am really tired by it. Asal zindagi me aisa nahi hota hai. Even if the makers try something new without any love stories no one will watch it. See what happened to Discovery Jeet channel. 3 mahine me hi down ho gaya. Were their shows bad? No. The people's tastes were bad.

Hi

I did not watch prithvi vallabh 

I am not saying stop showing lovers and wives in show

Show all love stories and wives

But do not show one woman changed a man 

If one woman can change a person completely it means hes incapable of thinking himself hes unable to stand up for himself 

Such a man cannot become an worker too forget an emperor because you have to use brains day and night every situation if you are emperor or crown prince. You cannot say let me ask my wife and tell everytime you have to have quick brains that too prince emmperor

That was BC and middle ages women were not allowed to interfere much not even a nur jahan or jodha or ruqaiah etc 

Its not 21st century where woman dominate on some husbands(not all) because they have economic independence or husbands lazyy to do any decisions etc 

Only a guru or saint can change an human from bad to good etc that too not always 100% of time may be 50% of time

Otherwise no crime or criminal would remain in world if every lover/wife could change a man into good human 

Originally posted by: myviewprem

Hi

I did not watch prithvi vallabh 

I am not saying stop showing lovers and wives in show

Show all love stories and wives

But do not show one woman changed a man 

If one woman can change a person completely it means hes incapable of thinking himself hes unable to stand up for himself 

Such a man cannot become an worker too forget an emperor because you have to use brains day and night every situation if you are emperor or crown prince. You cannot say let me ask my wife and tell everytime you have to have quick brains that too prince emmperor

That was BC and middle ages women were not allowed to interfere much not even a nur jahan or jodha or ruqaiah etc 

Its not 21st century where woman dominate on some husbands(not all) because they have economic independence or husbands lazyy to do any decisions etc 

They can show women being equal or bolder but in fantasy shows like Aarambh, Bahubali and Chandrakanta but not in shows based on histories. In fantasies they can show like they were ahead of time and all but showing it in real histories will misguide people. Mrinal, Lakshmibai and Rudramadevi were exeptions. And about changing lovers and husband's it happens in 9 out of 10 shows. We can't do anything. A 3 month old Zee show is in TRP Top 10 list by showing a 18 yr old kid acting mom to her ACP hubby's baby from 1st wife and that hubby being a cop abuses her always due to a misunderstanding. And this 18 yr old kid is supposed to change with her goodness. And people are increasing its TRPs. And in Jodha Akbar show, Jodha was shown medieval version of Ishimaa. Always giving bhaasans and changing her hubby with her love. And I read that they showed Salim cutting Murad's hand. Is it true? This is lie. Aisa kuch nahi hua tha history me. They were buddies not enemies. Instead of showing Anarkali like this they should not have changed the story plan from Mehrunissa to Anarkali in the 1st place. Showing Maanbai as evil is too much. Maanbai I don't think was too bad. Showing her happy at Anarkali being made a rakassa was not done. 

Yes, the terrorists will be given to innocent young women to marry and change them instead of putting them in jail😆.
Edited by angel_juhi04 - 5 years ago
myviewprem thumbnail

They can show women being equal or bolder but in fantasy shows like Aarambh, Bahubali and Chandrakanta but not in shows based on histories. In fantasies they can show like they were ahead of time and all but showing it in real histories will misguide people. Mrinal, Lakshmibai and Rudramadevi were exeptions. And about changing lovers and husband's it happens in 9 out of 10 shows. We can't do anything. A 3 month old Zee show is in TRP Top 10 list by showing a 18 yr old kid acting mom to her ACP hubby's baby from 1st wife and that hubby being a cop abuses her always due to a misunderstanding. And this 18 yr old kid is supposed to change with her goodness. And people are increasing its TRPs. And in Jodha Akbar show, Jodha was shown medieval version of Ishimaa. Always giving bhaasans and changing her hubby with her love. And I read that they showed Salim cutting Murad's hand. Is it true? This is lie. Aisa kuch nahi hua tha history me. They were buddies not enemies. Instead of showing Anarkali like this they should not have changed the story plan from Mehrunissa to Anarkali in the 1st place. Showing Maanbai as evil is too much. Maanbai I don't think was too bad. Showing her happy at Anarkali being made a rakassa was not done. 

Yes, the terrorists will be given to innocent young women to marry and change them instead of putting them in jail😆.

I have no idea which zee show you are talking about 

Yes Salim cut of poor Murads hand for touching anarkali that too infront of his parents and man singh etc 

Salim even shouted at man singh to give respect to anarkali and speak. Imagine man singh was 6 years younger to akbar that means hes almost 22 years elder to salim and Salim shouting at him and saying you are adopted whose blood you have etc shocking!!!!

Further maan bai - i doubt she had any role in salim arakali life or seperation etc here shes shown as villan and vamp like ruqaiah in jodha akbar serial 

They show jodha crying publicy for anar  in court 

and salim shouting at akbar and jodah both in court

I doubt salim would do anything above in real life or even other characters 

Its more 21st century bollywood potboiler story like 80s saas bahu dramas than a  historixcal one 

Originally posted by: myviewprem

I have no idea which zee show you are talking about 

Yes Salim cut of poor Murads hand for touching anarkali that too infront of his parents and man singh etc 

Salim even shouted at man singh to give respect to anarkali and speak. Imagine man singh was 6 years younger to akbar that means hes almost 22 years elder to salim and Salim shouting at him and saying you are adopted whose blood you have etc shocking!!!!

Further maan bai - i doubt she had any role in salim arakali life or seperation etc here shes shown as villan and vamp like ruqaiah in jodha akbar serial 

They show jodha crying publicy for anar  in court 

and salim shouting at akbar and jodah both in court

I doubt salim would do anything above in real life or even other characters 

Its more 21st century bollywood potboiler story like 80s saas bahu dramas than a  historixcal one 

If you don't know about that Zee show you better be clueless about it as you seem to be really wanting the condition of TV shows to turn better and don't really want to stress you by saying anything about any show. Its good to find someone who is not crazy for shows of today. I did not watch that show par forum friends and news se sab pata chalta hai. I only watch Bhabhiji and Aladdin. At least this show is still tolerable. Karn Sangini condition is more worse. I read that it turned pure saas bahu show with 4 saas torturing Karn's wives. I guess war of words between father and son happened. I won't judge that. Aise hi we did not had son Ajatshatru vs dad Bimbisara and son Aurangzeb vs dad Shah Jahan. But I never ever read or heard about a crown prince fighting with his enperoedad for a dancer even cutting the hand of his brother. They could have shown Salim taking revenge in some other way instead of permanently making him handicapped. And how come no guards could catch Salim and Anarkali. That also guards of Akbar. And Maan Singh being adopted is a lie. Don't know why the writer is ruining his own reputation after writing good stories in the past. I don't understand why they always turn Jodha into some Nirupa Roy kind of helpless woman in every shows. I don't think real Jodha was really so mahaan. Maanbai was a drug addict but there may be something which drove her to that state. May be due to Salim's constant remarrying or dirty politics among women royals.
Edited by angel_juhi04 - 5 years ago
myviewprem thumbnail

If you don't know about that Zee show you better be clueless about it as you seem to be really wanting the condition of TV shows to turn better and don't really want to stress you by saying anything about any show. Its good to find someone who is not crazy for shows of today. I did not watch that show par forum friends and news se sab pata chalta hai. I only watch Bhabhiji and Aladdin. At least this show is still tolerable. Karn Sangini condition is more worse. I read that it turned pure saas bahu show with 4 saas torturing Karn's wives. I guess war of words between father and son happened. I won't judge that. Aise hi we did not had son Ajatshatru vs dad Bimbisara and son Aurangzeb vs dad Shah Jahan. But I never ever read or heard about a crown prince fighting with his enperoedad for a dancer even cutting the hand of his brother. They could have shown Salim taking revenge in some other way instead of permanently making him handicapped. And how come no guards could catch Salim and Anarkali. That also guards of Akbar. And Maan Singh being adopted is a lie. Don't know why the writer is ruining his own reputation after writing good stories in the past. I don't understand why they always turn Jodha into some Nirupa Roy kind of helpless woman in every shows. I don't think real Jodha was really so mahaan. Maanbai was a drug addict but there may be something which drove her to that state. May be due to Salim's constant remarrying or dirty politics among women royals.

Thanks for info

I hardly watch any shows on ITv except comedy and historical 

I only watch chandragupta and DEM but may be that also is gettingf so distorted better to stop watching historicals too!!!

I think one censor should be appointed to censore historical serials at least so its not distorted much from reality 

Do you think big writers write story 

No they make assistants etc to write 

They have no idea of 15th century or mughal or any history 

Thats why it looks like 21st century story 

If jodha was so maahaan and good salim would not become an addict in real history 

Maan bai herself was an adict like her husband salim - salim was hardly in house he was in war from 1591-97 then rebellion from 1599-1604 sent to wars now and than from age of 10-11(1579-80) till 1590 where he had time for any wife etc he was husband in absenteee. Like some husbands in 21st century go abroad and come once a month a year or once a month in 2 years salim had similar life style mostly. I doubt he spent much time with any wife or girl friends etc forget Maan bai alone. Maan bai must be very lonely in mughal harem or even if once in a while she went to where salim was stationed.