sumuhu thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
I think the Astha Character is a spoilt brat. She thinks Shaguna is a "servant" even though Simran & family treats her with respect. She shows no respect to her mom or elders and does not believe in hardwork. She seems very snappy even towards her own friends. A typical spoilt teen.

I hope Abhi realizes that the mental depression runs in Neha's family, first Radhaji, then Neha (always looking miserable inspite of being so beautiful) and now Astha. I hope he stops blaming himself and get some help for Astha.

I think Abhi should me more ashamed of himself for deserting Simran and having an affair with Kiran in the first place. Surprisingly that is a subject that no one acknowledges.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

na420 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
for the Kiran thing, Abhi already said... tht was his life's biggest mistake!
scorpio_pk thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Neha was shown a normal cheerful person, infact a perfect wife. She would'nt show her depression if Simran would'nt interfere in her married life,otherwise she was more mature and sensible than Simran, always understanding & encouraging for her husband Abhi.Same with her daughter Aastha, whatever reaction she is showing is just becuz of some circumstances, nothing to do with her mental balance. Ppl do have mentally retarded family members but it does'nt mean that every member of that family is the same.
sumuhu thumbnail
Mental depression and retardation are two entirely different subjects. Depression runs in families, though.

scorpio_pk thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I agree, but not necessarily it runs in the families, depends on some particular circumstances.Whatever Neha or Aastha's character showed was just so normal due to the situations created,not related to their mental balance etc.
sumuhu thumbnail
IMHO, mentally depression is the inability to be resilient. When one comes face to face with hardship, and your life breaks down to pieces, you have to pick up the pieces and move on. For some, it just affects their thinking and even ability to look at life as a whole. I know several real life examples but not sure if there is a medical study done on this.

But I agree with the fact that Neha was a much more supportive wife to Abhi than Simran, probably because they both worked in the same field, may be there was no opposition from both the families unlike in Simran's case. You have to admit that Mrs.Saxena had mellowed down a lot after "Kiran" episode. It should be noted that Neha had several blessings in spite of her problems with Simran-Abhi relationship. Her mother was back to normal, she married the man of her dreams and even the in-laws were nice and supportive, she was going to have a baby and Abhi for all his faults treated Neha very well. No one has a perfect life.
Edited by sumuhu - 19 years ago
kiran91748 thumbnail
👏I totally agree w/ you. Astha is a spoiled brat. I don't get why they named her astha in the 😡1st🤢 place.