Free_Rein thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
I recently binge watched 50% of the show,the concept,the sets,actors  mainly leads ,everything is amazing about this show 👏.Except few filler episodes  here & there the show is good over all upto the episodes i watched.And i loved the title song too.

Mythological genre is not my cup of tea but recommendations from my friends excited me to watch this show thanks to them.

The best thing about this show is the inspiring words of "KrishnaVani" where what is love & what is life & what not everything is  discussed by Krishna & the words are quite inspiring👏

And the guy Sumedh wow this guy is absolutely a gem👏.For his age of 21,the maturity in his acting at the level of god and his body language,dialogue delivery in "krishnavani" ,he deserved many awards for this👏.

One new thing i learned from this show.I heard & read that  a person can get "Mukhti" or "Moksha" only when he frees  himself from all kinds of bonds and emotions in worldly life,i read it in some books from childhood  i dont remember where exactly.But in this show Krishna teaches a person can get "moksha" through the path of LOVE,its so endearing and inspiring to know this thing from this show.My dad reads Bhagvadgeetha daily but idk know abcd of it.Through this show one can  learn some inspiring things particularly from "krishnavanis"

Many questions haunted me but i heard Radha is a fictional character according to many books?Idk,if she was real,i want to know why & When Krishna started loving Radha i mean in this show,RadhaKrishn were on the earth to teach what the love is but i want to know how & why Krishna loved only Radha even before taking human forms on the earth.

I personally believe in god & pray whenever i am in trouble but dont worship daily.Regarding gods,many questions keeps haunts me if i think about them but again i ignore as people say our lifetime is not enough to understand god😆.Idk am making any sense here😆.I just wanted to appreciate this show for the amazing concept.
Edited by ...Nihara... - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PandavPranayini thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
There are two concepts as to who are Radha and Krishna. One is that which the show portrayed. Other is, them being incarnations of Vishnu and Lakshmi. I believe in the latter. Krishna didn't only love Radha, he had eight wives, whom he loved equally as well. All of these nine, were incarnations of Goddess Lakshmi. Coming to the moksha thing, I don't remember which episode you were referring to. But I think what Krishna is different and it's not applicable to modern definition of Love. If you have attachments to any physical/mental entity, you'll not get moksha. But if you love, in the spiritual sense, beyond body and mind, moksha is possible. Though is moksha needed, is a controversial topic in itself. 
PandavPranayini thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
And Radha was not a fictional character. She makes her appearance in many puranas and upanishads. 😊
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: PandavPranayini

There are two concepts as to who are Radha and Krishna. One is that which the show portrayed. Other is, them being incarnations of Vishnu and Lakshmi. I believe in the latter. Krishna didn't only love Radha, he had eight wives, whom he loved equally as well. All of these nine, were incarnations of Goddess Lakshmi. Coming to the moksha thing, I don't remember which episode you were referring to. But I think what Krishna is different and it's not applicable to modern definition of Love. If you have attachments to any physical/mental entity, you'll not get moksha. But if you love, in the spiritual sense, beyond body and mind, moksha is possible. Though is moksha needed, is a controversial topic in itself. 

Ditto agree with everything. 😃

Rags-1185 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Even i  heard many debates over her existence.
Those people who argue radha rani to be fictional character; says that she is never mentioned any of the following Authentic holy texts - srimad bhagvatam, vishnu purana, harivamsa purana, mahabharat. 

And it is during medieval era, her name starts to appear in different versions of texts and puranas, hence they dismiss her existence to be purely authors & poet's creation. 

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Hola! Welcome to our forum @Nihara!

Now, Dakshayani di has already beautifully explained about Radha and Krishna being Lakshmi and Vishnu respectively so I'll just put down Radha's earthly parichay...(though you must know the basics since you've watched half the show :D)

Radha was the daughter of Maharaj Brishbhanu and devi Kirtida/Kirtimati who lived in Barsana. She was secretly marriesd to Krishna (in the presence of Brahma and other Gods) but in the eyes of the society she was married to Ayan Ghosh/Abhimanyu who was the son of Gola and Jatila. In some Bengali tradition Ayan is said to be a cousin brother of Mother Yashoda.

I once read a story somewhere, that Ayan in his previous life had committed great penance to obtain Lakshmi as his wife. After a hard time of such, Narayan reluctantly agreed to this proposal but gave him the condition that he would be impotent when he married Lakshmi.

She has eight devoted sakhis (all part-avatars of Lakshmi) named Lalita, Vishakha, Sudevi, Rangadevi, Indulekha, Chitra, Tungavidya and Champakalata.

There are many more details you can find, they're mostly compiled by the ISKCON people. 😳
The info comes from the Brahma Vaivarta Puran, Geet Govindam, Lalita Madhavam, Chaitanya Charitamrita etc. Nibarka acharya was the first saint to concentrate on the worship of Radha-Krishna.

Free_Rein thumbnail

Originally posted by: PandavPranayini

Thanks for the info,so its kind of soul mate connection in every reincarnation between Vishnu & Lakshmi or Krishna & Radha(& other forms of Lakshmi).

LOVE in my post i was referring in the spiritual sense only.I read in some other books that person should be freed from "bonds" to attain moksha.Here Krishna doesnt says that,he says Love is the most important thing to reach god .

Moksha is nothing but " to reach god" or" to become one in god" right.For example in first episode Krishna teaches to Sudhama that Love is the most important thing to reach him (god) and he proves how chanting "Radha" provided moksha so that from an insect to butterfly ,butterfly to a girl  and the girl finally gets moksha becomes one in god krishna in first episode.Krishna wanted to teach Love is the most important than even worshipping or "Bhakti" to reach him through Sudhama story.And thats the main purpose of incarnation  of Krishna & Radha to teach Love in human form on the earth.Thats basic essence of this show right?

And he helped  in uniting a couple who were in love dont remember their names now,& he tested their love before helping  them getting married.Ok in the show they might me deviated from the aunthetic books.But in other instances  like krishnavani also he tried to stress this point of love being the most important thing to reach god.

I just learned this new thing only through this show otherwise i believed in other concept of how to reach moksha & all.So i had to just mentioned it  in my main post😆

Anyway its a quite contraversial topic i guess😆.
Free_Rein thumbnail

Originally posted by: Radhikerani

Hola! Welcome to our forum @Nihara!

Now, Dakshayani di has already beautifully explained about Radha and Krishna being Lakshmi and Vishnu respectively so I'll just put down Radha's earthly parichay...(though you must know the basics since you've watched half the show :D)

Radha was the daughter of Maharaj Brishbhanu and devi Kirtida/Kirtimati who lived in Barsana. She was secretly marriesd to Krishna (in the presence of Brahma and other Gods) but in the eyes of the society she was married to Ayan Ghosh/Abhimanyu who was the son of Gola and Jatila. In some Bengali tradition Ayan is said to be a cousin brother of Mother Yashoda.

I once read a story somewhere, that Ayan in his previous life had committed great penance to obtain Lakshmi as his wife. After a hard time of such, Narayan reluctantly agreed to this proposal but gave him the condition that he would be impotent when he married Lakshmi.

She has eight devoted sakhis (all part-avatars of Lakshmi) named Lalita, Vishakha, Sudevi, Rangadevi, Indulekha, Chitra, Tungavidya and Champakalata.

There are many more details you can find, they're mostly compiled by the ISKCON people. 😳
The info comes from the Brahma Vaivarta Puran, Geet Govindam, Lalita Madhavam, Chaitanya Charitamrita etc. Nibarka acharya was the first saint to concentrate on the worship of Radha-Krishna.

Thanks for the info about Ayan's back  story & other avtars of lakshmi😊.

So in the show RK got married already in the presence of brahma & other gods?? Few days back i saw a scene where Radha try to confess her feelings to krishn,dont know what happened after that & i will watch rest 50% episodes when again i get some time😊.

@others

I have limited (15 posts) per day.so posting here itself.Guys Thanks to all for replying  and providing me the info about Radha being Real not just  a fictional character😊.
Edited by ...Nihara... - 5 years ago
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
^Um, there's been no development in that area in this show yet...but I'll love to see that version with Sumedh and Mallika! :D